Official Judo Thread

so is a yuko a wazari now or are only wazaris scored? im confused.

the leg grab penalty is killing the natural grappling of the sport. scrambles and standing guard passes should be part of the game, not a damn penalty.

and you can STILL fuckin turtle without it called stalling? bullshit.

glad we've corrected mistakes but theres still work to do.
They wanna make it look a litle bit different so I am happy with no kumikata reestrictions , I´ll be able tu use some Sambo belt throws I learnt last February ---

Wait, leg grabs aren't actually back are they? I thought they just weren't being penalized as harshly?

it's just a shido for first touchy, not an auto-hansokumake. even if it's used as a counter throw that would score, i think you'd stop the action, stand them up, award the shido, and make 'em play.

which is fuckin stupid, but i guess better than nothing

are guillotines judo-legal now? have arm-in guillotines been legal?
No neck cranks allowed in judo. You can do a Hadaka Jime from the position but no stretching or twisting the neck.

So, the answer is, it depends...

OH THANKS I HAD NO IDEA
10400765_10102165432802270_3048832107961067457_n.jpg

GOSH IT'S ALMOST LIKE I WAS ASKING IN CONTEXT OF THE RECENT REVISIONS

Hopefully there'll be some new blood at the top, and they'll come back. At least the gripping rules are getting better. We've been complaining about the lack of leg grabs for years on this forum, and it doesn't make anything better, it just makes us bitter and eager to Te Guruma Vizier.

My friend went to Tokyo this fall and was watching training at the Kodokan. He asked a few of our Japanese friends why they were holding grips for longer than 5 seconds and using leg grab counters, they replied "We don't play IJF Judo, we fight Japanese Judo."

Japanese Judo national team continues cross training experience.
Ono + wrestling + BJJ newaza = Ultimate Grappler

I got inspired by that video and drilled Kata garuma yesterday. However, it feels like a throw I need to set up in the gi with another throw or something. Also I feel kind of vulnerable to an armlock or reversal once I get my opponent down. You guys have any insight into this?

I got inspired by that video and drilled Kata garuma yesterday. However, it feels like a throw I need to set up in the gi with another throw or something. Also I feel kind of vulnerable to an armlock or reversal once I get my opponent down. You guys have any insight into this?
Kataguruma is all about the pulling hand's grip and timing.
I prefer executing from kenka yotsu.
There are several sequences I use, depending if I over or under grip, but in general, you have to make your oponent step forward with the rear leg, then shoot in for the front leg.
You could blast a shot, or drop to both knees (and pull his weight on bith your shoulders) or you could combine it with yoko otoshi for a patented Bulgarian kataguruma, called palachinka (crape)

not dynamic or exciting enough sir. only turny forward throws please.

Back