Official Kazushi Sakuraba Youtube channel, Please support the GOAT!

The inaugural PRIDE World Middleweight title fight

silva-saku.jpg

sub for sub saku! j/k i'd sub 100 times if i could. I created a t-shirt series partly because of this man...

Very interesting info in this Q&A with Black Belt Magazine.

css4l.jpg

Saku says he took 2nd place in Nationals in High School wrestling and he then wrestled for 4 and a half years in college, winning the freshman league. Says he was proud to have beaten Kat Ota, a 1996 Olympic Bronze Medalist.

TNUMWOY.jpg

Two legends who could have dominated their true weight classes but chose to seek greater challenges.

Very interesting info in this Q&A with Black Belt Magazine.

css4l.jpg

Saku says he took 2nd place in Nationals in High School wrestling and he then wrestled for 4 and a half years in college, winning the freshman league. Says he was proud to have beaten Kat Ota, a 1996 Olympic Bronze Medalist.
2 bad, the rest is missing...

SAKU GOAT:

"My toughest fight: Allan Goes. I lost".

"I didnt wanna fight Royler, he was much lighter"

GOAT Hespect.

"What Are Them Rules Today, Hoyce? Ol´School or Nu Breed?"

Sakuraba-Royce-e1442528032935.png

"Still has his Gi on?..."

View attachment 407353
I guess 90 minutes of fun was enough to convince him to go no gi in the rematch (Where he also showed up as "Hoids Gracie" that night)

44924.jpg

Royce also wore a gi in the first fight with Yoshida and then went no gi in the rematch.

judo-1.jpg

Royce-Gracie-vs-Yoshida.jpg

He definitely did better in the rematches but both have asterisks next to them for the failed drug test vs Sak and the low blows vs Yoshida.

But...

<StillMyBoy>

I guess 90 minutes of fun was enough to convince him to go no gi in the rematch (Where he also showed up as "Hoids Gracie" that night)

44924.jpg

Royce also wore a gi in the first fight with Yoshida and then went no gi in the rematch.

judo-1.jpg

Royce-Gracie-vs-Yoshida.jpg

He definitely did better in the rematches but both have asterisks next to them for the failed drug test vs Sak and the low blows vs Yoshida.

But...

<StillMyBoy>
No Gi?

b game all time.gif

Don on SAKU GOAT:

“You get these guys, they bitch about somebody being one pound overweight,” Frye said. “Sakuraba and I, we both fought guys who were twice our body weight. And more than that, too. You’re talking real athletes, too."

“You’re not talking just some big fat guy who just got off the couch. That’s an idiotic statement, when anybody says that. You’re talking real freaking athletes who are fighting.”

“Saku put books in his pants to be able to weigh in for the UFC fight over there in Japan.”

Yesterday's "quintet 2" was the most entertaining grappling competition I have seen!

Back