Official Oympics 2016 Boxing Thread

I don't think Joe Joyce is anything special at all, but he won that fight pretty fucking clearly. Olympic judges are a joke man.

Hope Yoka goes pro add some nice young talent to the HW division.
Joyce is damn train, good body punches.

Close fight, happy for Yoka. Cleaner punches even if Joyce took over in round 3. I hope we'll see more of these two guys as professionals.

What hole in the wall are you even from? Check your medal count and ours.
No an adult typing at a 3rd grade level is nothing to pat yourself on the back about.
Why would I be mad? The Cuban deserved to win. I dont care what you think of a rematch. A silver medal is nothing to feel like a loser about.
There is no torch pass. Other countries have always had more prolific AMATEUR programs and have done just as good if not better than US at ammys for a while. Who cares?
Valid points about this tournament and its fuckery were made. Has nothing to do with me being American. Which you brought up.

France is third in term of final ranking, so u wrong again.
And no, you brought it first about usa.

Yoka won this before the olympics even began ; gifted decisions and even protected from big punchers
Romanian Nistor was robbed because he had a shot at KO-ing Yoka

Hater, crazy how u full of hatred about our french champ.
That hrgovic fight was a close one, but he won again joyce 2-1.

Landing on the gloves dnt make u win a fight, yoka was more clean.

Its like saying that the us basketball team is rigged With the refs.

Rd 1 yoka
Rd2 joyce
Rd3 yoka

Only english ppl or americans doing some french bashing saw joyce, how the hell can you see him win? Hrgovic was a debate, not that one.

Its crazy, and u call yourselfs boxing fans?

Even in boxing scene and some major boxing forums they saw yoka being more clean, blocking those robotic punch from joyce.
"Joyce is powerfull but sometimes he was like a bum outhere." Boxingscene comment

I said before that the hrgovic fight was really close, but that fight?! Your french bashing is pathetic, im so happy for tony and his wife estelle who also won the gold medal. His cuban coach did a great job with him since he is 16yrs old, remember his name he will be the next hw champion of the world.

A lot of work to reach joshua's level tho, but he is only 24 and im so curious to see him Reach his full potential and try to give to the big cats some hard times.

France is third in term of final ranking, so u wrong again.
And no, you brought it first about usa.
If you're 3rd and we are 1st why would I be mad. Your math skills showing again.
Shut the fuck up with your crying. People are allowed to have an opinion about terrible judging and scoring.
Has nothing to do with them being English or American. Stop using that as crutch for your hurt feelings.
Plenty of REAL HARDCORE boxing fans who don't like a lot of ammy tournaments. Who are you to question them being a fan of boxing. Ammy boxing is its own thing. At least they watched it and gave it a shot.

Gotta show some love to Uzbekistan. They finished with the most medals in the Olympic boxing with 7, tied Cuba with 3 gold medals. Really an impressive achievement from a country that only got 1 medal (Bronze) in 2012.

Anyways It's been fun.

Rd 1 yoka
Rd2 joyce
Rd3 yoka

Only english ppl or americans doing some french bashing saw joyce, how the hell can you see him win? Hrgovic was a debate, not that one.

Its crazy, and u call yourselfs boxing fans?

Even in boxing scene and some major boxing forums they saw yoka being more clean, blocking those robotic punch from joyce.
"Joyce is powerfull but sometimes he was like a bum outhere." Boxingscene comment

I said before that the hrgovic fight was really close, but that fight?! Your french bashing is pathetic, im so happy for tony and his wife estelle who also won the gold medal. His cuban coach did a great job with him since he is 16yrs old, remember his name he will be the next hw champion of the world.

A lot of work to reach joshua's level tho, but he is only 24 and im so curious to see him Reach his full potential and try to give to the big cats some hard times.

Quoting this for later use. You think Tony Yoka will be a HW champion, now that is a good 1.

Hater, crazy how u full of hatred about our french champ.
That hrgovic fight was a close one, but he won again joyce 2-1.

