Official JMMA Discussion Thread Vol. 3 ~VEE-TEE-JAY~

Status
Not open for further replies.
MIO and RENA looking stunning

Ov2SH83.jpg

It looks like DEEP JEWELS 12 might be getting uploaded to YouTube right now
Here's Nori Date vs Amiba

Pretty boring fight tbh but Nori lands a big spinning back kick to the body that drops Amiba late in the 1st.

Last edited:
My bad, deleted and moved it to the VTJ thread but yeah Abema has been streaming a lot of stuff lately. They have done ONE, Krush, K-1, etc lately

Yeah as far as I know it's all free, just need to have a VPN so you don't get region blocked. I can't figure out the buffering issue though, idk if it's the heavy traffic or just the site in general

i cant even see images on there all i see is not available in your region or something like that

Yeah you need to use a VPN and change your country to Japan to get pass that. I'm able to watch VTJ right now but it's being very laggy, I'm hoping I can figure it out.

if you guys know how to use openvpn here are some free high bandwidth servers. Dont enter credit cards over these but it should be okay to stream and stuff. Remember openvpn puts every connection through on your computer. So you got to turn it off after you're finished.

http://www.vpngate.net/en/do_openvp...p=1531&udp=1516&sid=1466374840678&hid=4466122

I use the udp config file. If you need help with .ovpn files I can help.

Kanako Murata will be fighting at the Shoot Boxing Girl's S-Cup event, I am unsure if it will be Shoot Boxing or MMA rules. She's fighting Jleana Valentino, the chick that RENA flying armbarred at RIZIN NYE. RENA will also be defending her title on the card.

Kanako Murata will be fighting at the Shoot Boxing Girl's S-Cup event, I am unsure if it will be Shoot Boxing or MMA rules. She's fighting Jleana Valentino, the chick that RENA flying armbarred at RIZIN NYE. RENA will also be defending her title on the card.
great news. I wanna see Kanako vs RENA

So for you true fanatics of JMMA, a few questions:
Why are some of the fights two rounds? Semi-pro fights?
What rules are they using?
Does VTJ operate under the purview of the Shooto Commission?
Why bring on a guy who had a four year hiatus to have a retirement fight against such a youn up and comer?

Mizuka Koike had me rolling. "I'm also looking forward to Tamaru, because he is the cutest and also undefeated."

Usually 3 rounds are for the bigger fights with the more experienced fighters or title fights. The first 2 fights were a part of their VTJ Next series which are 3x3 rounds. I think Pancrase is the only promotion that does 5 round title fights but they also do a number of 3x3 rounds for fights lower on the cards. Almost all of the promotions have WMMA bouts as 2x5 unless it's a title fight, then they are usually 3x5.

VTJ I believe uses the Unified Rules or at least a slightly modified version.

Hiroyuki Tanaka is from Osaka, which is where the event was held. I guess he just wanted a proper retirement bout.

Mizuka was definitely feeling Tamaru lol, that's the bout that she talked the most for and kept mentioning how he was the cutest.

I thought their title fights for the past year have only been 3 rounds, I could be wrong though. I know they did 5 rounders up until a year or so ago.

i hadnt noticed if they did that the last title fight that went to decison that i saw went to 5 that was a while ago however

I think the last fights that were scheduled for 5 rounds were Kashiwazaki vs Fujiwara and Hamagishi vs Takahashi at ZST 46 in May of last year. Both fights were pretty boring so maybe they decided to cut title fights back to 3 rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back