**official mundials thread**

bjjaz

Got the Rock...Time to Roll
@Gold
Reaction score
Just thought I would start it since the Mundials start in about 15 minutes. Good luck to all the posters who are competing today and this weekend.

If anyone is there please start updating: Who you see, any interesting matches, common submissions etc...

I remember last year was a TON of triangles at the lower belts...this year??? Berimbolos maybe?

EDIT: Preview of the Brown/Black Belts:
2012 WORLD JIU-JITSU CHAMPIONSHIP | Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Blog

EDIT: Submission Control
IBJJF 2012 Mundials

Last edited:
I'm excited! I really wish I was there this year but an injury kept me out :( At least with the new streaming I can watch to my hearts content.

Yeah I was planning on giving some play-by-play on Sunday if people are interested like last year...

I'm excited! I really wish I was there this year but an injury kept me out :( At least with the new streaming I can watch to my hearts content.

I wish I at least had a good reason to not be there.... so....I'm already regretting not going.

Super excited! My boys are going to war!!!

I hate that I couldn't get off of work (even though I'm retiring late this year) to be there and support them or compete.

Bahh.

I have a buddy competing at Brown, super-heavy. He's going to smash!

The sat and sun matches (Browns and Blacks) starts at 9am Cali time right?

The sat and sun matches (Browns and Blacks) starts at 9am Cali time right?

Yes:

World Jiu-Jitsu Championship 2012
Schedule
Thursday - 31 May
9:00 AMBlue Adult Male - Rooster and Light FeatherWhite Adult Male - Rooster and Light Feather10:40 AMBlue Adult Male - FeatherWhite Adult Male - Feather12:10 PMBlue Adult Male - LightWhite Adult Male - Light1:50 PMBlue Adult Male - MiddleWhite Adult Male - Middle3:30 PMBlue Adult Male - Medium Heavy and Heavy5:00 PMBlue Adult Male - Super Heavy and Ultra HeavyWhite Adult Male - Medium Heavy to Ultra Heavy6:20 PMWhite Adult FemaleWhite Master7:10 PMWhite Senior 1
Blue Belt Male must register for Open Class on Thursday
No registration will be accepted on Friday

Friday - 1 Jun
9:00 AMPurple Adult Male - Rooster and Light FeatherBlue Adult Female - Light Feather and Feather10:30 AMPurple Adult Male - FeatherBlue Adult Female - Light and Middle12:00 PMPurple Adult Male - LightBlue Adult Female - Medium Heavy and HeavyPurple Adult Female - Light Feather and Feather2:00 PMPurple Adult Male - MiddlePurple Adult Female - Light to HeavyBlack Adult Male and Female - Open Class Registration3:30 PMPurple Adult Male - Medium Heavy and HeavyBlack Adult Male and Female - End of Open Class Registration4:45 PMPurple Adult Male - Super Heavy and Ultra HeavyBrown Adult Male - Rooster to Light7:00 PMBrown Adult Male - MiddleBlue Adult Female - Open ClassBlue Adult Male - Open Class
Blue Belt Female must register for Open Class before 4PM
NOTE: The athletes who register for the Black Belt open class division and get disqualification for non-showing are automatically disqualified to compete in their original weight division as well.
All Purple Belts Male and Female must register for Open Class on Friday
No registration will be accepted on Saturday

