OFFICIAL Meme Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read post #23. I'm pretty centered when it comes to politics and get my news from various places. I never watch Fox News and very rarely visit Breibart. I did vote for Trump, but I also voted for Obama twice, John Kerry, and Al Gore. Just because I don't find California that appealing anymore doesn't mean I'm a wing nut.

But you find California unappealing, without ever having traveled there. You are being influenced by something you're seeing on TV, which I would warn against because I don't think it's an accurate depiction at all (in my experience).

I went to Seattle recently too, which seemed more liberal than California, but it was just super friendly and prosperous. I can't imagine why somebody would decide not to go there because they heard they have liberal politics unless they have been warped by some negative news source that they have been too immersed in.

I have actually noticed lately that a lot of reality is being heavily distorted by the media (especially internet media), and people are buying into it way too much.

I've lived in California for like 12 years. I have never had a run in with a gang or gangster. I've never had an argument or an altercation with an SJW.

Sure I see protests here and there, and I've had a couple cars stolen. But generally all the negative stereotype of California have had no effect on my quality of life.
Traffic sucks but it's better than Seattle, weather is awesome, Cali is fine with me.

I'd rather live where I do. It's considered a "Micro City", and it is small, but it's really affordable and there are a lot of things to do. My house (3 Bedrooms 2 bathrooms) has a great view of Lake Superior from the back deck and it's valued at around $130,000. The crime rate is super low here too. A lot of people I know leave their keys in their car 24 7 and I've never known anybody that has got their car stolen.

The weather sucks though. there is only a few months of beach weather. I don't mind the winter though as I like to ski and snowmobile. A friend of mine actually surfs the Lake here in the winter, but fuck that! I'm not playing in the lake in below zero temperatures.

Here's a video of him surfing in November a couple of years ago. (he's the one with the beard) It was was probably around 20 or 30 degrees out, but I've seen footage of him out there on days when it was well below zero.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

fits perfectly

But you find California unappealing, without ever having traveled there. You are being influenced by something you're seeing on TV, which I would warn against because I don't think it's an accurate depiction at all (in my experience).

I went to Seattle recently too, which seemed more liberal than California, but it was just super friendly and prosperous. I can't imagine why somebody would decide not to go there because they heard they have liberal politics unless they have been warped by some negative news source that they have been too immersed in.

I have actually noticed lately that a lot of reality is being heavily distorted by the media (especially internet media), and people are buying into it way too much.

I get what you are saying and you have a great point about the media. I don't think that I'd be attacked by SJW warriors if I went there or anything. I just don't think of California as the end all be all of awesome places like I used to. There are several different reasons and part of it is just me getting older. I can admit the media has had some influence over me though.

Just stay away from UC Berkeley and you'll be okay

I'd rather live where I do. It's considered a "Micro City", and it is small, but it's really affordable and there are a lot of things to do. My house (3 Bedrooms 2 bathrooms) has a great view of Lake Superior from the back deck and it's valued at around $130,000. The crime rate is super low here too. A lot of people I know leave their keys in their car 24 7 and I've never known anybody that has got their car stolen.

The weather sucks though. there is only a few months of beach weather. I don't mind the winter though as I like to ski and snowmobile. A friend of mine actually surfs the Lake here in the winter, but fuck that! I'm not playing in the lake in below zero temperatures.

Here's a video of him surfing in November a couple of years ago. (he's the one with the beard) It was was probably around 20 or 30 degrees out, but I've seen footage of him out there on days when it was well below zero.

Yeah, I'm not saying one is better than the other. I'm just saying the negatives are being overstated.
I've live all over, Buffalo(only two years old, but kinda counts), Virginia Beach, South Carolina, Seattle area, Eastern Washington, and Central California.

northern cal is nice but no idea really about their political stance, seems to sway a bit concerning the topic. Bay area is the left area, stay outta that i guess. central valley and central coast are right as hell, southern cal is the left area again.

Yes. Most that are too poor to afford a house move to Texas.
Given housing costs in California, that is a large segment of the population. The income inequality in Cali some of the highest in the country.

Not particularly, though I'd put the odds that there's a higher power at 50/50 considering there's a marginal likelihood that we're living in a simulation.

I mean, at this point I almost have to believe I'm be in a simulation. It's flatly absurd to me how there's this many ostriches and sociopaths advocating for collectivism despite it being the single greatest killer of mankind.

Ok, yes that's about where I thought you were at.

I get what you are saying and you have a great point about the media. I don't think that I'd be attacked by SJW warriors if I went there or anything. I just don't think of California as the end all be all of awesome places like I used to. There are several different reasons and part of it is just me getting older. I can admit the media has had some influence over me though.

Yea everyone is influenced to some degree I'm sure. I also went to Texas this year and thought it was great. It really was not how it's often depicted at all, at least not where I was (Houston and San Antonio).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back