Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister

Doctor of Doom
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
New thread.

Note: Any attempts to troll this thread will be deleted and/or reprimanded. If you don't want to actually discuss Pro Wrestling and just come here to insult users, it will be dealt with.

Have fun.

I'll have first post then. What was the TNA show like?

Erm... I want to discuss wrestling AND insult everyone, can I still play?

This was the first Mania I can remember that didn't feel like a Mania.

Wretling bores the shit outta me nowadays, I prefer just watching my old tapes from the mid 90's. Y'know, back when it was all real....

MIKEMCCANN said:

Wretling bores the shit outta me nowadays, I prefer just watching my old tapes from the mid 90's. Y'know, back when it was all real....

I pretty much feel the same way. Give me some old NWA supercards, and I'm happy.

MIKEMCCANN said:

Hey now....IT'S STILL REAL TO ME, DAMMIT! :D

I do agree that 'Mania felt like a Bash at the Beach this year. I think it really does stem from the fact that people aren't latching on to their new "stars". Mostly because they suck.

Francis Rossi said:
I pretty much feel the same way. Give me some old NWA supercards, and I'm happy.

I personally prefer Japanese strong style matches like the ones in NOAH and NJPW but I also like ROH, I think Brian Danielson would make a good MMA fighter with submission and strike background.

The Elemental O said:
I personally prefer Japanese strong style matches like the ones in NOAH and NJPW but I also like ROH, I think Brian Danielson would make a good MMA fighter with submission and strike background.

Strong style's great too. All Japan had that market cornered in the 80s and early 90s. Misawa, Kobashi, Kawada, Dr Death, Hansen, Gordy, etc. Good stuff.

Francis Rossi said:
Strong style's great too. All Japan had that market cornered in the 80s and early 90s. Misawa, Kobashi, Kawada, Dr Death, Hansen, Gordy, etc. Good stuff.

So true, AJPW was the best in the 90's too bad that Giant Baba's wife screwed it up when she took control after her husband's passing. She completely depushed the juiniors (the original strong style term to TNA's X-Division or light heavyweights) which upseted Misawa who mentored several of them that led to his departure with guys like Kobashi and Kawada following which led to the creation of NOAH which is the best fed in Japan right.

What about the women wrestling (known as Joshi) overthere? Wow! Women like Akira Hokuto and Lioness Asuka could single handley beat the crap out of the WWE Divas in real life (Lita and Melina are one of the decent ones after Trish left and Victoria isn't around much).

Do you want to get the TUF Forum's panties in a bunch? Tell them that TUF 5 contestant Wayne Weems is also an independent pro wrestler who wrestles under the name Nathan Ironside.

The Elemental O said:
So true, AJPW was the best in the 90's too bad that Giant Baba's wife screwed it up when she took control after her husband's passing. She completely depushed the juiniors (the original strong style term to TNA's X-Division or light heavyweights) which upseted Misawa who mentored several of them that led to his departure with guys like Kobashi and Kawada following which led to the creation of NOAH which is the best fed in Japan right.

What about the women wrestling (known as Joshi) overthere? Wow! Women like Akira Hokuto and Lioness Asuka could single handley beat the crap out of the WWE Divas in real life (Lita and Melina are one of the decent ones after Trish left and Victoria isn't around much).

I think Kawada actually stuck with All Japan. Pretty much everyone else bar the gaijin left though.

I've not seen much joshi, but what I saw was so much better than WWE's Women's Division that a comparison's unfair. I think Trish might have made the mid-card at best. Which isn't a slight on her, just that the joshi gals are really good.

White Snake said:
Do you want to get the TUF Forum's panties in a bunch? Tell them that TUF 5 contestant Wayne Weems is also an independent pro wrestler who wrestles under the name Nathan Ironside.

Wow, a Tuffer and a pro wrestler? He will be a huge fan favorite on Sherdog!

Well, interesting start to RAW from Italy.

I have a feeling they're gonna strip Santino of the title before the end of the show and give it to Umaga

i have a strange theory on mania and carlito

i think the interview carlito did that got in him trouble stated the true outcomes for mania's matches but the wwe got pissed and changed a couple of them like shawn vs cena

i think shawn was ment to beat cena at mania but they are now doing it at backlash but i think shawn will pin orton to win the title

if cena is still champ after backlash i will take a break from wrestling again because thats just fucking stupid

oh and i thought the crowd for tonights raw was pretty dead in the main event all they did was pretty much boo every time cena hit orton or edge...

not wrestling, but one of our convo pals- does yamakasi-va go to VT? I thought I saw their logo as his avatar once.

Amy Robinson said:
not wrestling, but one of our convo pals- does yamakasi-va go to VT? I thought I saw their logo as his avatar once.

Oh shit. Maybe KK can give him a call and check on everything.

Amy Robinson said:

thanks for the concern baby....but i'm ok. i'm not at VT, i'm in grad school at VCU in richmond, va. i know a some people that go to VT tho. a friend of mine was in the dorm where the guy started shooting. not sure if this has come out to the press but she said that he shot his girlfriend first and then went out to shoot others.....very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back