Official EA UFC thread #3 "Quitters should be castrated!!!"

Conor McGregor players online are the worst, they are all so bad. They spin and drain their stamina within the first 30 seconds lol, and after that it's so easy to knock them out. I remember last night I played this guy who was playing as McGregor, I kept knocking him down and rocking him, and I eventually knocked him one too many times and he left the match ahah, I will excuse that.

@WalkenWouldOwn

Fought a lvl 8 guy xProxUFCx ranked #62....he was pushing my shit in....until well..... until I took his leg home......

Had more people sending messages crying after the fight then ever last night. I literally have probably gotten 5 or 6 messages since the game was released and I got 3 last night.

One guy said I was taking the "easy way out" by submitting him, and was strangely polite encouraging me to "challenge myself" and try to win in more difficult ways. My response was simply "You're right, it was very easy to submit you."

The strange thing about his comments are that I rocked him with a head kick, then dropped him with a knee before the submission lmao and that's how we got to the ground to begin with. He made it sound like I was some Conor Mcgregor panic wrestler when in reality I outstruck him with Aljemain Sterling who does not have very good standup, then finished him on the ground because his sub defense was atrocious.

Another guy fake glove touched so I spent the entire fight just clinching him and taking him down, beating him up a little bit but mostly just trying to frustrate him and control him. I would taunt him repeatedly, pop him with some jabs then take him down whenever he tried to do anything. Won an easy 30-27. His message was less polite then the other guys.

I also got raped by @Paladin985 ... as soon as I saw Mark Coleman I knew who it was lol. I had Overeem who sucks off his back, I did well early but he chipped away and finally finished me late in the 3rd with GnP.

Had more people sending messages crying after the fight then ever last night. I literally have probably gotten 5 or 6 messages since the game was released and I got 3 last night.

One guy said I was taking the "easy way out" by submitting him, and was strangely polite encouraging me to "challenge myself" and try to win in more difficult ways. My response was simply "You're right, it was very easy to submit you."

The strange thing about his comments are that I rocked him with a head kick, then dropped him with a knee before the submission lmao and that's how we got to the ground to begin with. He made it sound like I was some Conor Mcgregor panic wrestler when in reality I outstruck him with Aljemain Sterling who does not have very good standup, then finished him on the ground because his sub defense was atrocious.

Another guy fake glove touched so I spent the entire fight just clinching him and taking him down, beating him up a little bit but mostly just trying to frustrate him and control him. I would taunt him repeatedly, pop him with some jabs then take him down whenever he tried to do anything. Won an easy 30-27. His message was less polite then the other guys.

I also got raped by @Paladin985 ... as soon as I saw Mark Coleman I knew who it was lol. I had Overeem who sucks off his back, I did well early but he chipped away and finally finished me late in the 3rd with GnP.

I really wouldn't call that raping LOL I just barely won by GNP at the end of the third round. Besides you had me in danger plenty of times in the stand up in the first round!

I have created my own personal version of the UFC by taking all fighters, Ratings, and records and putting them on spreadsheets.

every other night or so ill throw together a Card, and play out my own world of the UFC. Each Event will lead to the introduction of a single new fighter which will be created by myself.

FB_IMG_1474851946193.jpg

Finally made it to division 7....I'm going to have to either step up my striking game or retire....I won't be able to swim with the sharks in this division by grappling alone.....

Another content update coming. But the page crashed and I can't tell who the fighters are from the pictures LOL

EDIT - ok here it is

NEW FIGHTERS

• Nikita Krylov - Men's Light Heavyweight
  • Jimmie Rivera – Men's Bantamweight
  • Jake Matthews – Men's Lightweight

Additionally, we have also Added Anthony Pettis and Renan Barão to the men’s Featherweight division and have updated moves for various fighters.

UFC ULTIMATE TEAM

Players now earn a reward pack for their first win of the day in Ultimate Championships.

GAMEPLAY UPDATES

Added increased damage to any round strike that connects with an opponent who lunges sideways into it.

Added the ability for the DOM fighter to break out of a single leg attempt after reversing into that position from SUB side control.

Fixed the Stamina setting in Practice Mode

Fixed bug where cancelling the SUB transition from postured up half guard to guard would interrupt all DOM strikes

Last edited:
Another content update coming. But the page crashed and I can't tell who the fighters are from the pictures LOL

EDIT - ok here it is

NEW FIGHTERS

• Nikita Krylov - Men's Light Heavyweight
  • Jimmie Rivera – Men's Bantamweight
  • Jake Matthews – Men's Lightweight

Additionally, we have also Added Anthony Pettis and Renan Barão to the men’s Featherweight division and have updated moves for various fighters.

UFC ULTIMATE TEAM

Players now earn a reward pack for their first win of the day in Ultimate Championships.

GAMEPLAY UPDATES

Added increased damage to any round strike that connects with an opponent who lunges sideways into it.

Added the ability for the DOM fighter to break out of a single leg attempt after reversing into that position from SUB side control.

Fixed the Stamina setting in Practice Mode

Fixed bug where cancelling the SUB transition from postured up half guard to guard would interrupt all DOM strikes

Another update with MORE FREE fighters? How people can even compare this game with that shit show UFC Undisputed is beyond me. THQ gave zero fucks about that game after launch whereas this game is CONSTANTLY being tweaked and we are given free fighters regularly......

