No Spoilers Official Red Dead Redemption 2 Discussion

Mary standing at Arthur’s grace in the end credits

Talk about hard hitting

gotta admit Im kind of bored of online.

I've hunted alone for hours, played with up to 7 mates. Did the stories/races/deathmatch/shot at hundreds of lawmen from the rooftops and saloons etc.

Just feels to lack any substance...and the more I play online the more annoying the combat system becomes.

I think have a 1-4 player coop single player campaign would have been amazing compared to this.

Also all you dudes shitting on the game - go fucking play Battlefield, COD or Fortnite. You probably also shitted on Spider Man.

And I buy a lot of games except the fucking ones multiplayer orientated that let some 12 year old bastard own you all day and call you noob and you need to spend 150 hours on the same fucking map doing the same shit before you become competent. I’ve got something else I need to spend my time on and it’s called WORK & FAMILY. I love games with stories and that don’t make you work. Saturday evening, 10pm, kid is in bed, gf is watching Dark Mirror, I got a beer and a couch and can play around in a world.

This is THE GOAT game of this generation along with Witcher 3. Maybe Witcher 3 is a notch above. Below them are a couple like Yakuza 6, Horizon Zero Dawn, Just Cause 3, God of War, Spider Man, Fallout 4, Shadow of War. Assassins Creed Origins, Yakuza Zero and MSG V hmm a category below along with Deus Exs and Far Cry 4, Just Cause 3, Sniper Elite. I’m probably misqsing something. I haven’t played Odyssey yet.

Fuck Batman for its shitty dance rhythm game fights. And that fucking BatTank.

GTA V/Skyrim doesn’t count because it was the generation before. X Com would definitely be tier 2 count but I played it on PC. But if you count the games in this paragraph, they still doesn’t beat Witcher or Red Dead 2.

If you fucking complain about riding a horse in a beautiful fucking country for missions while talking with living breathing NPCs, you’re an entitled millennial. Put on a podcast on your phone and chill the fuck out just like I do when I cruise in my car.

The story made my kid cry for the first time ever watching a game or even a film. We had a big cry together and a hug.

I sometimes take a stage coach because Strawberry to St Denis WILL involve a gun fight along the way but I will happily ride around and get involved in the various weird quests I might get. Ive done most on the gamę and still chug around. I might play Odyssey today because my kid is starting a new game in Red Dead.

My end game dude is a fucking BADASS and he’s decked out like the boss he is. My kid has a PS3 at his moms (he’s majority of the time with me) and he’s getting Red Dead 1 to play there. I think he’s going to cry... until I get him the Zombie DLC -but for instance I banned him from playing GTA V which he got from her dude.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also all you dudes shitting on the game - go fucking play Battlefield, COD or Fortnite. You probably also shitted on Spider Man.

And I buy a lot of games except the fucking ones multiplayer orientated that let some 12 year old bastard own you all day and call you noob and you need to spend 150 hours on the same fucking map doing the same shit before you become competent. I’ve got something else I need to spend my time on and it’s called WORK & FAMILY. I love games with stories and that don’t make you work.

This is THE GOAT game of this generation along with Witcher 3. Maybe Witcher 3 is a notch above. Below them are a couple like Yakuza 6, Horizon Zero Dawn, Just Cause 3, God of War, Spider Man, Fallout 4. Assassins Creed Origins and MSG V hmm a category below along with Deus Exs and Far Cry 4, Just Cause 3. I haven’t played Odyssey yet.

Fuck Batman for its shitty dance rhythm game fights. And that fucking BatTank.

GTA V/Skyrim doesn’t count because it was the generation before. X Com would definitely be tier 2 count but I played it on PC. But if you count the games in this paragraph, they still doesn’t beat Witcher or Red Dead 2.

If you fucking complain about riding a horse in a beautiful fucking country for missions while talking with living breathing NPCs, you’re an entitled millennial. Put on a podcast on your phone and chill the fuck out just like I do when I cruise in my car.

The story made my kid cry for the first time ever watching a game or even a film. We had a big cry together and a hug.

I sometimes take a stage coach because Strawberry to St Denis WILL involve a gun fight along the way but I will happily ride around and get involved in the various weird quests I might get. Ive done most on the gamę and still chug around. I might play Odyssey today because my kid is starting a new game in Red Dead.

I assume you have yet to play the multiplayer with these comments??

Also funny you talk about entitled millenials yet sit there crying with your son lol....

I also have shit to do- and didn't need the million hours worth of cut scenes in the single player- totally broke immersion for me. Cut scenes you can't skip, then cut scenes you can, then ride a horse for 15 minutes listening to someone talk. That isn't self-paced, thats linear and being forced to take the route chosen for you.

