Official Professional Wrestling Discussion:

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other threads were from a different era. White Snake would get antsy after about 60 pages and want to start a new thread. it must be killing you, WS, that this thread is so long.:icon_chee

LOL. You're right. Snake got the last word on pw thread II. He said since this has hit 100 pages let's start pw thread III.:D

Back to the HOF idea. How do we determine at least the top 10? I think we start with 10 and whittle it down to 5 or so to induct. Then every so often we induct a new class of 5 or so.

Thoughts?
Personally i think we should vote individually for a top 20. No 1 gets 20 points and no 2 gets 19 an so on. Then we tally the votes and the top ten get in. I volunteer to keep track of the votes via pm. That being said, I will go along with any plan u guys want. I would want to wait to get input from hawk and D.R.H. and others before anything happens though

The other threads were from a different era. White Snake would get antsy after about 60 pages and want to start a new thread. it must be killing you, WS, that this thread is so long.:icon_chee

It's been killing me after 300 pages(when it had 20 PPP). Also, did you know I was usually the #1 poster in most of the old threads

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 3,716
User Name Posts
White Snake 372
BrooklynBomber 271
Francis Rossi 257
MIKEMCCANN 239
peves 223

i think if we all nominated 15-20 guys..there would most likely be 10 guys that everyone has on their list..those can be our first 10

im going to work guys
mist3.gif

slow down

Here is a brief outline of a hof plan I was thinking could work.

There are about 10-15 regular posters give or take, let everyone nominate 3 with no doubles. That would give us 30-45 to choose from.

Put 10 wrestlers in the inaugural class. Everyone select 10 wrestlers from the nominees with points from 10-1 as you described.

And I like the PM idea for the vote totals.

We just have to find out who all wants in and set a day for nominations. All nominations must be made within a week so we can have the vote the following week for induction.

Not sure if that makes sense to the rest of you. What do you think?

I see the Wasteland Empire thread blows this thread away (quantity no quality of posts of course) with 26K posts. What is in that thread? Looks like a lot of talk about nothing.

To be honest, I wish this thread was archived long ago. I use it for reference and it is tough to find shit with all these pages and posts.

There are about 10 regular posters give or take, let everyone nominate 3 with no doubles. That would give us 30 to choose from.

Put 10 wrestlers in the inaugural class. Everyone select 10 wrestlers from the nominees with points from 10-1 as you described.

We just have to find out who all wants in and set a day for nominations. All nominations must be made within a week so we can have the vote the following week for induction.

works for me. but i kept track of the last time we did a poll like this (the bombers) so its someone elses turn to keep track and tallies

works for me. but i kept track of the last time we did a poll like this (the bombers) so its someone elses turn to keep track and tallies

Flow volunteered. I have no objection.

To be honest, I wish this thread was archived long ago. I use it for reference and it is tough to find shit with all these pages and posts.

I wish we'd get our own forum instead of just one thread. But I'm sure the Anti-WWE mods would shoot that down. I think with over 30K posts in 3 threads it's deserving.

Something to think about. Night all....I'm going to go try and get some from the wife tonight. :icon_twis

There are about 10 regular posters give or take, let everyone nominate 3 with no doubles. That would give us 30 to choose from.

could work, but I think more guys should be involved If they have a history of posting even in the old threads. There are some old school guys who posted a lot in the othere threads like peves, punkmother, and others like Amy.

I wish we'd get our own forum instead of just one thread. But I'm sure the Anti-WWE mods would shoot that down. I think with over 30K posts in 3 threads it's deserving.

Something to think about. Night all....I'm going to go try and get some from the wife tonight. :icon_twis

i think if we had our own forum that there would be to much trolling and people coming in just to talk shit. although thats what an appointed mod would be good for. i think its better just having the single thread IMO

i think if we had our own forum that there would be to much trolling and people coming in just to talk shit. although thats what an appointed mod would be good for. i think its better just having the single thread IMO
rnc for mod. just think what we could do with you as a mod with CriPpler backing you. We could take over the world!!!!!!!!

could work, but I think more guys should be involved If they have a history of posting even in the old threads. There are some old school guys who posted a lot in the othere threads like peves, punkmother, and others like Amy.

Absolutely. I just threw a number out. I really don't care if 20 people are in as long as they are around for the vote as well as the nomination. That's why I suggested a week for the nominations. That would give everyone who wants in time to log on at least once in 7 days to contribute.

I figured we could open nominations for a week and then compile the list to vote from.
After the list is posted, there is a one week window to cast votes. When the window closes, add the votes and declare the first class.

Just a suggestion. I'm open for whatever. Just excited to get the ball rolling.

I like 1 thread because you basically have the same people posting about topics. It would be fun to have the hammer though. You know if there was a whole forum for wrestling, it would be a full time job dropping the ban.:icon_twis

rnc for mod. just think what we could do with you as a mod with CriPpler backing you. We could take over the world!!!!!!!!

i think "rncgnp" would look killer in blue. im down with the modship. if bomber was back id say him, but he was appointed boxing forum mod before his untimely departure. i think having to take care of two forums would be too much.

vote rncgnp for mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back