Official JMMA Discussion Thread Vol. 3 ~VEE-TEE-JAY~

Status
Not open for further replies.
The title fight and Ishii vs Tamaru both ended in majority draws. Shimizu won by KO. I had to leave midway through the event but it was pretty good from what I saw.

Grachan still needs 35 more subscribers before starting live streams
https://www.youtube.com/c/TheGRACHAN

Fights for their May card are being announced
FW Title Fight - Shigeki Osawa vs Yohei Sakamoto
BW Title Fight - Fumiya Sasaki vs Tomohiko Hori
Shuhei Higashi vs Yoji Saito
Toru Harai vs Takahiro Kato
Junichi Hirata vs Rider HIRO
Akihito Mamiya vs Kuya Ito
Arata Ueki vs Yushin Nakajima

I have been trying the DEEP streaming/VOD service, definitely worth checking out a subscription at least once. They have pretty much every Impact and Cage Impact card from April of last year on, the 2014 NYE DEEP DREAM event, every DEEP JEWELS event, and a 50 fight package of classic fights. I haven't gotten to try a live stream yet but I have heard that it's very smooth. They also have some rare stuff that usually never surfaces such as Future King Tournament events.

Also just a heads up but I am the new JMMA contributor at Tapology. Feel free to shoot me a message if you notice anything incorrect or if you have events/fights/fighters/etc not in the database.

Looks like it's official that the UFC didn't sign Hiromasa Ogikubo after TUF, he's fighting Danny Martinez in Shooto next month. UFC really dropped the ball by only signing 2 or 3 guys from the Flyweight TUF and not even getting the runner up who ended up being one of the fan favorites by the end of the show.

At least RIZIN will likely get another big addition to their already very solid Flyweight division.

Looks like it's official that the UFC didn't sign Hiromasa Ogikubo after TUF, he's fighting Danny Martinez in Shooto next month. UFC really dropped the ball by only signing 2 or 3 guys from the Flyweight TUF and not even getting the runner up who ended up being one of the fan favorites by the end of the show.

At least RIZIN will likely get another big addition to their already very solid Flyweight division.
<{hughesimpress}>

Ridiculous. Seriously.

Congrats on the Tapology gig, btw.

Shame their fighting now both would be good additions too Rizin flw grand prix.

I'm starting a fund to go teach Kanna proper lifting technique before she ruins her career, going to throw out her back and blow out her knees real quick like this

Rumor is that the UFC signed Naoki Inoue, not sure how I feel about that. Great prospect but I don't trust them to properly build up a teenage Japanese Flyweight and his sister Mizuki should have been signed first.

Rumor is that the UFC signed Naoki Inoue, not sure how I feel about that. Great prospect but I don't trust them to properly build up a teenage Japanese Flyweight and his sister Mizuki should have been signed first.
Well
I complete agree with ya in every sense.
Naoki is a great prospect to watch for... But at 19... I believe the UFC will be quite harsh for him...
Also, its a nonsense these days to not have Mizuki Inoue at the SW division. Specially after Ayaka's last fight at SW...

Well
I complete agree with ya in every sense.
Naoki is a great prospect to watch for... But at 19... I believe the UFC will be quite harsh for him...
Also, its a nonsense these days to not have Mizuki Inoue at the SW division. Specially after Ayaka's last fight at SW...
UFC doesn't have the depth at Flyweight to build up someone as young as Naoki. After one or two wins he will almost have to fight top 10 guys and I don't think he is ready for that. He needs to improve his wrestling a lot still, defensively it's alright but he struggles taking guys down. Not a good thing when your strength is your mat work, though he has serviceable striking as well.

Honestly i feel as thought we won't be seeing any major japenese signings by the UFC in the near future.

It may be a bit premature of me saying this, but It feels to like the mma landscape is changing once again.

