*Official Mayweather-Pacquiao Discussion*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

The Debate.

Okay so we have a negotiation table right. And these are the main things they talk about..

The Money.

Floyd Mayweather has 1) been a star longer and 2) sold better with similar opponents than Pacquiao did (these are facts not opinion)

Mayweather wanted 60/40. But he was willing to leave his ego to the side and settle for 50/50. Who got what they wanted more?

Survey says; Pacquiao.

The Gloves

Mayweather has a history of fractured hands. He wanted to box with the 10 oz gloves. Manny Pacquiao wants the 8 oz gloves. We can agree on a few things. 8 oz gloves favor the puncher. Manny Pacquiao is the Puncher. This plays more into Pacquiao's favor than Mayweather. So who got the advantage and what they wanted in this?

Survey Says: Pacquiao

The weight.

reports have it that Mayweather would have loved to fight at 154. Obviously would be an advantage to him (maybe) considering he's the "bigger man". (despite both men being 106 pound boxers when they were teenagers) Pacquiao's people talked big about a fight with Foreman at 154. But given that's too much for Pacquiao thats wfine. mayweather said he'd fight him at 147. (Atleast its not a made up division that pacquiao won a WW title in).

Survey says: Pacquiao kept the fight at 147 where he wanted it.

The Ring Size. Pacquiao got what he wanted. Yu can make an argument that Mayweather wanted the same ring size but its still something Pacquiao was going to want or he wouldnt do the fight. (havent yoou noticed everything has to go Pacquiao's way for him to fight you?)

De La Hoya vs. pacquiao (He got the glove gloves, ring size, weight down from 150 to 147)

Hatton vs. Pacquiao (the fight was almost called off several times due to disagreement on $$ split.

Cotto vs. Pacquiao (Wouldnt fight Cotto at 147 despite already fighitng there once against Oscar. had to do a stupid catchweight of 145)

Who's really been getting what they want? Who's really threatning to get their ball and go home?

Survey Says: Pacquiao.

All Pacquiao's terms (To be fair, some which Mayweather is also okay with like 147 and Ring size) were met. All of them. All he had to do was have a sample of blood taken from him. A damn sample of blood. THATS IT.

HGH can be flushed out of your system with in 3 days. the argument that "why shoudl Pacquiao subjec thim self to mayweather's rules" is ridiculous. because he's agreeing to the test- He just wants "mayweather's" test to be under "Pacquiao's" conditions. he doesnt want the test to be random. There are people's in Pacquiao's camp banned from the Olympics. Pacquiao's conditioning coach actually said "Pacquiao doesnt even know what I give him> I make these special blends for him". Belnds of what? I thought he just ate Rice (Freddy Roach).

Shane Mosley is guilty of taking steroids. He wasnt caught with the piss test. That test is a joke.

Freddy Roach has no credibility because he did- by the way- train james Toney when he tested positive. So how would he know if Pacquiao is taking anything?

Why would teddy Atlas put his reputation on the line and talk about the fishy ass e-mail sent? "if our guy tests positive can we keep it a secret for hte benefit of Boxing".

And the "its never been done before" crap is retarded.

Tyson asked Holyfield to take a steroids test before their second fight (look it up). Holyfield said "bring it" because he had nothing to hide. Holyfield too is a spiritual and humble man- and he didnt act like a - you know- and avoid the test.

And to make matters worse. They wanted a 30 day cut off date. the ONLY reason they were okay with 24 says is because there was a 24/7 tape were Pacquiao is smiling and having blood taken out of him like there is no problem 24 days before the hatton fight. (His training wasnt disrupted and he looked just fine for the Hatton fight).

Mayweather backed off the 48 days. they offered to 14 days. And Still they said no

First they said he's scared of needles (yet he has tattoos and he had blood taken from him like nothing before the Hatton fight)

Then they mentioned he's superstitious (People questioned whether he'd walk away from 20-40 million dollars for a supersition)

Then all of all sudden its infact not a superstition. It's actually a fact that it makes him weak. (So it also turns out thats the only reason he lost to Morales- It wasnt the glove thing anymore?)

The "proof" that it makes him weak? that he lost to Morales and obviously looked weak in that fight. And to prove it further he proved it in the rematch. So- apperantly the fact that Morales was coming off a humiliating loss where he was dominated and couldnt even make 130 pounds for that fight and Roach putting a huge $$$penalty$$$ on Morales to make 130 ( Where Morales looked like he was just released from a concentration camp) had absolutely nothing to do with it?

I smell a fish and im not even close to an Ocean.

I really hope Paq's lawsuit goes through.

Yeah, what an excellent precedent that would be for boxing.:icon_neut

the alternative is legitimizing slander and libel.

pac could be on every drug on the planet, if you don't have proof when you call him out on it, it's a crime. period.

pac could be on every drug on the planet, if you don't have proof when you call him out on it, it's a crime. period.

