***Official NBA Off-season Discussion v7.0 Will Isaiah/Kyrie Trade Be Boliterated??***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave you a pretty well thought out response (for sherdog) and this is all you could come up with? Shits weak faust. I expected more from you.
Just because your post was long doesn't make it well thought out

You didn't address a single issue that might actually favor "muh small markets" teams. When in reality, there's an abundance of factors working in the favor of a small market team with a weak roster.

Just because your post was long doesn't make it well thought out

You didn't address a single issue that might actually favor "muh small markets" teams. When in reality, there's an abundance of factors working in the favor of a small market team with a weak roster.

Your post was basically "nuh uh" with no reasoning behind it other than the fact that I'm wrong and I'm a Queens fan. I made a handful of points in that original post. You can't tell me that I didn't address a single issue while you follow that up with your next sentence doing exactly what you're calling me out for. Explain to me what the abundance of factors that are working in favor of small market teams are so we can have a conversation about it.

Your post was basically "nuh uh" with no reasoning behind it other than the fact that I'm wrong and I'm a Queens fan. I made a handful of points in that original post. You can't tell me that I didn't address a single issue while you follow that up with your next sentence doing exactly what you're calling me out for. Explain to me what the abundance of factors that are working in favor of small market teams are so we can have a conversation about it.
Okay I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you haven't read my previous posts on this issue

Salary cap. Teams can only sign so many quality players

Minutes. There are only so many minutes to go around on any NBA team. A star prospect is gonna want his opportunity to shine

Rookie max contracts.
Rookies basically get underpaid as a rule when they first come into the league, so they need to do as much as they can in their first years in order to secure a rookie extension deal that will finally get them paid. Now, if you're a rookie, are you gonna be trying to land this extension as an 8th man on some yoff team or as a featured starter on a lottery team?

small market teams also get the luxury tax distributions and other parts of revenue sharing...

a few seasons back, the Lakes paid more into Revenue Sharing than all but three other teams MADE in the entire year....

then again they need this, as their local broadcasting deals are atrocious compared to the large markets. Shit, the Clippers deal is embarrassing compared to the Lakers

Your idea is basically like saying that everyone that graduates college with honors in the real world should go work for Exxon, Google, Monsanto, Amazon and Apple. None of the smartest people in America should ever go and try to start their own business. They should all consolidate into the biggest corporations and make them even more powerful to create an even larger monopoly on the world.

This idea would completely ruin the NBA. You big market fucks that ESPN gets on their knees for every night would be happy because you would securely never have to worry about your team sucking. Just the location alone would guarantee the teams success for basically ever. Teams like Milwaukee, Cleveland (after Bron), Sacramento, Phoenix, OKC (after Westbrook) would essentially go out of business or get contracted because they would turn into nothing more than jobbers for the rest of the league. Many of the fans of those teams would just say fuck it and quit watching basketball all together because the league would be set up to give big market teams a clear advantage over the already free agency destination advantages that they already have.

What do you mean there's no compelling argument for the draft? It creates parity. It gives teams a chance to improve if mistakes were made. It dissuades monopolies from being formed. It gives teams that aren't in NY, LA or Miami a chance to land franchise players. Who gives a shit if Phoenix or whatever other shitty team tanks the last 20 games of the season to build for the future. It doesn't harm the league nearly as much as consolidating the NBA into 6 super teams that just battle each other until the end of time.
That would probably be a good thing actually. These shit cities don't deserve a sport franchise to begin with.

Okay I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you haven't read my previous posts on this issue

Salary cap. Teams can only sign so many quality players

Minutes. There are only so many minutes to go around on any NBA team. A star prospect is gonna want his opportunity to shine

Rookie max contracts.
Rookies basically get underpaid as a rule when they first come into the league, so they need to do as much as they can in their first years in order to secure a rookie extension deal that will finally get them paid. Now, if you're a rookie, are you gonna be trying to land this extension as an 8th man on some yoff team or as a featured starter on a lottery team?

Thanks I hadn't read further back than the post I originally quoted.

The rookie max contract point is interesting but I don't see the point in it. What is all that supposed to be fixing exactly?

As it stands right now, the worst team basically gets the #1 pick. That player signs for 4 years on a relatively low salary and then plays out those years until it's time for an extension for free agency. Your idea has the player making much less, with the option to sign with the team of their choice out of college, correct? So if Fultz signs with OKC, he's not going to get a lot of playing time and he probably wont get paid as much when his rookie contract is up. If Fultz signs with the 76ers, he has a much higher chance of getting a fat contract because he will get shots.....but that's already the system that's in place today. So where is the fix in all of that?

All I see is the option for Fultz to go to the Spurs. Parker retires in a year, Fultz balls out and now the Spurs stay exactly where they're at. If the NBA had a problem with rookies coming out, getting paid Albert Haynesworth style and then just half assing it, I could see the incentive to go your route. But as it stands, they're already doing exactly what you're talking about so the only point to it that I can see is them being able to choose which team they want to go to.

