Offensive meter... anthem kneeling, or flags made in china

Status
Not open for further replies.

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Question, what is more offensive to your sensibilities, millionaires kneeling for the anthem, or the fact that 90% of everything made with an American flag on it, is made in China?

To be honest, the latter. Our country has a long history of protest, so I, despite disagreeing with the kneeling, can understand it.

I remember reading about the founding fathers and the etiquette they wanted the flag to revered with. They did not want commercial products made with the American flag, ever.

I find it hard for my patriot feelz to be triggered, when I have watched corporate America gut this country from the inside out.

I also find it hilarious that the biggest flag waivers are the most anti-collectivist.

Neither one bothers me one bit. Although I don't agree with the kneeling, they certainly have a right to protest in any way they see fit.

Question, what is more offensive to your sensibilities, millionaires kneeling for the anthem, or the fact that 90% of everything made with an American flag on it, is made in China?
Well, to be fair you can definitely easily get a Made in the USA American flag, they just cost 5x as much:

For fuck's sake, not everything has to be offensive.

The kneeling is wrong, IMO, because it cedes the symbolism of the flag to the assholes you're opposing. America is the Declaration of Independence, the Gettysburg Address, the New Colossus, I Have a Dream, etc; it's not racist cops and our bumbling demagogue in chief. But it's not offensive in the least. It's bringing an issue to the table so we can discuss it, and let's fucking discuss it. And who gives a fuck where flags are made? Capitalism is also America.

I don't know that either is something I'm going to lose any sleep over. America not actually producing anything, well, American, is sad but not surprising.

Everything being made in america is quite offensive, like the « Make America great again» caps.

The kneeling is wrong, IMO, because it cedes the symbolism of the flag to the assholes you're opposing. America is the Declaration of Independence, the Gettysburg Address, the New Colossus, I Have a Dream, etc; it's not racist cops and our bumbling demagogue in chief. But it's not offensive in the least. It's bringing an issue to the table so we can discuss it, and let's fucking discuss it. And who gives a fuck where flags are made? Capitalism is also America.
No lie, I had to double take at who was posting this. You're starting to make too much sense these days Jack.

Not angry about either. A flag is a flag. If you read the US flag code you can see that we violate half of the "rules" all the time. And the people who are most angry about this are probably doing it just like everyone else.

For example it states that:

The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever.

The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.

No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform.

Ironically it doesn't say anything about kneeling.

Do you even MSM bro?

You like how I carefully worded my statement?
Yea, I'm not disputing your statement - I guess I'd say it's pretty easy for someone to pay $20 more for flag stuff than it is to do anything about what a pro football player is going to do with his time so I imagine they're more rustled about the kneeling.

I have my own offensive meter question.

What's more offensive, taking a knee during the anthem, or belittling Prisoners of War, or being derogatory to a Gold Star Family?

Seems like the Trump supporters have no issue with a lack of "patriotism" if a white man is the one exhibiting it.

I'm sorry if my wording confused you. I'm talking about American flag products not being made in America.

Ok, I thought you were pretending as if America produces nothing, not specifically the flags. We do produce flags, but Americans are apparently not patriotic enough to pay a little more for the authentic article.

Ok, I thought you were pretending as if America produces nothing, not specifically the flags. We do produce flags, but Americans are apparently not patriotic enough to pay a little more for the authentic article.

My mistake, not what I was going for. I didn't write that very well.

As always, most of buy whatever is cheaper. Not that you can really blame someone. I've always attempted to support American made products or companies out of principle. Not so easy when you're broke though.

The only thing offensive is the level of hysteria

If they could have their way, they'd bring some Chinese workers as slaves to make flags in USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back