+++official mundials thread+++

Man, I was really hoping that Bruno would win.

But Gui didn't even place, so I still have happiness

The stream will be available to watch for the next week, right? I'm thinking of ordering it.

If that's the case, what are some of the brown/black belt matches I should check out.

Most, if not 95%+ of the elite BJJ players are geared.

They don't necessarily do it for size, but to facilitate greater intensity training and frequency.
Not many will turn that down to apply themselves more to the sport they are committed to.

I personally know white and blue belts who are on steroids, people who think that BBs are natural are out of their mind

Link plz?

I can't find it exactly anymore. Just other posts talking about it from like two years ago. Maybe it was edited for obvious reasons.

If anyone wants to believe that Gabi Garcia never took steroids, that's up to them I guess.

I can't find it exactly anymore. Just other posts talking about it from like two years ago. Maybe it was edited for obvious reasons.

If anyone wants to believe that Gabi Garcia never took steroids, that's up to them I guess.

Just look at pictures of her from 2 years ago when she claimed to have straightened out her diet and start strength training. Fast forward to present day where there is testing and she is back to her old body type. Are we to believe she said "fuck it" to eating clean and some added weight training, or the simple answer that her formula got foiled by drug testing?

Man it was my first time at worlds and it was quite an experience!! Congrats to all those who competed and to the champions of course

IMO giving "thumbs down" signs while surrounded by a sea of team mates is not even close to the same as just approaching someone and questioning them.Quite a few people have said some really disrespectful things about him online anonymously.You had/have the chance to actually approach him and ask whatever questions you have.I really don't think he would beat your ass for in a packed stadium over it.Its far more likely that he will give you his side to which you can either shake his hand or tell him you think its BS. But being across the stadium surrounded by team mates making gestures is weaksauce IMO.

What obligation do I have to question Lloyd in person? He's had his opportunity to tell his version of events. First, he did that under oath - that's how he got the "limp" nickname. Second, once he came under fire in the BJJ community, he wrote an open letter that purported to set the record straight. Does everyone who still thinks that he is a "rape expert" need to go have a personal audience with him to see if he can look at them with a magical twinkle in his eye that will make everything right?

Honestly, if I'd seen Lloyd outside the venue or in the hall, I might well have stopped and asked him, "How can you show your face here?" I'm not afraid of him attacking me. He could beat my ass, but I would revel in creating more legal problems for him. Honestly though, I don't think Lloyd would be dumb enough to do that. However, I wouldn't put it past the handful of 3%ers surrounding him.

What you seem to be missing though, is that this entire interaction was about 5 seconds of the roughly 20 hours that I spent at the Mundials. Perhaps to you, the most important part of being in the Pyramid would have been the fact that Lloyd Irvin was there. For me, it was watching my coaches and team mates compete for world titles and the opportunity to watch world-class jiu-jitsu in person.

When I saw Lloyd and DJ, I gave them one more little reminder of the fact that they weren't welcome in the BJJ community. Doing anything more than that would have required me to leave my team and use some parkour skills to hop through the rows of seats. The fact that I had better shit to do at the World Championships than play "Where's Limpy?" hardly makes me a coward.

Look at 100% Jiu Jitsu being a grown-up and thoughtful, respectful person about this. Way to go, dude.

I hope more people follow your example, rather than demanding grandiose gestures of meaninglessness or some sort of proof beyond proof that Lloyd has actually spent the last 20 years figuring out how to hustle money, assault people and get real good at dealing out violence and weirdly pathetic threats to people he doesn't like.

Town Biz give it a break, we all know your place is next to Lloyds throne in his basement.

I don't understand why the ref gave the win for leite

I'm drawing a blank on that match right now. Im going to have to rewatch it and see for myself because this has me curious.

Man it was my first time at worlds and it was quite an experience!! Congrats to all those who competed and to the champions of course

It was also my first time at the Worlds, and I had an incredible time on both Saturday and Sunday. If you love BJJ, you owe it to yourself to come see your athletic heroes in action. Seeing them on video can't adequately convey their speed and precision.

Plus, you will be surrounded by BJJ royalty. I can't count how many famous BJJ athletes I bumped in to, past and present.

777659584.gif
kramer-woah.gif

Back