(waiting ever so patiently for classic HWs to be added)

I want

Lesnar
Shamrock
Tank Abbott
Ricco Rodriguez

Wishful thinking but I stay optimistic

I finally got the game a few days ago, obviously I still suck at it but...is it me or the striking is atrocious??? Chaotic, messy, unpolished, unresponsive, even silly at times with all those over the top stumble animations...not to mention the incredibly anticlimactic finish the fight and weak ground and pound...

I don't know, maybe I am missing something since most of you seem to enjoy this game a lot...While I can see the potential of the grappling part of the game I'm finding the stand up pretty crap, I'm not even having fun playing it ...am I missing something?

Ps: just playing the cpu so far

I finally got the game a few days ago, obviously I still suck at it but...is it me or the striking is atrocious??? Chaotic, messy, unpolished, unresponsive, even silly at times with all those over the top stumble animations...not to mention the incredibly anticlimactic finish the fight and weak ground and pound...

I don't know, maybe I am missing something since most of you seem to enjoy this game a lot...While I can see the potential of the grappling part of the game I'm finding the stand up pretty crap, I'm not even having fun playing it ...am I missing something?

The stumbling was one of my biggest gripes when the game released. I've gotten used to it but it still fucking sucks to throw a well placed and well timed 3 punch combo, only to miss your second 2 punches because the first one weirdly caused your opponent to stumble awkwardly a few steps back. And the inability to put away a rocked opponent if they simply back up and block is pretty frustrating.

But overall the striking is the best yet in an MMA game IMO. Undisputed 3 was good, but the swaying felt ridiculous and it usually felt like you were stuck in the mud. Footwork and movement is a legitimate tool in this game and reach/controlling distance is key. If it seems "chaotic" to you then yes you're probably missing something/doing it wrong. Try to fight realistically. Pick your shots, use your jab, mix in leg kicks and body shots.. use head movement and footwork, use the modified spinning strikes rarely.... the striking feels great to me most of the time. I'm not the best at it but I think it's a lot of fun.

So are they just never going to nerf Connors ridiculous ground stats? And they just imported Barao bantamweight model over. No changes. Nothing

It's awful. I think it's the worst part of the game to me. Very cheesy and arcadey. Wait until you get online and play against Weidman, Connors, Robbie, etc. Striking just consists of moving forward, linking together enough combos to gather hit stuns for a rock, back up to regain stamina, repeat. Nearly every fight is like Cerrones finishing sequence on Story. And don't bother picking a lower ranked fighter below 89. You could be controlling the fight in all aspects but one singular shot will have you stumbling

Last edited by a moderator:
The stumbling was one of my biggest gripes when the game released. I've gotten used to it but it still fucking sucks to throw a well placed and well timed 3 punch combo, only to miss your second 2 punches because the first one weirdly caused your opponent to stumble awkwardly a few steps back. And the inability to put away a rocked opponent if they simply back up and block is pretty frustrating.

But overall the striking is the best yet in an MMA game IMO. Undisputed 3 was good, but the swaying felt ridiculous and it usually felt like you were stuck in the mud. Footwork and movement is a legitimate tool in this game and reach/controlling distance is key. If it seems "chaotic" to you then yes you're probably missing something/doing it wrong. Try to fight realistically. Pick your shots, use your jab, mix in leg kicks and body shots.. use head movement and footwork, use the modified spinning strikes rarely.... the striking feels great to me most of the time. I'm not the best at it but I think it's a lot of fun.

If the striking had realistic stamina and they removed parries it'd be fucking perfect. The stamina cost of strikes is way too low and nobody parries like that in real life.

The striking in this game is great. The ground game is what's truly atrocious. Grappling is simply about who knows how to block a transition from every position. It's a clunky mess of who can hold L2 and a direction at the right time, instantly zap their opponents stamina and go for a finish. Nothing fluid or realistic about it at all. Just a really poorly executed mini game. Striking is more like chess, you need to anticipate your opponents movements and strike selection, put together the right combos and find a way to make them pay.

The striking in this game is great. The ground game is what's truly atrocious. Grappling is simply about who knows how to block a transition from every position. It's a clunky mess of who can hold L2 and a direction at the right time, instantly zap their opponents stamina and go for a finish. Nothing fluid or realistic about it at all. Just a really poorly executed mini game. Striking is more like chess, you need to anticipate your opponents movements and strike selection, put together the right combos and find a way to make them pay.

totally agree with this. Hate the ground game in this, submissions too.

I'll give some more tries then, I'll probably just need to get used to it, although I'm not really enjoying it so far, unlike the UFC Undisputed games

No. Grappling is solid. It's such an complex and detailed part of MMA that I don't think it will ever be realistic. But it takes skill and patience to work on the ground. Outside of the random odd pauses where you can't strike while a bottom guy is transitioning, I think it's the best we've seen. Striking is bad. Even the Devs admitted it by saying they will focus more on that. Movmemt is slow and clunky. Hard to close the distance so you are forced to "bang bro" esp since they've now penalized movement. The combo system is complete trash. Rock n sock slop that is basically who can string the right hit stun strikes to rock(usually a 1, 2 to the body followed by a head kick or a straight, uppercut, head kick, second head kick after the stumble animation) It's just silly and makes it feel like a bad flowcharty fight game

Back