The only thing that's going to come out of that idea is the option for players to blacklist small market teams. It's not going to happen 100% of the time but it's going to happen enough to where those teams will never be able to dig themselves out of a hole unless the next sure fire HOF shows up and decides he's going to Phoenix to dominate.

Most good teams have holes somewhere so the rookies are generally going to flock to those teams. Harrison Barnes got a fat contract on very modest stats because Dallas was thinking that he was being held back by not getting enough touches. On the flip side, a good player can sign with a small market, put up 25/10/5 and only win 20 games a year. They could wind up with the same contract or less than like Barnes because they have the label as an empty stat player that doesn't produce wins. It's especially going to hurt when that player and their small market could draft guys like Shawn Marion who could propel them into the playoffs, except they can't because the Marion's of the world are going to already established teams.

Uh oh looks like Shart got back in shape. It's a good thing too because he was starting to look like Ray Ray Felton.

Z-Bo got the 150 hours community service. Knew he was gonna beat that bogus ass charge them racist Canifornia cops was trying to pin on him.

That would probably be a good thing actually. These shit cities don't deserve a sport franchise to begin with.

Lol, you live in a "shit" city. It's called Los Mangeles.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/07/06/opinion/welcome-to-hooverville-california.html?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/los-angeles/2794748-why-los-angeles-worst-city-men.html

Unfortunately, you have no upward mobility, so you're stuck in that phony, sprawling, low energy dump, unlike me, who got out alive and is now in a real
city.

LA, where the idea of romance is receiving a blumpkin from a 300 pound Mexican woman with 7 kids out of wedlock.

Lol, you live in a "shit" city. It's called Los Mangeles.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/07/06/opinion/welcome-to-hooverville-california.html?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/los-angeles/2794748-why-los-angeles-worst-city-men.html

Unfortunately, you have no upward mobility, so you're stuck in that phony, sprawling, low energy dump, unlike me, who got out alive and is now in a real
city.
I actually live in Orange County minutes from the beach. But keep on spamming these shit links to justify you not being able to make it out here. Post some more texts, try hard.

I actually live in Orange County minutes from the beach. But keep on spamming these shit links to justify you not being able to make it out here. Post some more texts, try hard.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/o...on-thread-v-13.3497911/page-12#post-128737045

"LOL, this guy just buried his own grave.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.jpg

image.png

image.png

Sounds like a lot of girls for a "queer," lol, especially when you consider I only dug up texts from girls I've met over the last week or 2.

Now it's your turn to post the women in your phone hitting you up. Of course there won't be any, but this should be good.../quote

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/o...on-thread-v-13.3497911/page-12#post-128737045

"LOL, this guy just buried his own grave.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.jpg

image.png

image.png

Sounds like a lot of girls for a "queer," lol, especially when you consider I only dug up texts from girls I've met over the last week or 2.

Now it's your turn to post the women in your phone hitting you up. Of course there won't be any, but this should be good.../quote

My girlfriend texted me and asked if I was able to go poop today if you want to see that.

Thanks I hadn't read further back than the post I originally quoted.

The rookie max contract point is interesting but I don't see the point in it. What is all that supposed to be fixing exactly?

As it stands right now, the worst team basically gets the #1 pick. That player signs for 4 years on a relatively low salary and then plays out those years until it's time for an extension for free agency. Your idea has the player making much less, with the option to sign with the team of their choice out of college, correct? So if Fultz signs with OKC, he's not going to get a lot of playing time and he probably wont get paid as much when his rookie contract is up. If Fultz signs with the 76ers, he has a much higher chance of getting a fat contract because he will get shots.....but that's already the system that's in place today. So where is the fix in all of that?

All I see is the option for Fultz to go to the Spurs. Parker retires in a year, Fultz balls out and now the Spurs stay exactly where they're at. If the NBA had a problem with rookies coming out, getting paid Albert Haynesworth style and then just half assing it, I could see the incentive to go your route. But as it stands, they're already doing exactly what you're talking about so the only point to it that I can see is them being able to choose which team they want to go to.

The only thing that's going to come out of that idea is the option for players to blacklist small market teams. It's not going to happen 100% of the time but it's going to happen enough to where those teams will never be able to dig themselves out of a hole unless the next sure fire HOF shows up and decides he's going to Phoenix to dominate.

Most good teams have holes somewhere so the rookies are generally going to flock to those teams. Harrison Barnes got a fat contract on very modest stats because Dallas was thinking that he was being held back by not getting enough touches. On the flip side, a good player can sign with a small market, put up 25/10/5 and only win 20 games a year. They could wind up with the same contract or less than like Barnes because they have the label as an empty stat player that doesn't produce wins. It's especially going to hurt when that player and their small market could draft guys like Shawn Marion who could propel them into the playoffs, except they can't because the Marion's of the world are going to already established teams.

<FookIsThatGuy>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back