No Spoilers Official Red Dead Redemption 2 Discussion

Late to the party, glad the controls aren't as bad as some reviews led me to believe.

I give up trying to get a cold weather outfit together online, all of this is only good for average temperatures and I can't even get anything warmer for many more levels.
20181210-132554.jpg

Is the online even fun? Seems like a huge hassle.
Sometimes it's great other times it makes me want to pull my hair out. It's still in beta though so expecting perfection is unrealistic. Will be a lot more fun as more missions roll out in my opinion, the PvP is driving me crazy but I'm not sure how others feel. It might just be me when it comes to that.

Sometimes it's great other times it makes me want to pull my hair out. It's still in beta though so expecting perfection is unrealistic. Will be a lot more fun as more missions roll out in my opinion, the PvP is driving me crazy but I'm not sure how others feel. It might just be me when it comes to that.

there needs to be more to do in free roam in my opinion. i dont want to race horses or fight team deathmatch stuff. Other than hunt and shoot cops there really isnt anything to do in free roam. a bounty hunter mode would keep me hooked but im considering putting the game down for a few months

I also recommend doing small Adversary modes, never the large Adversary modes -- they pay less and eat up the clock whereas several small adversary modes end early (last man standing) pay decently and afford a better chance to win (less competition)

in larger Adversary modes you can be a controller-mashing stud but you don't affect the outcome in the slightest

I'll save someone the trouble and declare a perfect black bear pelt sells for 3.50 now

<2>

you could kill a small handful of the map's worst alligators and sell big meat two feet away in Saint Denis for days though, seems like meat sales are the way to go

never mind the time sink of loading pelts on the horse, just drop all parcels and farm 10 of every meat and see if that doesn't buy a few groceries, rinse and repeat swapping maps at the swamp

you could kill a small handful of the map's worst alligators and sell big meat two feet away in Saint Denis for days though, seems like meat sales are the way to go

never mind the time sink of loading pelts on the horse, just drop all parcels and farm 10 of every meat and see if that doesn't buy a few groceries, rinse and repeat swapping maps at the swamp

i hunt great plains, pick up a 3 star deer/buck for 7-10 bucks, then blast 4-5 bison with shotgun and sell the meat. i make about 50 bucks per hunt in blackwater

I also recommend doing small Adversary modes, never the large Adversary modes -- they pay less and eat up the clock whereas several small adversary modes end early (last man standing) pay decently and afford a better chance to win (less competition)

in larger Adversary modes you can be a controller-mashing stud but you don't affect the outcome in the slightest
Ah, I was wondering if there was an advantage of one over the other!

And I'm glad to hear meat pays so well, I was thinking pelts were too low priced and debating farming for meat instead.

Wow first time going back to the smaller showdown in awhile and I absolutely crushed Most Wanted with over twice as many points as second place.
PS-Messages-20181211-051820.jpg

PS-Messages-20181211-051812.jpg

Late to the party, glad the controls aren't as bad as some reviews led me to believe.

They're not terrible... it's 3rd Person controls. Just clunky sometimes. I switch to 1st person when looting areas, so much easier.

I've listened to a lot of the critical comments on podcasts and most of them hate on the slow pace. But, just like the first game, I'm loving it. I get so immersed in the game world when playing...

Doing gang hideouts by yourself and attempting to keep the leader alive during the bullet storm has proven difficult so far. I clear them out, but everybody ends up dead. And I end up with no treasure map

Hardware question. I just bought a 4k tv finally, the Xbox One S has 4k capabilities too, right? It's not just the One X? I mean, I know the X is better, but I have an S and was reading somewhere that the S has 4k too

All the hate on this game here and my kid asked I buy him RDR1 for early Xmas and he’s loving it.

But while I went for a walk with the dog, he started playing it like it’s GTA3 with bounties everywhere and I reset his game to the beginning and told him it’s Redemption not Rampage. Reminded him of the epilogue and why he cried over the ending.

Hardware question. I just bought a 4k tv finally, the Xbox One S has 4k capabilities too, right? It's not just the One X? I mean, I know the X is better, but I have an S and was reading somewhere that the S has 4k too
It's mostly the performance and load times the X is better than the S. I have both with a 4k tv and I think the X looks better BUT with the HDR off. The colors are more vibrant that way imo.

Starting to have some pretty consistent success in PvP. I think the update may have fixed the lag issues that were giving me so much trouble because I'm not noticing anything too crazy now. I was getting destroyed despite outmaneuvering my opponents constantly and never having a problem with speed before in the game.

This game was a real nail biter and I had to come from behind to get there. Probably my favorite mode since it lets me switch from long range to short range without a point penalty and encourages a little strategic aggression. I really dig these forrested maps for Most Wanted too.

Starting to have some pretty consistent success in PvP. I think the update may have fixed the lag issues that were giving me so much trouble because I'm not noticing anything too crazy now. I was getting destroyed despite outmaneuvering my opponents constantly and never having a problem with speed before in the game.

This game was a real nail biter and I had to come from behind to get there. Probably my favorite mode since it lets me switch from long range to short range without a point penalty and encourages a little strategic aggression. I really dig these forrested maps for Most Wanted too.

Most wanted tall trees is my favorite so far. Best I've done is third place. I haven't played a video game in over 5 years. Its frustrating, but understandable. Spent all the cash I had to get the Litchfield repeater hoping it would be better than the varmint rifle. Just about a gotdamn waste of money

Back