~*Official Draft of the S&P Summer Squat Competition*~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully enough people see this.

I was considering changing the contests to two separate teams...instead of a lot of smaller teams. The participant could then choose whichever team they'd like.

Just trying to simplify things.

Hopefully enough people see this.

I was considering changing the contests to two separate teams...instead of a lot of smaller teams. The participant could then choose whichever team they'd like.

Just trying to simplify things.

I agree, it would be easier. I like the idea of the smaller teams, to really harbor personal encouragement between members, but it would be pretty difficult to organize.

I agree, it would be easier. I like the idea of the smaller teams, to really harbor personal encouragement between members, but it would be pretty difficult to organize.

Maybe if I had planned it out more we could have done smaller teams. But this was more of a spur of the moment idea...so I think this might be the easiest route.

I'll make the new thread tomorrow.

I think if all the captains can agree on who gets who, there is no downside to big teams.

It would be cool if we just had two teams, too. I am just anxious to see how things end up. I'm really excited about building my squat up over the next few months.

Maybe if I had planned it out more we could have done smaller teams. But this was more of a spur of the moment idea...so I think this might be the easiest route.

I'll make the new thread tomorrow.

What about four teams? I like the multi team idea.

i'll be shooting for 500 before my birthday(sept 23rd). Not sure when you guys are going to call it though.

i'll be shooting for 500 before my birthday(sept 23rd). Not sure when you guys are going to call it though.

I'm shooting for 500 too. I want my squat to be higher than my deadlift before the end of the summer. Long ass way to go, though.

I say fuck starting a nwe thread and let's just get this shit going

i liked the smaller teams better. The reason i thought this was such a great idea was because we had people motivating us to get our shit together. In two huge teams i honestly would not care as much what one person is doing in the midst of 20.

We should just have a cutoff as to who else can join now so we don't have a continuing list.

dunno my 1rm but my 5rm atm is 110kg.

what the hell is that in pounds? around 265lb?

Am I too late?

1RM squat=320lbs.

Just so I don't give anyone a false impression, I'm not going to compromise on my conditioning training and such so I can exclusively focus on squats for this competition, I just think it looks like fun, and I'll be squatting anyway...draft accordingly.

*sulks because no-ones picked him*

I think he wanted you to be a captain.

That is why I picked 3.. nobody picked me. It is easier to be on the winning team when you're the one that picks it :icon_chee

Smaller teams is better. Captains should just keep picking members.

P.S.: I am on Lusst's team - nice.

Idea for teamname: Knubbel & Minions

Smaller teams is better. Captains should just keep picking members.

P.S.: I am on Lusst's team - nice.

Idea for teamname: Knubbel & Minions

I agree with this the most, actually. Once every team has 3 members, the rest of the people can be picked up. If we keep restarting the contest, it'll never begin. Organization is a moot point, cause even if there are two teams it isn't going to be organized...

Once every team has 3 members, the rest of the people can be picked up.

Or the unchosen can form teams amongst themselves. Angry, angry teams made up of rejects. Teams determined to crush all in their path.

(hopes not to be picked)

Dude whoever set this up fails at life. Someone just start a thread with all the people in it and their weights than each captain picks 1 at a time. Fuck I'll set it up if no one else wants to.

Dude whoever set this up fails at life. Someone just start a thread with all the people in it and their weights than each captain picks 1 at a time. Fuck I'll set it up if no one else wants to.

Go for it. Are you going to use the captains pre-selected and just have however many people end up on a team or are you going to make it so there are enough captains to have 4 people on each team (including the captain)?

If you need captains I can be one, if you don't, I don't mind being on whatever team I get chosen for, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back