Agreed:
Defamation, Libel and Slander Law

Generally speaking, defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Slander involves the making of defamatory statements by a transitory (non-fixed) representation, usually an oral (spoken) representation. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.

False? Check as least as far as anyone knows.
Suffer harm? Check his reputation has suffered and with it his earning potential
Defamatory statements? Check both oral and in press releases.

It is easy to forget that there is a line between trash talk and breaking the law. Manny and his camp feel that PBF and GB crossed it. I can definately see their point.

Agreed:
Defamation, Libel and Slander Law

False? Check as least as far as anyone knows.
Suffer harm? Check his reputation has suffered and with it his earning potential
Defamatory statements? Check both oral and in press releases.

It is easy to forget that there is a line between trash talk and breaking the law. Manny and his camp feel that PBF and GB crossed it. I can definately see their point.

Why can't Mayweather Sr. and Jr. say they "think" someone's on steroids? It's not like they're saying they heard something from his camp. They are not claiming to have proof that isn't there. It's all opinion. They're both boxers, and have probably been around hundreds of other boxers. I'm sure they both know fighters who have done steroids, and who have experimented with weight gain. If it's their professional opinion that it's extremely rare for a fighter to carry that much power across so many weight classes without roids (which most can agree it would be), I don't see how that puts Pacquiao in a position to sue anybody.

Pacquiao has done more to hurt his own reputation than anybody. He got everything he wanted in negotiations, but walked off the table when Mayweather asked for a drug test that actually meant something (not some useless Nevada Commission test). If he would have taken the test and beat Mayweather, it would have cemented his status as a all time p4p best. Now people are having doubts, and rightfully so judging by the excuses he and his people have released.

Should Mayweather sue Arum for telling the press Floyd doesn't want to fight, even after Floyd agreed to just about every other demand that came out of Pacquiao's camp?

(1)It's not a crime.
(2) If Pacquaio agreed to tests and came up negative, he would be de-legitimizing slander and libel. In fact he would be doing it much more effectively then through a lawsuit.

I think both sides were posturing and it got way out of control. It didn't help that there was a deadline for negotiations due to pacquiao wanting to run for office.

Why can't Mayweather Sr. and Jr. say they "think" someone's on steroids? It's not like they're saying they heard something from his camp. They are not claiming to have proof that isn't there. It's all opinion. They're both boxers, and have probably been around hundreds of other boxers. I'm sure they both know fighters who have done steroids, and who have experimented with weight gain. If it's their professional opinion that it's extremely rare for a fighter to carry that much power across so many weight classes without roids (which most can agree it would be), I don't see how that puts Pacquiao in a position to sue anybody.

Pacquiao has done more to hurt his own reputation than anybody. He got everything he wanted in negotiations, but walked off the table when Mayweather asked for a drug test that actually meant something (not some useless Nevada Commission test). If he would have taken the test and beat Mayweather, it would have cemented his status as a all time p4p best. Now people are having doubts, and rightfully so judging by the excuses he and his people have released.

Should Mayweather sue Arum for telling the press Floyd doesn't want to fight, even after Floyd agreed to just about every other demand that came out of Pacquiao's camp?

opinions? constantly telling the whole media that the guy is on roids is not a opinon. Its accusations.

I saw this video with Roach talking about PAc and said he wants Pac to fight 2 more fight and be done has anybody else heard about Pac retiring soon, he says he wants Pac last 2 fights to Cotto and Mayweather and done. Since Pac is fighting Clottey in March is that his last fight.

Here is the video

opinions? constantly telling the whole media that the guy is on roids is not a opinon. Its accusations.

Yeah, but the public is not mistaking his accusations for fact. Everybody knows Mayweather's statements are meant to be taken as his opinion. You never hear the Mayweathers say something like, "Yeah, someone from my camp SAW him inject that stuff". No, it's fair criticism for someone jumping up weight classes like that and still knocking guys out. After what happened with Mosley, it should be. And especially now that it's becoming widely known how useless the athletic commission's drug tests are. No athlete should be above speculation.

I for one never doubted Pacquiao... UNTIL he refused the tests. Why refuse with such a big fight on the line? You know he didn't do it for pride... have you seen the trailer to his movie lol?

whats gotta to do with the movie?:rolleyes:

If he can put his pride aside to make that aweful movie, he can put his pride aside to give a few drops of blood to make the fight happen.

I was half kidding about the movie anyway...

Let's get this straight...he agreed to the tests...on conditions. Its all about negotiations.

The fact some of you think he's on PEDs still amazes me.

Pac is one of the hardest, if not the hardest workers in boxing. He's gotten where he is because of hard fuckin work.

Howbout this... I think your gay because you hang out with tons of guys. So before I fight you I want your ass to take an aids test...just because I think your a gay and you have aids. Would you succumb?

Now the impact all over the place is people think your a ***!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back