Official MLB off-season thread ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take Forsythe since he can play all over and hit 20 hr with a 33 obp last year but not in same package for Dozier. Keep Deleon in this deal.

DeLeon going to Tampa in agreed to deal.

Probably could have kept De Leon in a deal for Forsythe. Think the dodgers could have dealt some other lesser prospects for him.

Forsythe is a sneaky good trade. Solid defense/bat. Jack of all trades kind of guy. But giving up DeLeon for him? Ouch.

Yewh, wouldn't have given up DeLeon there

Poor tampa bay. All they have is young pitching.

That being said Tampa GM should be walking away wearing a ski mask only stopping to do the Heisman pose.

Logan is a solid baseball player. I never thought the world of De Leon, but dodger fans loved him so lets hope he turns into a ace now.

>>Forsythe isn't bad vs LHP, but he has even splits. Doesn't give them a masher against lefties like many assumed they were looking for // need

Cubs signed Brett Anderson. Nice depth signing, I like it if he can stay healthy. He's no Tyson Ross (What a buffoon for picking to pitch in Arlington) but he's a decent alternative.

Was shocked to see forysthe finish 11th in 2015 and 25th in 2016 on espn fantasy player rater the past 2 years. Read on fangraphs how close they have Dozier and Forysthe. They should have got Boxberger also in the deal adding something else.

Cubs signed Brett Anderson. Nice depth signing, I like it if he can stay healthy. He's no Tyson Ross (What a buffoon for picking to pitch in Arlington) but he's a decent alternative.

50ish starts the last 5 years combined. Health is always a big if with him

50ish starts the last 5 years combined. Health is always a big if with him

He's not going to get a big work load, so hopefully that can keep him on the field when we need him. Montgomery should still be the 5th starter.

Anderson sneezes too hard and he will be on the DL. Seems like its always something with him.

Anderson sneezes too hard and he will be on the DL. Seems like its always something with him.
He passed his Physical today, so long as the regulars stay in good shape like they have he should only get 5-10 starts. Cubs are going to learn real fast they should have paid Dex though.

Someone explain to me why Kyle Tucker wasn't invited to ST.
I don't know but Keith Law had him around 50 on his top 100 list the other day.

What are your guess projections on Dansby Swanson this year?

I think he's going to be better than most people think.

.300-.310 with 15 HR imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back