Official JMMA Discussion Thread Vol. 3 ~VEE-TEE-JAY~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mfpaevAhTB1qdv5ueo1_500.gif

should be a good fight though. i still hold DJ in very high regard, and moving up to BW will be tough for motoya, so i expect a win from DJ.

Why is that gif so familiar? Great new av, BTW.

Does anyone know who was the ring announcer for VTJ 8, who did commentary on Fight Pass and who was the post fight interviewer?
Goofy Pen Lady (translator for ufc events), Enson Inoue, and somebody I don't know

Results for MGL-1's co-promotion with DEEP

MGL-1 won 5 of the 7 head to head bouts. Tsogookhuug Amarsanaa is now 3-0 after knocking out former DEEP champ Boots n Burns. Amarsanaa trains out of CORE in Japan. Mongolian wrestling champ, Monkhgerek Bayarmaa upset Mika Nagano to get her first win. Bayarmaa has a deceptive record, she got feed to 3 of China's top fighters right away, Xiaonan Yan actually said Bayarmaa was her toughest opponent. One Jadambaa's students (former?), Tumurkhuyag Ganbayar, also picked up his first win. Kota Shimoishi and Haruo Ochi were DEEP's 2 victories.

Here's the 3rd round of the Amarsanaa vs Daisuke Nakamura fight

Last edited:
mongolians will take over when given the chance.

mongolians will take over when given the chance.
For sure. Get them into a promotion that puts on events more than once a year and make MMA a career worth pursuing full time then watch them take the game over.

Okami, Sotaro Yamada, Animal Anzai, Yuki Niimura, Ken Hasegawa, and Fukuda in the gym together. Niimura is fighting for the vacant Middleweight King of Pancrase against former MW and LHW King Ryo Kawamura (now goes by Ryocky, pro wrestling alias) this weekend.
CtcutuxUIAE3dXC.jpg

fucking hate lion takeshi and his 10000 feints bouncing styl him wicky e who the fuck is the striking coach at their gym he should be banned from the sport

yeah as a surprise to no one the next shooto kokurean hall show is in a cage

We probably won't be able to watch it again :( but Ganryujima is doing another event on October the 21st.
1ce2fdd63074c2181c3f571d843a43d6.jpg

Looks like they're going back to the tournament format!
image1-6.jpg

"Ganryujima all Asian Wushu Championships 2016 in TOKYO"

Bobby Ologun vs. Star Style (Bobby's looking for revenge)
Marucs Lelo Aurelio vs. Michelle Verginelli (Calcio Storico... not sure why they brought him back)

Tournament fights:
Katusnori Kikuno vs. Ha Unpyo (Tae Kwon Do champion)
Michihiro Omigawa vs. Jean Wenshen (17-3 kickboxer from China)
Igor Perumin (Hand to Hand / Russia) vs. Amara Fuhenfu (Mongolian Sumo)
Kuntappu vs. Ali Malva Kuti Ali (Kung Fu / Iran)

thumb-4.png

Wish there was a way to watch this...

It sounds like they're thinking about doing a women's tournament also... with Toni Storm
toni-storm-010316.jpg

Last edited:
They have a VOD service now, I'm not sure if they will be streaming through it or not but there should be video of the event eventually.

Star Style is former rikishi Amaramend Boldo and Kuntappu is Kuntap Weerasakrek

Last edited:
Kitaoka is a badass

Keep an eye on Hiromitsu Miura. I remember back in 2009 when that memorable fight with Carlos Condit, he was the best hope from Japan at WW. Surprisingly he transitioned to boxing, which coupled with his already great grappling, could only help his game.

Also, he trains at Wajutsu if im not mistaken, along with the best Asian bigs as Okami, Hasegawa and occasionally Stun Gun. War Miura!

They have a VOD service now, I'm not sure if they will be streaming through it or not but there should be video of the event eventually.

Star Style is former rikishi Amaramend Boldo and Kuntappu is Kuntap Weerasakrek

Where? Did they upload the last event yet?

I thought Hoshikaze was "Star Style"?...

Edit: same guy, so many names.

Where? Did they upload the last event yet?

I thought Hoshikaze was "Star Style"?...

Edit: same guy, so many names.
https://ganryujima.jp/movies
I think they have all the events up through the one in July, the last one might be up now too. They gave a free month in September, not sure if there's a trial period or not.

Yoshihiro Hoshikaze was the Japanese name that Boldo had to adopt for sumo.

I'm always glad to hear when Omigawa is fighting. I really like his style of boxing + judo. Hopefully the ganryujima videos show up online later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back