*** OFFICIAL #PACHORN Fight Thread/Discussions/Spoilers ***

I'll tell you what, I truly think Atlas has this shit planned before he sits down to commentate on the fight. He's been around long enough to know judges almost never score rounds 10-8 without KDs, he was sitting with 2 experienced fans in Tessitore and Bradley who were both telling him we were watching a close fight and he just tuned it all out.

I wouldn't say that. Off the top of my head I can think of several times like Kovalev-Hopkins, Pac-Oscar, Khan-Maidana, Calzaghe-Lacy. This round wasn't as dominant as the others but I think a 10-8 round was justified. Horn was on queer street and wobbling all over the ring. Doesn't matter whether that was due to exhaustion or not. He was battered. There was a reason the ref came to him after the round and said "I'm going to stop the fight unless you show me something". I understand you scoring it a 10-9 though.

I think it says something when the press scores had it: 55 Pacquiao 7 Horn 5 Draw. Every poll I've seen on any message board has Pacquiao by at least 2/3 vote. This was a poor decision no matter which way you slice it up.

Oh shit! Box rec totally marked it wrong because it shows that PAC lost.

I do suspect he trained very little, but that's on him.

People may not like the outcome and disagree. But they shouldn't try to take what is probably going to end up being his greatest performance of his life away from him. That's fucked up.

What teddy said after the fight is ridiculous, and I always liked teddy.
He took a decision he disagreed with, in what was pretty close fight, and told everyone that was watching that they had all been duped, fooled and lied to,
all so he could get more tv time and an academy award for best actor.
And what's worse is that he said it to an audience that was mostly casual fans.

Look what happened to Timothy Bradley.
Funny that Bradley was commentating this fight.

I wouldn't say that. Off the top of my head I can think of several times like Kovalev-Hopkins, Pac-Oscar, Khan-Maidana, Calzaghe-Lacy. This round wasn't as dominant as the others but I think a 10-8 round was justified. Horn was on queer street and wobbling all over the ring. Doesn't matter whether that was due to exhaustion or not. He was battered. There was a reason the ref came to him after the round and said "I'm going to stop the fight unless you show me something". I understand you scoring it a 10-9 though.
Horn was wobbling a lot, but there wasn't necessarily a barrage of punches landing. If there were, the fight would have been stopped then and there given how Horn was behaving.

I think it says something when the press scores had it: 55 Pacquiao 7 Horn 5 Draw. Every poll I've seen on any message board has Pacquiao by at least 2/3 vote. This was a poor decision no matter which way you slice it up.
The only reason they stand out is because it was unusual that the judges scored the round that way.

I think that was to do with his distancing. Power doesn't tend to fade as much as other attributes but range and timing can really affect how hard your punches land and his range and timing were off.
No fighter in history has increased their power as they've moved up in weight. I'm not making any accusations but the power he had 3-5 years ago is gone. Your right power doesn't tend to fade

No fighter in history has increased their power as they've moved up in weight. I'm not making any accusations but the power he had 3-5 years ago is gone. Your right power doesn't tend to fade

All of the talk about Pac's weight and power has been exaggerated over the years. Pacquiao's power did not increase when he moved up. The guy has 3 stoppages in 16 fights from 140-154.

He stopped Oscar and Cotto, but it was through accumulation. He was too fast and threw too many punches. At 140 Ricky Hatton walked face first into a death blow with his hands down. That's it for him, out of 16 fights.

He didn't even gain much weight in the last decade. He weighed in the mid-140s as a super-feather weight in his late 20's.

Pac may have used steroids. But his weight and power are not evidence of it.

All of the talk about Pac's weight and power has been exaggerated over the years. Pacquiao's power did not increase when he moved up. The guy has 3 stoppages in 16 fights from 140-154.

He stopped Oscar and Cotto, but it was through accumulation. He was too fast and threw too many punches. At 140 Ricky Hatton walked face first into a death blow with his hands down. That's it for him, out of 16 fights.

He didn't even gain much weight in the last decade. He weighed in the mid-140s as a super-feather weight in his late 20's.

Pac may have used steroids. But his weight and power are not evidence of it.
tbh, I never though it was a gain of power that was suspect as he moved up. I always thought if it was anything, the freaking explosiveness that grew with every big fight after 140 was more than just the buzzsaw always working Manny we saw earlier in his career. You know that quick pop that became explosions. The Manny that fought Morales never would've bludgeoned Cotto the way he did. i was like, come on ref, go ahead and stop this fight.

I made a highlights video and tried to include the bigger shots from the two fighters.

I'm a boxing fan first and foremost and I call it like I see it. Pac's been my favorite active fighter ever since the Morales fight. But all good things come to an end, and his is here. I don't want to watch him get older and older and look worse and worse. He's got the best resume win or lose of any fighter in recent memory. Nothing more to accomplish for him.
I was just posting things just like this a couple weeks ago saying I didn't want to see PAC or Floyd turn in to stepping stones for the next young guy they expect to be a superstar. PAC should retire, and Floyd should stay that way.

2 amazing fighters with nothing left to prove.

Although I think PAC should go all out for this rematch so he can go out on top.

Perhaps we can get a training montage to "let's get physical " by Olivia newton John so we know he's serious this time, and then retire.

Wow I'm necromancer this thread because it's funny. Many old " vets " here can't seem to objectively call a fight. Pac wasn't shot and cleary beat horns ass while the ref did absolutely nothing. How do you land twice as much and get outworked ? Lol wtf. Horn should of been disqualified and pac went on to beat a much better fighter in Thurman. Lol at this thread.

Back