Official JMMA Discussion Thread Vol. 3 ~VEE-TEE-JAY~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uno got wreckt kotani did handle some shooto jobber doe
ZST 56 card
I think that's it for the main card, might be some more SWAT! bouts to be announced.

Kind of a strange matchup in the main event. Shinichi Hira is riding a 4 fight win streak and is 8-1-4 since losing to Kotani in the Lighweight championship tournament back in 2012. Max the Body is out of Miyata's BRAVE GYM and is making his ZST debut, only 1-0. Maybe he's expected to be a big deal, idk.

Co-main has long time BW contender Takao Ueda looking to even out his Flyweight record against BRAVE prospect, Mikio Saomoto, who is coming off of the biggest win of his career over Tiger Ishii.

Other stuff on the card:
Sho Kogane is fighting in yet another promotion. In 13 fights he has fought for 5 different promotions (DEEP, Pancrase, ROAD, PXC, and REAL FC. He has at least 1 win in each as well), this will be his 6th promotion.

Former interim Flyweight champ Kaito Sakamaki seems to be back on top of things after a rough first half of 2016, he's now riding a 4 fight win streak over some decent competition. Similar to Kogane, he has fought in a ton of different promotions in a relatively small amount of fights (7, he has fought in a different promotion each of his last 5 bouts).

Hae Jin Park who won an alternate bout for the ROAD Lightweight tournament will be making his ZST debut against AACC's Yamato Hamamatsu at Featherweight.

Do you know if ZST is still doing their classic rule-set...? Also, Do you know what is going on with Kazuyuki Tashiro? Quite a big fan of his. Big fan of Makino as well, I'm also curious what is going with him, if anyone knows.

Do you know if ZST is still doing their classic rule-set...? Also, Do you know what is going on with Kazuyuki Tashiro? Quite a big fan of his. Big fan of Makino as well, I'm also curious what is going with him, if anyone knows.
They changed from the classic rule set ages ago, I can't remember the last time they used it. No clue what Tashiro is up to. Makino still grapples pretty often in ZST events, he teamed up with Hiroyuki Ota in the GT tag title tournament ZST held in 2015.

They changed from the classic rule set ages ago, I can't remember the last time they used it. No clue what Tashiro is up to. Makino still grapples pretty often in ZST events, he teamed up with Hiroyuki Ota in the GT tag title tournament ZST held in 2015.

Well, you know, there was that period where they'd have MMA rules but also classic rules bouts mixed in. I thought perhaps they were still doing that to some extent. For example, every Kazuyuki Tashiro bout I've seen, for example, was under the ZST rules...which wasn't so long ago. That's a pity though. Ah well. I guess that means my favorite MMA league basically no longer exists.

Tashiro's style really fit the ZST rule-set. I almost wonder if the rule-change has something to do with his inactivity. Either way, so, so, so, so disappointing. I was sad when Powergate switched over but this is even worse.

His bout with Masanori Hirata is one of my favorite modern era bouts. Both guys really, really tore the roof down, especially if you like that sort of style of grappling.

Well, you know, there was that period where they'd have MMA rules but also classic rules bouts mixed in. I thought perhaps they were still doing that to some extent. For example, every Kazuyuki Tashiro bout I've seen, for example, was under the ZST rules...which wasn't so long ago. That's a pity though. Ah well. I guess that means my favorite MMA league basically no longer exists.

Tashiro's style really fit the ZST rule-set. I almost wonder if the rule-change has something to do with his inactivity. Either way, so, so, so, so disappointing. I was sad when Powergate switched over but this is even worse.
I need to look up SWAT! rules but I think they might be similar to the old ZST rules, SWAT! is mostly only for rookies and amateurs though. I haven't seen the main ZST shows use that rule set in a long time.

I need to look up SWAT! rules but I think they might be similar to the old ZST rules, SWAT! is mostly only for rookies and amateurs though. I haven't seen the main ZST shows use that rule set in a long time.

Hope SWAT! still does...that'd be great, although its really enjoyable to see high-level guys in a rule-set that encourages grappling exchanges and creativity the way that rule-set did.

First batch of bouts announced for Pancrase 288

Hiromitsu Miura will defend his WW King of Pancrase title for the first time against undefeated Daiji Abe. Miura is 3-0 since returning to MMA following a boxing career. Seems a bit early for Abe to get a title shot but there isn't much to the division right now and he's undefeated in the promotion.

Kanako Murata vs Claire Fryer got rebooked for this event after Murata pulled out of their scheduled bout at 286 due to an injury.

