***Official 2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread v 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
But most teams switch on pnrs though

Very true but teams are only able to do so if they have a mobile SF masquerading as a PF. A "glove" like defensive PG with reach who could fight through picks would be insanely valuable right now because he would give you much more flexibility in terms of who you want to play the 4. It's why a team like the Jizzlies with Conley at PG were able to buck the trend and go so long with Randolph at the 4 and still remain a very relevant playoff team in the West

2832655391475279738.jpeg

Very true but teams are only able to do so if they have a mobile SF masquerading as a PF. A "glove" like defensive PG with reach who could fight through picks would be insanely valuable right now because he would give you much more flexibility in terms of who you want to play the 4. It's why a team like the Jizzlies with Conley at PG were able to buck the trend and go so long with Randolph at the 4 and still remain a very relevant playoff team in the West

Randolph is one of the most underrated 4's. I thought he was going to be completely worthless leaving MSU after a year and dude ended up being a good player. If he had any sort of athleticism (you could barely slide a piece of paper under his feet when he jumped) he could have carved out a borderline HOF career.

People call Randolph's game "old man game" to suggest that he would've fit right in prior to the modern era, as if to say he's irrelevant in modern times, but the reality is that Zbo would've been scoring 300 ppg during the 50s/60s. And he flat pwnt *Tim Duncan in the '11 yoffs

*People will argue that Duncan was a C in '11 and thus not matched up with Randolph but Duncan was always a C yet that doesn't stop people from declaring Duncan the goat PF. Randolph [a PF] was the most prolific scorer of that series, and surely the supposed goat PF [rated as such because of his defense] Duncan could've shut Randolph down

It's because fat boy is irrelevant now outside of being the worst contract in the NBA. Embiid actually mattered for the 30 or so games he played. Unfortunately, his career is fucked.
I dont think it is because he checks all the boxes and didnt rely on athleticism. He was blocking shots without getting up that much, he can shoot and his post game is really good. I saw his knee injury a mile away, because he and Porzingis dont know how to land properly. They are too big and too top heavy to be running full speed at the rim. Once he paces him self and stops playing 100mph he'll be fine.

Randolph is one of the most underrated 4's. I thought he was going to be completely worthless leaving MSU after a year and dude ended up being a good player. If he had any sort of athleticism (you could barely slide a piece of paper under his feet when he jumped) he could have carved out a borderline HOF career.
Yeah but if he was more athletic his post game wouldnt be what it is. I think not being athletic extended his career.

It's because fat boy is irrelevant now outside of being the worst contract in the NBA. Embiid actually mattered for the 30 or so games he played. Unfortunately, his career is fucked.
I liked how the blazers dodged a bullet by not signing him but then signed Turner to 72 million. 72 million when no one else offered him shit.

Yeah but if he was more athletic his post game wouldnt be what it is. I think not being athletic extended his career.

I disagree. We all judged the dude (myself included) and didn't listen to coaches around him. He always worked hard even though he can be a dipshit (he rolls with the Beaumont Boys; Perk, SJax and Charles)

Those Baylor kids from there are rapists btw. It goes back to high school

I liked how the blazers dodged a bullet by not signing him but then signed Turner to 72 million. 72 million when no one else offered him shit.

They needed someone to fall on grenades for them during their road trips.

There's nothing like having the Nuts come to town when the team really needs an easy win. No starter playing more than 25 minutes is awesome.

Booker's probably gonna score 60 lol, he is the Suns team.

I disagree. We all judged the dude (myself included) and didn't listen to coaches around him. He always worked hard even though he can be a dipshit (he rolls with the Beaumont Boys; Perk, SJax and Charles)

Those Baylor kids from there are rapists btw. It goes back to high school
They got 20 years for that so I wonder how many witnesses came forward?

Charles?

Booker is a baller. 22 years old good lord.

Kinda corny to foul in an out of reach game just to try to get him to 70.

This whole half has been played at an all star game level

Booker took 40 shots and had another 26 free throw attempts. Its nice but its not that impressive.

Booker took 40 shots and had another 26 free throw attempts. Its nice but its not that impressive.

He shot 52%. How many guys drop 70 like that? If Curry did that no one would be able to clean up all the jizz in your living room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back