Saturday - 2 Jun
9:00 AMBrown Adult Male - Medium Heavy to Ultra Heavy10:45 AMBlack Adult Male - Open ClassBlack Adult Female - Open ClassBrown Adult Female12:15 PMWhite Juvenile 1 MaleWhite Juvenile 2 MaleWhite Juvenile 1 FemaleWhite Juvenile 2 Female12:40 PMBlue Juvenile 1 MaleBlue Juvenile 1 FemaleBlue Juvenile 2 FemalePurple Juvenile Male and Female1:20 PMBlue Juvenile 2 MaleBlack Adult Male - Rooster2:40 PMBlack Adult Male - Light Feather and FeatherBlack Adult Female - Light Feather and FeatherBrown Adult Male - Open Class4:15 PMBlack Adult Male - Light and Middle5:00 PMBrown Adult Female - Open Class6:15 PMBlue Juvenile 1 Male - Open ClassBlue Juvenile 2 Male - Open ClassBlue Juvenile 1 Female - Open ClassBlue Juvenile 2 Female - Open ClassPurple Juvenile Male and Female - Open Class6:30 PMBlack Adult Female - Light to HeavyBlack Adult Male - Medium Heavy and Heavy7:30 PMPurple Adult Male - Open ClassPurple Adult Female - Open Class8:00 PMBlack Adult Male - Super Heavy and Ultra Heavy
Brown Belt Male and Female must register for Open Class before 2PM
Juvenile Male and Female divisions must register for Open Class before 5PM
NOTE: The athletes who register for the Black Belt open class division and get disqualification for non-showing are automatically disqualified to compete in their original weight division as well.

Sunday - 3 Jun
10:00 AMBlack Belt Male - Adult - Rooster and Light Feather - Quarter Finals 10:40 AMBlack Belt Male - Adult - Feather and Light - Quarter Finals 11:30 AMBlack Belt Male - Adult - Rooster and Light Feather - Semi Finals
Black Belt Male - Adult - Feather and Light - Semi Finals 12:20 PMBlack Belt Male - Adult - Middle and Medium Heavy - Quarter Finals 1:00 PMBlack Belt Male - Adult - Heavy, Super Heavy and Ultra Heavy - Quarter Finals 2:10 PMBlack Belt Male - Adult - Middle, Medium Heavy, Heavy, Super Heavy and Ultra Heavy - Semi Finals 3:00 PMBlack Belt Female - All weight divisions - Finals4:40 PMBlack Belt Male Finals - All weight divisions and open class
Black Belt Female - Open class final

Damn didn't realise Marcelo Garcia, Ryan Hall and Roger Gracie is out. Langhi bros is unlisted??

Yeah I wonder what happened!

Hey anyone w/ any blue belt results at all! Someone has to be there, or gotten a text etc...

I'm at work has IBJJF updated anything on FB?

I dunno, I would think maybe they're not doing it for the first day, it's just white and blue belts today.

I'll let this be the official thread and just merge future threads into this one. Bjjaz, if you can, try and update the first post with things that are recurring, like if someone posts a link to their PBP or something like that.

I dunno, I would think maybe they're not doing it for the first day, it's just white and blue belts today.

I'll let this be the official thread and just merge future threads into this one. Bjjaz, if you can, try and update the first post with things that are recurring, like if someone posts a link to their PBP or something like that.

Yup yup, no problem.

Anyone on FB? Has Lloyd, Mendes Bros or Andre posted anything about their students/teammates?

Haven't seen anything on facebook BJJAZ, I'm watching it stream right now but there's SOOO many matches... I don't know who is who... I think the only blue belt I know is Edwin only because of this forum and I can't find him.

You are right though, LOTS of berimbolos, its kinda comical. Hahahahahaha.

Edit: Some nice deep half play too.

Haven't seen anything on facebook BJJAZ, I'm watching it stream right now but there's SOOO many matches... I don't know who is who... I think the only blue belt I know is Edwin only because of this forum and I can't find him.

You are right though, LOTS of berimbolos, its kinda comical. Hahahahahaha.

Edit: Some nice deep half play too.

ha thats funny, well let me know if you see Edwin from the forum, the only person he has lost to recently, Jordan Baddi, is in his division, who also won Abu Dhabi.

edwin will be on mat 7 soon. one of my teammates will be his second or third match i think.

its way too stressful watching teammates. Way worse than competing yourself! lol

ha thats funny, well let me know if you see Edwin from the forum, the only person he has lost to recently, Jordan Baddi, is in his division, who also won Abu Dhabi.

What weight class is that bracket? I'm on my work laptop and it won't allow me to install silverlight (wtf is that...) to see brackets. I think feather is on right now.

edit: Nevermind, thanks Anaconda!

btw, my teammate just beat jordan baddi :) edwin should be his next match.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back