Status
Not open for further replies.

Zankou

Bringing peace and love
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Sacre` Bleu!

On n'a pas tout simplement faire d'autres choses que le judo!

You human ***** sicken me!

EDIT: *****.

EDIT2: C-ocks.

Every time you hit an ouchi with a leg grab training MMA Jacques Rogge make Teddy Riner kill a kitten. Remember that.

It's up to the British and Americans to save them once again.

It's up to the British and Americans to save them once again.

You can save the French from the Germans as many times as you like, but you can never save them from themselves.

Omelette du fromage? Omelette du fromage!

Omelette du fromage? Omelette du fromage!

Jesus, Rj... you just sent me spinning into a wormhole back to my wasted youth...

On the subject of Judo (and the French, tangentially), I have a message for any lurking new-dokas who may soon be heading to their first tournament;

Ignore everything, EVERYTHING, the ref yells at you with the exception of 'Hajime' and 'Mate'. Hell, ignore 'Mate' until the ref or your opponent starts tapping you.

I went north of the Wall into Quebecistan for a tournament this past weekend, and I lost track of the amount of times I saw a couple of yellow, orange or green belts stop in the middle of a match to stare at the suited man who had just yelled something incomprehensible in French-Accented Japanese. Without fail, the first competitor who realized 'Oh, that must have been a Yuko or something' turned the match around for the win while his opponent was still gaping.

Jesus, Rj... you just sent me spinning into a wormhole back to my wasted youth...

On the subject of Judo (and the French, tangentially), I have a message for any lurking new-dokas who may soon be heading to their first tournament;

Ignore everything, EVERYTHING, the ref yells at you with the exception of 'Hajime' and 'Mate'. Hell, ignore 'Mate' until the ref or your opponent starts tapping you.

I went north of the Wall into Quebecistan for a tournament this past weekend, and I lost track of the amount of times I saw a couple of yellow, orange or green belts stop in the middle of a match to stare at the suited man who had just yelled something incomprehensible in French-Accented Japanese. Without fail, the first competitor who realized 'Oh, that must have been a Yuko or something' turned the match around for the win while his opponent was still gaping.

I've been guilty of this. I was securing a kimura and the ref yelled and I thought I had to let go. Then we got stood up and I lost. First tournament confusion, yo.

You can save the French from the Germans as many times as you like, but you can never save them from themselves.

If 30 Sherdoggers invade, they should surrender and give us what we want right?

Hypothetically speaking, if Teddy Riner gets Uchi mata'd into Ippon, does France ban Uchi Mata?

You can learn a lot of judo from video games.

giphy.gif

I've been guilty of this. I was securing a kimura and the ref yelled and I thought I had to let go. Then we got stood up and I lost. First tournament confusion, yo.

Done it too. In France, coincidentally enough.

Hypothetically speaking, if Teddy Riner gets Uchi mata'd into Ippon, does France ban Uchi Mata?

Nah, that's a technique Riner uses. If he get's seoi nage'd however, then that's getting banned.

Nah, that's a technique Riner uses. If he get's seoi nage'd however, then that's getting banned.

But you still have to know it for kata!

"We have decides that these techniques approved by the Father of Judo are in fact against the spirit of Judo...in competition...practice your kata you kyu scum and give us your Shodan money!"

On the subject of Judo (and the French, tangentially), I have a message for any lurking new-dokas who may soon be heading to their first tournament.

Mon dieu, I pronounced new-dokas as nude-okas! :icon_chee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back