***Official NBA Off-season Discussion v7.0 Will Isaiah/Kyrie Trade Be Boliterated??***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know the backstory on this?

What report made him so angry

Cause if someone gets that angry over something its probably true
He's upset about his ranking in the ESPN top 100 players for this season. He's just whining. Although there are some issues in the rankings.

He's upset about his ranking in the ESPN top 100 players for this season. He's just whining. Although there are some issues in the rankings.

Then he tried saying "I'm not mad about my ranking, I'm just thinking about other guys"

Hey ranked demar behind Middleton again lol more prove em coming

Just wanted to say it's great reading this thread, you guys really are very knowledgeable and I learn shit every time I skim through it.

@faustian is da goat tho.

Just wanted to say it's great reading this thread, you guys really are very knowledgeable and I learn shit every time I skim through it.

@faustian is da groat tho.
agreed.

xcWsia0.gif

I've been trying to keep my mind off of it, but's it's difficult.

I'm going to miss Tony Allen.

Tony+Allen+Turnover.gif

kick.gif

It's crazy to say with Canley and Fatsol still on the team, but with Z-bo and TA gone, it feels like the end of an era.

This is what people for whatever reason refuse to wrap their heads around

When I first pushed this all I got was "YOU JUST WANT HEAT TO GET BEST YOUNG PLAYER EVERY YEAR"

And the logical counter to that is the same now as it was then, what you just explained. If you have a rookie max cap, then rookies will be incentivized to choose situations where they can maximize their own value in anticipation of their next contract. Would some top rookies choose 50 win teams? Of course, and good for them. A guy like prime Shawn Marion coming out of college today and choosing say the Faptors would be an awesome fit for everyone involved, and IT WOULD MAKE THE LEAGUE BETTER

But a generational talent like a Shaq or Duncan or Kobe or Wad or LeBeta or Dirk, these guys aren't gonna take the Shawn Marion route because a) they're franchise level players who need to be able to dominate their franchise, and b) their basketball skills aren't suited as complimentary players. Shawn Marion can get you 20/10 without having a single play run for him; Duncan can't get you 15 points without having isolation post plays drawn up for him

So like anything, it differs from case to case, player to player. But allowing "free rookies" only gives the NBA fan more of what they want: watching players play where they want. Did anyone enjoy DMC in Sacramento? Is anyone enjoying Anthony Davis in NO? Porzingoof in NYC? Embiid in Philly? Giannis in MIL (although I do like that Cucks team)?

No blue chip rookie is gonna go to a team that landed the previous year's top player. I think we all know by now that players have an individual self-interest, as they should. This isn't football where a star WR can go to a team with the star QB and there's zero personal sacrifice needed. I would've loved to have seen the Spurs get a Markelle Fultz. Who the hell wouldn't?

I think the greatest argument for doing away with the draft is the fact that there is no compelling argument for the draft. If anyone wants to try to put one forth, go for it

Your idea is basically like saying that everyone that graduates college with honors in the real world should go work for Exxon, Google, Monsanto, Amazon and Apple. None of the smartest people in America should ever go and try to start their own business. They should all consolidate into the biggest corporations and make them even more powerful to create an even larger monopoly on the world.

This idea would completely ruin the NBA. You big market fucks that ESPN gets on their knees for every night would be happy because you would securely never have to worry about your team sucking. Just the location alone would guarantee the teams success for basically ever. Teams like Milwaukee, Cleveland (after Bron), Sacramento, Phoenix, OKC (after Westbrook) would essentially go out of business or get contracted because they would turn into nothing more than jobbers for the rest of the league. Many of the fans of those teams would just say fuck it and quit watching basketball all together because the league would be set up to give big market teams a clear advantage over the already free agency destination advantages that they already have.

What do you mean there's no compelling argument for the draft? It creates parity. It gives teams a chance to improve if mistakes were made. It dissuades monopolies from being formed. It gives teams that aren't in NY, LA or Miami a chance to land franchise players. Who gives a shit if Phoenix or whatever other shitty team tanks the last 20 games of the season to build for the future. It doesn't harm the league nearly as much as consolidating the NBA into 6 super teams that just battle each other until the end of time.

NBA never really had parity and it still doesn't. It's always about a couple dominant teams and a couple of also rans and a bunch of cans.

As I've said, I have some misgivings about Faust's draft idea, but if the 'parity' case were so compelling, we wouldn't have the league we have now with the draft.

Your idea is basically like saying that everyone that graduates college with honors in the real world should go work for Exxon, Google, Monsanto, Amazon and Apple. None of the smartest people in America should ever go and try to start their own business. They should all consolidate into the biggest corporations and make them even more powerful to create an even larger monopoly on the world.

This idea would completely ruin the NBA. You big market fucks that ESPN gets on their knees for every night would be happy because you would securely never have to worry about your team sucking. Just the location alone would guarantee the teams success for basically ever. Teams like Milwaukee, Cleveland (after Bron), Sacramento, Phoenix, OKC (after Westbrook) would essentially go out of business or get contracted because they would turn into nothing more than jobbers for the rest of the league. Many of the fans of those teams would just say fuck it and quit watching basketball all together because the league would be set up to give big market teams a clear advantage over the already free agency destination advantages that they already have.

What do you mean there's no compelling argument for the draft? It creates parity. It gives teams a chance to improve if mistakes were made. It dissuades monopolies from being formed. It gives teams that aren't in NY, LA or Miami a chance to land franchise players. Who gives a shit if Phoenix or whatever other shitty team tanks the last 20 games of the season to build for the future. It doesn't harm the league nearly as much as consolidating the NBA into 6 super teams that just battle each other until the end of time.
Agreed.

Gotta understand though that there are a lot of people in this world that don't understand the big picture of things.

People that are cool with the NFL keeping on their suspension of Zeke despite charges being dropped and the bitch lying purely because the NFL likes to be a tyrant and there are a lot of spiteful fans out there ok with it as long as it's not their player despite not knowing its bad for the league.

People ok with just letting the flood gates open letting in illegals not understanding that it dilutes our very own country letting in unskilled, poor people let a lone people with questionable backgrounds that could potentially increase the crime rate or chance for an act of terror.

As a fan of the Lakers who would benefit from this I'm with ya. Yeah the system now isn't perfect but the proposed idea before us would eventually destroy the league.

All of this reasoning is flawed [no offense]

You are emotional about this issue because you're a Queens fan, but don't worry buddeh, the Queens will have a certain degree of attractiveness. Absolute shit franchises with shit rosters will be of interest to rookies who want mo shats right out the gate. In your entire rant you failed to even mention this aspect which makes it very hard to take you seriously on any level

{<doc}

Do you realize what the concepts of rookie maximums and salary caps are? They alone make it impossible for teams to horde the top young prospects season after season.

The draft, meanwhile, is just a reward for failure. Same shit teams drafting busts year after year. The concept insults the intelligence of actual NBA experts

All of this reasoning is flawed [no offense]

You are emotional about this issue because you're a Queens fan, but don't worry buddeh, the Queens will have a certain degree of attractiveness. Absolute shit franchises with shit rosters will be of interest to rookies who want mo shats right out the gate. In your entire rant you failed to even mention this aspect which makes it very hard to take you seriously on any level

{<doc}

Do you realize what the concepts of rookie maximums and salary caps are? They alone make it impossible for teams to horde the top young prospects season after season.

The draft, meanwhile, is just a reward for failure. Same shit teams drafting busts year after year. The concept insults the intelligence of actual NBA experts

I gave you a pretty well thought out response (for sherdog) and this is all you could come up with? Shits weak faust. I expected more from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back