Spoilers Official Lords of the Fallen 2023 Disc [PS/PC/Xbox]

Awesome everything with (admittedly super fun) playthrough randomisers but I wish this stuff came out closer to launch, TBH. After grinding (super not fun) launch-state NG cycles for the Platinum, I would only return for an expansion proper and I heard work on the sequel has already begun for HexWorks with a tentative launch date of 2026.

Updates like this make me want never to buy new games but wait rather, which I'm sure isn't their intended effect but now I'll never get to play any of above because the game's been out for 7 bleeding months! Derp. Release this stuff around launch, FFS.

Awesome everything with (admittedly super fun) playthrough randomisers but I wish this stuff came out closer to launch, TBH. After grinding (super not fun) launch-state NG cycles for the Platinum, I would only return for an expansion proper and I heard work on the sequel has already begun for HexWorks with a tentative launch date of 2026.

Updates like this make me want never to buy new games but wait rather, which I'm sure isn't their intended effect but now I'll never get to play any of above because the game's been out for 7 bleeding months! Derp. Release this stuff around launch, FFS.
Not saying I disagree but there’s reasons devs do this. One is to keep people talking about the game and increase sales. If a game doesn’t receive updates it doesn’t stay in the news cycle anymore. Second, they have no idea how the game is going to sell so sometimes plans like that are kind of wait and see depending on how much money they get back. There’s definitely some scummy devs out there but maybe I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt since they seem sincere. I haven’t played this yet. It’s the one game from 2023 that I never got around to so this is good news for me

Not saying I disagree but there’s reasons devs do this. One is to keep people talking about the game and increase sales. If a game doesn’t receive updates it doesn’t stay in the news cycle anymore. Second, they have no idea how the game is going to sell so sometimes plans like that are kind of wait and see depending on how much money they get back. There’s definitely some scummy devs out there but maybe I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt since they seem sincere. I haven’t played this yet. It’s the one game from 2023 that I never got around to so this is good news for me
The game was my 2023 GOTY. It’s fantastic and I can’t recommend it enough – especially after the lock-on tracking was fixed.

And I agree but to add, what I mean to say in other words is if you’re going to have a bigger update at the end of Y1 to keep a game at fore of both player mind and news cycle, it should be expansive content to the benefit of all and not tweaks, QoL stuffs like this because that hurts your early-bird Y1 players, benefiting only later onboarders.

The game was my 2023 GOTY. It’s fantastic and I can’t recommend it enough – especially after the lock-on tracking was fixed.

And I agree but to add, what I mean to say in other words is if you’re going to have a bigger update at the end of Y1 to keep a game at fore of both player mind and news cycle, it should be expansive content to the benefit of all and not tweaks, QoL stuffs like this because that hurts your early-bird Y1 players, benefiting only later onboarders.
I think grinding the plat probably completely killed any urge for you to play the game ever again outside of an expansion lol

Back