Official NBA Playoffs thread v7...The Warriors Dynasty LOOMS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cowherd used to be alright until he started getting decent air time on ESPN, t hen he went into complete Skip Bayless troll mode.

Btw Bron should have fouled out last game. Refs completely swallowed their whistles in the second half and let him do whatever he wanted. MJ never needed the refs to call the game differently for him to be the goat.

Whats funny is that LBJ wouldn't get a single criticism if he would just come out and admit that Mj is tier above him. Then they would just compare him to Magic and guys like Malone.

Whats funny is that LBJ wouldn't get a single criticism if he would just come out and admit that Mj is tier above him. Then they would just compare him to Magic and guys like Malone.
Pretty sure saying that voids his Nike contract.

Pretty sure saying that voids his Nike contract.
Well you cant have all things. Do you want fame or do you want privacy? Do you want to be considered great or do you want to be considered goat?

Steph got bashed all year long for shooting around 40% from 3. Why because hes the goat shooter.

What makes you say that?
Were able to play together longer, pushed the Finals to game 7. Never blew a 3-1 series lead. Did so without a player as good as Hardcan or Ibakan on their team with them.

Btw Bron should have fouled out last game. Refs completely swallowed their whistles in the second half and let him do whatever he wanted. MJ never needed the refs to call the game differently for him to be the goat.
Jordan is GOAT, but he got more calls than the rest of the league combined.

I like that Ranch said, not that long ago, "win or lose. I made the right choice". If you lose, you clearly didn't make the right choice you fucking maroon.

I like that Ranch said, not that long ago, "win or lose. I made the right choice". If you lose, you clearly didn't make the right choice you fucking maroon.
Getting out of OKC and moving to Cali is a huge victory.

Jordan is GOAT, but he got more calls than the rest of the league combined.

Most superstars get calls, my issue with LeBum is not only does he get calls but the refs also swallow their whistle when he lowers his shoulder and bulldozes defenders. Snaq Attack is the only other player I've seen routinely get away with so many offensive fouls

Shaq would get away with wrapping his arm around the defender's waist while posting up and spin to an easy bucket

Good times imo

Saw that too. He made the easy (AKA bitchmade) choice, compared to going tho Sam Presti and demanding him to stop being cheap when you are on the cusp of being a championship contender. The Ranch and Bronk (and a regressed Ibaka) Thunder were only a piece or two from full contender status. Beating an uninjured full squad Spurs team and going 3-1 against the Warios a year back proves my point. Not sure they beat Juice though.

The Blunder's window was about to slam shut, and it was all on the organization. They drafted like legends and then brutalized their championship window all the same. Not really surprising to see Ranch stoked he jumped ship

Also this mvp season by Bronk shouldn't hide the fact that he didn't seem like the funnest teammate to share the spotlight with. Westbrick heroball wasn't enjoyable to watch, and was probably terrible to deal with

Most superstars get calls, my issue with LeBum is not only does he get calls but the refs also swallow their whistle when he lowers his shoulder and bulldozes defenders. Snaq Attack is the only other player I've seen routinely get away with so many offensive fouls
This is true. However, reffing Shaq must have been hard as hell. They certainly let defenders get away with a ton against him as well. He definitely got away with bulldozing people. But the problem was he was so massive and strong that he legitimately knocked people on their ass (no flop) even when it wasn't an offensive foul.

Almost all superstars tend to get calls, but it was practically illegal to touch Jordan, especially during the second 3-peat. Only player who got away with breathing on him heavily was Reggie during that time. And the only player who has ever been allowed as many steps as Jordan (consistently) was Ewing.

Bern absolutely gets away with a lot of charges. It can be downright egregious. He definitely deals with more uncalled contact against him than Jordan did though.

Was thinking recently, Bern has gotta be one of the most durable superstars in history right? Can barely remember any times when he's been hurt

Even with the egregious juicing it's still amazing

The Blunder's window was about to slam shut, and it was all on the organization. They drafted like legends and then brutalized their championship window all the same. Not really surprising to see Ranch stoked he jumped ship

Also this mvp season by Bronk shouldn't hide the fact that he didn't seem like the funnest teammate to share the spotlight with. Westbrick heroball wasn't enjoyable to watch, and was probably terrible to deal with

This is news to nobody but if the never trade Hardcan to the Rockettes they become a draft-built dynasty not unlike todays Warriors. Stupid, stupid cheap bastards, those Blunder are.

This is news to nobody but if the never trade Hardcan to the Rockettes they become a draft-built dynasty not unlike todays Warriors. Stupid, stupid cheap bastards, those Blunder are.
Their drafting was eyepoppingly unbelievable

This is true. However, reffing Shaq must have been hard as hell. They certainly let defenders get away with a ton against him as well. He definitely got away with bulldozing people. But the problem was he was so massive and strong that he legitimately knocked people on their ass (no flop) even when it wasn't an offensive foul.

Almost all superstars tend to get calls, but it was practically illegal to touch Jordan, especially during the second 3-peat. Only player who got away with breathing on him heavily was Reggie during that time. And the only player who has ever been allowed as many steps as Jordan (consistently) was Ewing.

Bern absolutely gets away with a lot of charges. It can be downright egregious. He definitely deals with more uncalled contact against him than Jordan did though.

NBA knew what they had in the Jordan marketing machine. Was wise to protect it. There was a time when the NBA was doing worse numbers than the NHL (edit - actually about the same). Jordan changed all that. Gotta go with what makes the dough and NBA figured out marketing superstars does that better than anything. Nike did an amazing job making a straight asshole look like the nicest dude in the world, too.

Magic and Bird set the precedent and Jordan took the ball and ran with it to new levels.

i wonder if in todays era of social media Jordan could retain that clean cut image as well?

Warriors aren't losing a play off game to a celtics without Thomas..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back