In any case, you sound like a bit of a bitch...

I assume you have yet to play the multiplayer with these comments??

Also funny you talk about entitled millenials yet sit there crying with your son lol....

I also have shit to do- and didn't need the million hours worth of cut scenes in the single player- totally broke immersion for me. Cut scenes you can't skip, then cut scenes you can, then ride a horse for 15 minutes listening to someone talk. That isn't self-paced, thats linear and being forced to take the route chosen for you.

In any case, you sound like a bit of a bitch...

Fuck multiplayer, this is a story game.

And you sound like a FUCKING CUNT because I already made fun of myself with the video.

Having a cry with your son isn’t something you will ever experience or appreciate. It’s called bonding.

I’m going off to play some Battletech in bed with my gf still snoring.

That’s her on the right with Jedi.

Fuck multiplayer, this is a story game.

And you sound like a FUCKING CUNT because I already made fun of myself with the video.

Having a cry with your son isn’t something you will ever experience or appreciate. It’s called bonding.

I’m going off to play some Battletech in bed with my gf still snoring.

That’s her on the right with Jedi.

lol yeah i dont bond with my son by crying with him over fucking videogames you sad cunt.

My kid just started a new game in Red Dead. He’s gonna have lot of fun. Also bought him 1. Great games.

lol yeah i dont bond with my son by crying with him over fucking videogames you sad cunt.

You played God of War with him and told him the Norse sagas around it? Or when playing Assassins Creed Origins you can tell him about the Ptolemy dynasty, Alexander the Great and the Roman take over of Egypt. That’s why my kid just got a A+ in his history exam about classical Greece. I can also talk about American history and the death of the Old West.

Nah. Because I’m a cry baby because I got moved by a game. Then I go and clang and bang and work out at a MMA gym where KSW stars train with my coach in their corner.

If you’re a hard ass and actually have a son, he’s not learning or bonding with you if you think having a cry is something bad. Real men cry sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
So online PvP has been frustrating me like no other game and I think I narrowed it down to input lag. I literally got the jump on a guy with my shotgun, lifted up to aim which worked for once, then pressed the trigger 5 times over two seconds with no response while he turned around and one shotted me.

It's usually either due to some movement mechanics or maybe the connection I think. There are so many times I see someone facing away from me and I lift to aim only for them to be turned around shooting before my character has the gun up. Hip firing doesn't work because if there's any cover or another player near it won't aim towards them or just straight misses. I've also noticed I'm getting shot through dense cover when I can't shoot through a gate with bars with a shotgun.

I tried my hand at raiding a rival free roam mission the other day. Killed this guy probably three times before stealing his package and getting on my horse. Then my horse proceeded to stand there ignoring all button commands like his feet were nailed to the floor. About 5 seconds later I got shot to death. When the horse comes back it's set back to bonding level 1 so I gave up and reset the session.

I really do love this game and I'm rooting for it, but it can be such an enormous pain in the ass sometimes.

I would kill for a hunting dog that can retrieve small game and birds for you.

These old larpers have got to be like hogs in mud after this game out. For the first time since the 1950's they're finally "hip" again.
It's cool to see the real life counterparts of those guns in action.

The pump action is my fav gun from the game and my weapon of choice in any game where it's available(and isn't shit). It's real life 1897 version is a bastard with the way the bolt slides all the way out the back. It can only manage two rounds as well much like McGregor.

The pump action is my fav gun from the game and my weapon of choice in any game where it's available(and isn't shit). It's real life 1897 version is a bastard with the way the bolt slides all the way out the back. It can only manage two rounds as well much like McGregor.
I'm a sucker for the revolver. They're like the cowboy's katana, not the best weapon but you can't see a revolver and not think of a cowboy and the old west, plus they're good in tight spaces. I've always liked the Peacemaker, but I like the functionality of the Schofield on horseback so it's hard to choose now.

They need more variety in weapons, especially the revolvers.

LeMats, Griswolds, etc...

Felt like the first RDR had more variety. Also felt like there were clear advantages and disadvantages for each weapon. In RDR2 there isn't much of a difference unless you go for the power of the Volcanic or speed of the semi-autos.(They also look atrocious compared to the beautiful 1911...But we want realism here so no 1911.)

I was always a fan of the Griswold and Navy Colt.

Navy Colt
39417.jpg

Griswold
329036.jpg

Basically the same gun, different sides of the civil war.

The Griswold got some hits after being showcased in "Hell on Wheels", a western show set during the railroad race to the pacific after the civil war's end.

Finally got a PvP win in Most Wanted. Felt good, man. Shotgun definitely helps, just gotta dip, duck, dive, and dodge until you get close enough to get the shot off.

Back