Official Judo Thread

Yeah, okay. I'll take Bailey and Christina over these Russians.

97.1% of people who have an opinion about it, buddy.

How much college-level coursework have you taken regarding climate science, energy policy, or sustainability?

What does this matter? My statement is about who is paying for these climate reports. People wanting to push regulations? Oil companies? You understand there is big money at stake here???
Do you believe everything you read because a "scientist" said so???

LOL, "Never take your eyes off your opponent, even when you bow" - Bruce Lee

When the majority of people actively researching something come to a general consensus, we call that fact.

You should educate yourself on the academic process. Or better yet, find somewhere else to troll.

Only if the North Koreans come up short in their offer...

Aren't they always coming up...short?

giphy.gif

97.1% of people who have an opinion about it, buddy.

How much college-level coursework have you taken regarding climate science, energy policy, or sustainability?

When the majority of people actively researching something come to a general consensus, we call that fact.

You should educate yourself on the academic process. Or better yet, find somewhere else to troll.

Aren't they always coming up...short?

giphy.gif

O6FQWG8_zpsxrqzsonj.gif

Thanks for reminding me why I like you.

So apparently Gorbag got himself futureendeavored, how did that happen?

Last edited:
wait what? man he was quality.

maybe he'll see Einarr in Valhalla

giphy.gif

Speaking of laymen thinking they knew better than professionals, I wonder if my BJJ coach is right to tell me to focus on pulling guard and doing drills rather than practicing throws and lifting weights to win BJJ tournaments.

His reasoning seems to be that since I'm not very athletic and I'm fighting guys that are and also bigger than me , I should focus on a strategy that negates that advantage. Currently my guard isn't very good so that part makes sense.

He is an active competitor himself and often wins against bigger people so he knows what he is talking about.

However, it feels like If my opponents are winning due to an athleticism and strength advantaged I should try to catch up in that area.

Last edited:
Speaking of laymen thinking they knew better than professionals, I wonder if my BJJ coach is right to tell me to focus on pulling guard and doing drills rather than practicing throws and lifting weights to win BJJ tournaments.

His reasoning seems to be that since I'm not very athletic and I'm fighting guys that are and also bigger than me , I should focus on a strategy that negates that advantage. Currently my guard isn't very good so that part makes sense.

He is an active competitor himself and often wins against bigger people so he knows what he is talking about.

However, it feels like If my opponents are winning due to an athleticism and strength advantaged I should try to catch up in that area.

Rolls Gracie was the og perennial winner in absolute weight classes, at like 150 pounds soaking wet, and he did it by out maneuvering guys on the feet and getting on top of them.

I never understood that for smaller people. Unless your guard is amazing you're conceding the dominant position and essentially diggin yourself out of a hole

I agree with RJ. I think it's important for the smaller guy to know how to fight from bottom, sure, but going out of your way to create that situation doesn't make sense.

Work on some foot sweeps, trip the big 'uns and start on top.

I have my doubts too, but what's the point of training at my gym if im not gonna listen to my coach? I kind of feel silly because despite him telling me to pull guard ive never done it and I mostly lose.

At this point I feel like I might as well try it. If I lose I won't fell like I did something wrong.

Fuck this climate talk, lads. Keep the focus on Judo and Judo accessories.

Regardez

Uchikomi: Pointless exercise, valuable training, or funktastic grooveywaza?

Uchikomi: Pointless exercise, valuable training, or funktastic grooveywaza?
Great tool if used correctly. If used wrong can create bad habits.

One guy described his uchikomi experience: He was such a hardworking student that on a tournament he made a great entry into the throw ... and then followed with a great exit from it like he did in uchikomi.

To make uchikomi a great tool throwing should always be in mind. Every time when you enter into position you *know* that you can throw, or you adjust it on the next repetition. To make it easier every set of uchikomi ends with a throw and if you had to adjust for the throw you adjust your uchikomi as well. I also try to pick a detail of the throw that I am working on. Our coaches are also watching and adjusting the moves.

I do shadow and rubber band uchikomi every day at work and I see how my technique and timing is improving. On the other hand when I see kids doing uchikomi at dojo I doubt they gain anything from it.

Back