OFFICIAL JOSE ALDO STEPS IN FOR FRANKIE EDGAR AT UFC 218

Just put my tickets up for sale. Aldo is the only person I didn’t want to see in that spot.

The guy is only 31 (not even 2 years older than Conor mcGregor) and you are talking about him like if he is 38 years old. That is how long the man has been relevant at the highest level of the sport. LOL
<{Joewithit}>

He's practically Shogun-esque in his veterancy.

Hopefully Aldo will get the belt back

Hehe. you guys remember how Aldo did not want to step up against Conor short notice after he lost his belt the first time?.
Yes but apparently you don't remember what happened: Conor rematch was at a higher weight class, no belt on the line and only a couple of weeks after aldo's medical suspension was up. How did you remember it?

Damn Aldo must want to get out of his ufc contract ASAP.
I remember reading he was going to take a string of fight as fast as possible to complete his contract.
Look like that’s true.

I was thinking the same thing. Aldo mentioned that some months ago- that he wants to fight out of his contract, and pursue other ventures (including Boxing and even Soccer). Does anyone have any idea how many fights he has left under his contract?

He better at least try throwing legs kicks.

This is a perfect situation for Aldo. He is not going to be able to over train, overthink, and he has nothing to lose. He should go in for the kill, like a starving wild animal.

Can Aldo please throw freakin leg kicks this time!? From my couch that seems the way to slowing down and stopping Holloway

Good news, better than Swanson or Lamas replacing Edgar. Aldo would put up a better fight than either of them in my opinion.

Still going with Holloway again, he is too young and fast for Aldo and Aldo has noticeably slowed down the last 2 years. Holloway by TKO in later rounds
Cub would smash Aldo at this point.

If I am seeing it right Jose Aldo is coming off a
loss to Max Holloway in Brazil back in the month
of June so it is a rematch that makes that makes
very little since at this point.

For someone like Holloway, maybe it's just as well. I imagine he does have the need to demonstrate that the first win wasn't just the stars aligning for him. Best case scenario for him would be if Aldo goes in understanding he has nothing to lose, actually uses leg kicks and the fight plans that made him so dominant as FW champ and Holloway overcomes him twice. That would help remove any doubt that Cub Swanson, as an example, would have much of anything for him.

Love Aldo, but not a fan of this fight.
I don't like new champs immediately rematching against guys they just beat. Their legacy shouldn't be defined by a former champ, and if Aldo wins then you have to do the trilogy.
Id much rather let Cub or Lamas step in instead

You guys saying Cub or Lamas are completely fucking insane. I mean what the hell... do you even believe the nonsense you are typing?

Those gatekeepers geting a shot at Max 'because streak' over Aldo, the division's greatest champion AND someone who dominated said gatekeepers and unlike them, gave Max a proper fight?

if aldo wins, max deserves a rematch

I hope Max shows no mercy this time. Finish him.

Back