No Spoilers Official Red Dead Redemption 2 Discussion

Ya know I just hit level 23 and I'm sitting thinking to myself, I would have to grind 8 hours a day 7 days a week for a really long time to hit level 99. Playing at my current pace? I guess 4.5 years lol
Yeah I'm level 25 and was just thinking about this the other day. I like that it's going to last awhile but it's almost depressing to think about. I guess there will probably be double XP events.

I'm getting to a point where I feel like there's not a lot for me to do but grind levels. Which isn't a bad thing for what it is, it just went from a lot of specific short term goals to a long stretch of nothing. I'm at 27 now but don't really plan on buying anything fancy until I unlock the saddle at 36 so I can get rid of the alligator one. As dope as it looks the fact that it's free to everyone takes the value out of it.

I just found out they patched "nipple aiming" in Firewall Zero Hour so the aiming is 1:1 now which changes everything. I might be hitting that hard over the break instead of Red Dead.

Reinstalled Ghost Recon Wildlands and the customization (without grinding) and fluid feel of controls in 3rd person is 100 times better than red dead.

I loved the single player Red Dead and put up with the clunky/slow controls due to that...but multiplayer thus far is shite...it might be good in the next 6 months hopefully.

@Slick_36 I loved firewall but a bit bored of the same maps/game mode now to be honest. The guys I played with regularly are all feeling the same and we are playing different shit now. There better be a fucking map with the next update, it is the best fps out there.

Reinstalled Ghost Recon Wildlands and the customization (without grinding) and fluid feel of controls in 3rd person is 100 times better than red dead.

I loved the single player Red Dead and put up with the clunky/slow controls due to that...but multiplayer thus far is shite...it might be good in the next 6 months hopefully.

@Slick_36 I loved firewall but a bit bored of the same maps/game mode now to be honest. The guys I played with regularly are all feeling the same and we are playing different shit now. There better be a fucking map with the next update, it is the best fps out there.
I only played it for about a week before I saw the offset "nipple" aiming mentioned and I couldn't play it after I was aware of it, I probably would have pushed through but I heard they were fixing it with a patch and Red Dead was just about to drop. I'm looking forward to really diving in to it, hard to compare it to any other shooter.

Ariel Helwani on his podcast today to Kevin Lee: "What is RDD2? Is that like Fortnite, is it as good as Fortnite?" - 17 Dec 2018

I finally won a populated Make It Count match with 4 kills! Felt real good. I almost won a bow match just now but got taken out in the final few seconds by a level 74, I could have won if I just ran the clock out but I felt wrong to do that. Lesson learned, always play it safe, fuck sportsmanship.

I actually had some kid tell me he was coming for me on a stranger mission where you assassinate a posse leader. I took off when I saw the mission prompt but he asked me to stay in one spot so he had a chance since his horse was terrible. I took pity and let him catch up before killing him. It's kind of easy to get killed in that mode though and I knew staying around would eventually get me killed no matter how much better I was. And I was correct to think that since he ended up getting me when I could have easily just avoided him. I was solo anyways which removed the challenge.

No room for fairness or honor in the wild west, even the purest of heart have to be a little selfish.

Last edited:
What ability cards do y'all use? I was rocking Paint It Black, Peak Condition, and Landon's Patience all at level 1 but I saw that Slow and Steady, An Eye for an Eye, and the Unblinking Eye were supposed to an amazing combo that turns you in to a tank. It's not been working out for me to be honest but I figured maybe leveling them up would make it worth the change.

It's excellent in terms of graphics and cinematography, but average in terms of gameplay. In pursuit of realism, Rockstar forgot to make the game interesting. Many meaningless repetitive mechanics, inconvenient shooting, the lack of goal-setting, the overall slowness of each process

Someone add me on xbox: Markdamack

Like the online, but it feels boring and reduntant right now going it alone. I imagine being in a posse makes it better?

Someone add me on xbox: Markdamack

Like the online, but it feels boring and reduntant right now going it alone. I imagine being in a posse makes it better?
When I'm off work I'll add you. I would like to start a posse as well, shit would be nice getting some get back on some o'griefskulls

When I'm off work I'll add you. I would like to start a posse as well, shit would be nice getting some get back on some o'griefskulls

I'm only like a lvl 10, I think but i'll play. I don't even have a clue what you can do in a posse, but I figure it's gotta be something lol

Some of these gambling challenges are fucking horseshit.

Win 3 hands of blackjack hitting three times per hand.... WTF?!

Arthur is the greatest video game character of all time.

Man, that hit me in the feels. Absolutely incredible game. GOAT game for me. The amount of detail, freedom, and immersion Rockstar created with this game is just mind-boggling.

If anyone wants to play on PS4, feel free to add me. LaWnOrDeR92

Wow. Finished the epilogue last night. What an emotional game. Gonna knock out some side stuff then start playing online.

Just a quick question from a guy who has done ZERO reading and zero research on this game; does it have any kind of multiplayer support at all, or is this strictly a solo game?

Back