Official JMMA Discussion Thread Vol. 3 ~VEE-TEE-JAY~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shizuka Sugiyama vs Mina Sakurai set for the Shoot Boxing Girl's S-Cup event next week. Shizuka fought and won under Shoot Boxing rules in the 2009 Girl's S-Cup event. Mina fought in the 2011 Girl's S-Cup, beating V.V Mei in the quarterfinals and losing to Hamderlei in the semis.

Ayaka Miura vs Yoko Odawaki and Gabi Garcia vs Megumi Yabushita announced for the S-Cup event. Miura is one of the females that Pancrase has started to push, she trains under Chonan. Yabushita is a WMMA OG but her giant slaying days are far behind her, I don't see that fight being pretty.

Emi Tomimatsu vs Sarami II and Momoko Yamazaki vs 14 year old Rion announced for DEEP JEWELS 17. Emi and Sarami's first fight was very close and Sarami has improved quite a bit since then, should be a solid fight. Momoko is trying to not lose to someone nearly half her age again, still amateur rules.

Last edited:
Yabushita must be hard up for money.

Yuki Yamamoto was arrested for kicking an acquaintance and knocking him out, sounds like alcohol was involved. He has been pulled from his fight against Yoichi Fukumoto next month and Shooto has canceled his license. Seems like the news stories are getting a decent amount of attention, probably partially because he is being tied to Inoki and IGF rather than the other promotions he has been fighting for more recently.

Yuki Yamamoto was arrested for kicking an acquaintance and knocking him out, sounds like alcohol was involved. He has been pulled from his fight against Yoichi Fukumoto next month and Shooto has canceled his license. Seems like the news stories are getting a decent amount of attention, probably partially because he is being tied to Inoki and IGF rather than the other promotions he has been fighting for more recently.
He's a former gangster as well, isn't he? That probably has helped fuel the press stories.

Yeah, I don't remember what his story was but he came up through GRACHAN and OUTSIDER which are known for the amount of gangsters they deal with

He was reppin zst in the outsider shows he even had a zst vs outsider fight in zst it's a sick fight I think it's still on youtube guess he was about that life though

Rin's exclusive contract with Pancrase has expired as of today. Not sure where she will end up. RIZIN seems the most likely place but who knows with her.

According to reports, the guy that Yuki Yamamoto knocked out has passed away due to brain hemorrhaging. Shooto issued an official apology during a press conference. I would suspect this story gains even more traction now.

According to reports, the guy that Yuki Yamamoto knocked out has passed away due to brain hemorrhaging. Shooto issued an official apology during a press conference. I would suspect this story gains even more traction now.
wow, that's terrible.

Pancrase 288 results

Abe called to be on the upcoming UFC Japan card after his win. Pancrase also announced a 5 fight Pancrase vs DEEP series for Pancrase 289.
Ryuta Sakurai vs TBA
Kenta Takizawa vs Toshiaki Kitada
Yuki Yasunaga vs Yuya Shibata
Yusuke Ogikubo vs Tomohiro Adaniya
Kyosuke Yokoyama vs Juri Ohara

Some clips and stuff

Yoshinori Horie

Yuki Niimura

Kanako Murata

Kondo, Minowa, Sanae Kikuta, Takafumi Ito, Satoru Kitaoka, and Rocky Kawamura all together after the Kondo vs Minowa fight

Daichi Abe

He was reppin zst in the outsider shows he even had a zst vs outsider fight in zst it's a sick fight I think it's still on youtube guess he was about that life though
Outsider released a statement distancing themselves from yuki Yamamoto saying that he was representing another org when he fougth for them and if ppl keep claiming he is an 'outsider' they will take legal action

What's up with Rizin BW tourney?

Meanwhile only 3 matchups.
Where are other 5? Or 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back