Landing on the gloves dnt make u win a fight, yoka was more clean.

Its like saying that the us basketball team is rigged With the refs.
Once your boy faces any half decent pro you will face a nasty reality check

I mean, they didnt even dare to put him against Mihai Nistor , lol

Spare us the Illuminati plot crap, you're giving France way more influence than it does have within the AIBA. I doubt Nistor's having the skill to catch Yoka in 3 is very questionable anyway.

I doubt Nistor's having the skill to catch Yoka in 3 is very questionable anyway.
It took him less to catch Joshua.

There is 0 question that Nistor got robbed against Ishaish. It was one of the worst robberies on the Olympics.
The reason for it was quite obvious.
I am not talking about French influence in AIBA ( for the record, I have lived in Paris and actually cornered in a fight for a WBF title bout there), but about influence in whoever has an interest in Yoka`s career.
Someone mentioned Cubans in his team, so there is that.

So you can spare us the blindness and neglect that the Olympics have been ravaged by judges decisions. Some of those refs deserve life ban and it is not only Yoka ; watch Tischenko vs Levit, Conlan vs Nitkin or Russell vs Gaibnazarov...

But yoka didnt steal anything! He won that fcking tournament and the only debate was that hrgovic fight.

He blocks very well and he is more clean, we saw it against joyce.

How can ppl talk about corruption? Tournament was in brazil, the only corruption in recent years was joshua in london.
Funny when we see the english being mad as fck on the internet since the last night, did they forgot?

He fucked clayton, he won against that jordanian, hard fight against hrgovic, and joyce? He was better than him.

Some screen from boxingscene.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Yoka won a couple of close fights, as it happens often in these tournaments. In both cases he scored cleaner punches, which does matter in boxing. A few bad decisions in a tournament do not entitle observers to claim every decision they're not happy with was a fix.

Now, if Nistor was the kind of world beater people seem to describe he would have dispached the Jordanian dude easily, which he did not. Technically speaking, he's basically a mess with a pucher's chance, who was very unlikely to land big on a mobile HW such as Yoka in a 3 rounder. To pretend he had a way bigger chance to beat Yoka is nothing else than an opinion, nothing solid.

Last edited:
lol at the guy up there who posts screenshots from other forums, like ...really?

"few bad decisions" is a blatant thing to say; Rio was some Roy Jones 88` level of shit. You send your opponent to hospital in a 3 round bout while he gets a gift decision and cannot continue due to injuries. That`s what happened to Conlan.
Hrgovic was about to be robbed vs Pero (floored him in the first and still lost the round 2:1) before managing to get the KO.
Nobody describes Nistor as a world beater (although he has a stoppage win over Joshua who is considered as one of the future rulers of the HW) but nobody is also proclaiming that Hussein Iashaish is a bum. If yes then why Yoka hasnt stopped him? I dont remember him even dropping Iashiash while Nistor did it twice.

Yor logic is flawed here.

Also a little extra, a funny attempt of damage control from AIBA
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...ing-association-six-judges-sent-home-rio-2016

I rest my case. There is nothing to add here. I do not expect any of you to change your mind or admit that you were wrong but time will show how Yoka does in pro boxing. If he thinks he can do it with this style it is going to end up bad. Very bad.

There were a few questionable decisions, which is rather common in amateur boxing tournaments. Comparing them to the 88 Jones debacle is an overstatement.

Nistor is a puncher, Yoka isn't. Punchers are more likely to dispatch their opponents in 3 rounds. It's not that complicated.

I'm not saying that Yoka will be great as a pro, though. His chin and power should be tested over more than 3 rounds before claiming it, and his defense isn't flawless. But for the amateur format he's pretty good, his record speaking for itself.

He will do good in pro like deontay, joshua, and that new generation who started in beijing in 2008

Yoka lost in london and he came back to win the gold in rio, he have a big heart u will see. He is under one of the best cuban coach since he was 16yrs old, his style is unique.

Last edited:
Back