Other stuff:
- Hulk Oshiro vs 2016 BW Neo Blood runner up Yasuhiro Kawamura
- 2016 FW Neo Blood champion Takumi Suzuki, who is coming off his win over Ushiku, will face Kazushi Sugiyama who is riding a 5 fight win streak
- Pancrase's resident MW Just Bleed brawler Yuki Niimura looks to bounce back after a failed title challenge, he will face Ikkei Nagamura who has had it rough his past 2 outings.
- Former FW King of Pancrase Issei Tamura vs 2015 FW Neo Blood runner up and owner of a 5 fight win streak, Yuki Nakahara. Krazy Bee vs Mach Dojo
- Former Shooto champ Masakatsu Ueda who is having a bit of a late career resurgence, 6-1 run and avenged his loss to Victor Henry last time out. He faces former DEEP title challenger Toshinori Tsunemura who is 4-0 in Pancrase.
- Kohei Kuraoka makes only his 2nd appearance outside of ZST, his first since his debut in 2004

Yuki Kondo vs Minowaman announced for Pancrase 288. These are the kind of fights both should be taking if they plan to continue on with their careers, not being fed to young up and comers.

Yuki Kondo vs Minowaman announced for Pancrase 288. These are the kind of fights both should be taking if they plan to continue on with their careers, not being fed to young up and comers.
one of very few fights i would actually be interested in seeing either of them take.

C-p1ThvUQAAvQOL.jpg

King Reina had a meat and greet with fans over the weekend.

She's also training with the Mad Dog of Hama and teaching Momoko the proper way to squash teeny boppers

Taking over the game

Is deep jewels gonna stream on. Deep global ?

Is deep jewels gonna stream on. Deep global ?
I would assume so, they streamed the last one. I don't see a schedule anywhere on the site though.

Also I got confirmation that Grachan will start streaming with Grachan 30 in August

ZST 56 results
ROAD Lightweight tournament alternate Hae Jin Park moved to 3-1, former Flyweight interim champ Sakamaki is now on a 5 fight win streak after a rough start to his Bantamweight career, Kogane picked up a TKO in his ZST debut, and Shinichi Hira (formerly Taira) won in the main event to push his win streak to 5.

Ganryujima results
Yoshiyuki Yoshida and Shrek Sekine won their debuts without much trouble. Marcus Vinicios stepped in on a few days notice for teammate Lelo Aurelio and smashed former ONE Welterweight champion Suzuki with a spinning back kick to the abdomen, hopefully we see him back for future events. Omigawa toppled his giant with a few ring outs, Kikuno didn't have as much luck as his bout was stopped and ruled a no contest due to a deep shin cut.
170506ganryujima-07-kikuno-ambriz-3.jpg

Some clips from Ganryujima:
Omigawa vs Kusunoki

Vinicios vs Suzuki

Kikuno vs Ambriz

ZST 56 results
ROAD Lightweight tournament alternate Hae Jin Park moved to 3-1, former Flyweight interim champ Sakamaki is now on a 5 fight win streak after a rough start to his Bantamweight career, Kogane picked up a TKO in his ZST debut, and Shinichi Hira (formerly Taira) won in the main event to push his win streak to 5.

Ganryujima results
Yoshiyuki Yoshida and Shrek Sekine won their debuts without much trouble. Marcus Vinicios stepped in on a few days notice for teammate Lelo Aurelio and smashed former ONE Welterweight champion Suzuki with a spinning back kick to the abdomen, hopefully we see him back for future events. Omigawa toppled his giant with a few ring outs, Kikuno didn't have as much luck as his bout was stopped and ruled a no contest due to a deep shin cut.
170506ganryujima-07-kikuno-ambriz-3.jpg

Some clips from Ganryujima:
Omigawa vs Kusunoki

Vinicios vs Suzuki

Kikuno vs Ambriz

Zst upped A funny vtr for him

King Reina got dolled up for sumo

I think fans are teasing her and saying that she's dating Kisenosato lol

The Shooto event from 4/23 has been uploaded to Fight Pass.

Watching the first fight, Mizuka mentioned that Shooto has changed the names of their weight classes to match those of the West. Same weight limits, just new names.

Sadaharu Tanikawa, formerly of K-1, runs it. No clue about pay or booker, fair to say they probably at least pay on par and likely more than some of the regional promotions seeing as guys like Omigawa and Kikuno are exclusively fighting there now.

The gis look more or less like the sambo kurtka, idk if there is anywhere to buy an official one though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back