We are going back to the days of competition between promotions, the end of the UFCs monopoly and the rebirth of JMMA. I mean, even K1-japan is preparing to host a show in Saitama Super Arena at the start of 2018 !

zst uploaded some figths from zst 52 on their youtube channel

Honestly i feel as thought we won't be seeing any major japenese signings by the UFC in the near future.

It may be a bit premature of me saying this, but It feels to like the mma landscape is changing once again.

We are going back to the days of competition between promotions, the end of the UFCs monopoly and the rebirth of JMMA. I mean, even K1-japan is preparing to host a show in Saitama Super Arena at the start of 2018 !
Hard to tell how much of a shift is happening right now but there's definitely some competition rising up again, things should get pretty interesting a year or 2 from now

Not only is Hioki's gym officially opened-- StArt Japan (complete with some very nice green banana bags; I'm jelly)-- but he's looking for his first three-fight winning streak since 2012 against Hiroshige Tanaka on Pancrase 287 at the end of May.
It's a tough fight. Tanaka's got a lotta knockout power. It's a winnable fight for Hioki, and Tanaka's a very good fighter and has a solid 11-4 record, so beating him and being on a three-fight winning streak would do great things for Hioki, but the combination of Tanaka's strong combat wrestling background and his knockout power (you don't get all your knockouts in the first round by being pillow-fisted) makes it a challenge.

ROAD FC 040 XX: Ham Seo-Hee in Atomweight title match

upload_2017-4-2_18-21-42.png

Xiaomi ROAD FC 040 XX: Ham Seo-Hee returns to Korea for the ROAD FC Women's Atomweight Championship

ROAD Fighting Championship announces that the second all-female MMA card Xiaomi ROAD FC 040 XX will take place on June 11, 2017 in the Grand Hilton Convention Centre in Seoul, South Korea. The Main Event will be the return of Ham Seo-Hee to her home of Korea to fight for the inaugural ROAD FC Women's Atomweight Championship.

Ham Seo-Hee (17-8, Team MAD) is the pioneer for women's MMA in South Korea. She made her professional MMA debut 10 years ago in Deep 28 Impact against Hisae Watanabe, won by decision, and became a new force in women's MMA.

continue reading:
http://roadfc.com/main/news/news_view.php?key=JTI1MjUzRCUyNTI1M0RBTzNZVE8=

ROAD FC 040 XX: Ham Seo-Hee in Atomweight title match

View attachment 215589

Xiaomi ROAD FC 040 XX: Ham Seo-Hee returns to Korea for the ROAD FC Women's Atomweight Championship

ROAD Fighting Championship announces that the second all-female MMA card Xiaomi ROAD FC 040 XX will take place on June 11, 2017 in the Grand Hilton Convention Centre in Seoul, South Korea. The Main Event will be the return of Ham Seo-Hee to her home of Korea to fight for the inaugural ROAD FC Women's Atomweight Championship.

Ham Seo-Hee (17-8, Team MAD) is the pioneer for women's MMA in South Korea. She made her professional MMA debut 10 years ago in Deep 28 Impact against Hisae Watanabe, won by decision, and became a new force in women's MMA.

continue reading:
http://roadfc.com/main/news/news_view.php?key=JTI1MjUzRCUyNTI1M0RBTzNZVE8=
Opponent TBA right?
Who should be her opponent?

Well... That`s... sort of true... Haha... But i still have my doubt...
Well,to answer your question, if with the promotion, then Yan Xiaonan from China. No one else in the promotion at Atomweight is ready for a title fight. Most of them are beginners. If they look outside the promotion, then that opens up the options a lot. Probably someone from Deep Jewels. That national rivalry never gets old.

Well,to answer your question, if with the promotion, then Yan Xiaonan from China. No one else in the promotion at Atomweight is ready for a title fight. Most of them are beginners. If they look outside the promotion, then that opens up the options a lot. Probably someone from Deep Jewels. That national rivalry never gets old.
I hope not a Date girl, haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back