Off to Italy next month Sept 22

I got a loud accent?

That bad

Ill represent England as a gangster we love it

I don't think they care about accent, they just steal from tourist, old peoples and fat women that don't watch theyr bag while speaking loud at cellphone :D

Btw don't expect army of gypsies waiting you lol, in large majority of places is not like that

From what i ear Rome lately got worse in that sense, so maybe that's the reason many tourists report that and tell stories about Italy being full of them lol

I don't think they care about accent, they just steal from tourist, old peoples and fat women that don't watch theyr bag while speaking loud at cellphone :D

Btw don't expect army of gypsies waiting you lol, in large majority of places is not like that

From what i ear Rome lately got worse in that sense, so maybe that's the reason many tourists report that and tell stories about Italy being full of them lol

I have yet to be robbed in Rome. Only spent 2x1 week there though.

https://www.immobiliare.it/
Is this the best italian real estate classifieds? I am looking for a new apartment, but haven't even decided in which country yet. Italy seems a bit pricey (compared to Spain and Greece).

1- I have yet to be robbed in Rome. Only spent 2x1 week there though.

2- https://www.immobiliare.it/
Is this the best italian real estate classifieds? I am looking for a new apartment, but haven't even decided in which country yet. Italy seems a bit pricey (compared to Spain and Greece).

1- Not Rome but i live in another big city that got them and never been robbed or even just pickpocketed by them in my entire lifetime :D
But my aunt was, both grandmothers too. Plus peoples i know of course

But other classic scenario is tourists who use public transports (bus, subway) or wait in lines or walk around in crowded areas, saying police they got theyr bag/backpack opened or wallet pickpocketed

Usually is a pick pocket thing btw, so is mostly about watch your shit and don't be stupid in crowded areas

2- All claim to be the best lol, idk if Immobiliare are :D
Btw you're right on Italy being pricey as fuck when it comes to homes, but there's an extreme price difference between big city and outside little towns near to it

The trick usually is find a nice place close to the city you're interessed, with easy trains link to it

I fucking love Greece (islands) but it's a personal thing, if i have to give a general suggestion i will watch Spain :D

Canary Islands got some nice deals i ear, my parents even considered buying one and go live there.
Few years ago there was homes at very very cheap price there, but from what i understood in recent times they raised

I've been to France, Spain and Germany this year, need to get myself to Italy next!

First time

Looking forward to it meeting people food etc

Me and my dad are going he's got a marathon race and I'm tagging along its good in a way probably only time we spend together and will be

We are going to postiano

Hope Italians like English

I spent a summer in Italy once.

I spent some time in a small town and when the locals found out I was from Canada, all the kids followed me around saying "I speeek Engleesh, I speeek Engleesh."

It was literally the only sentence they knew in English.

But I was a rock star.

And them Italian dimes

valentina-nappi-coche_06.jpg

They're a trap.

There are notable exceptions, but 99.9% of Italian hotties put on fifty pounds once married.

1- Not Rome but i live in another big city that got them and never been robbed or even just pickpocketed by them in my entire lifetime :D
But my aunt was, both grandmothers too. Plus peoples i know of course

But other classic scenario is tourists who use public transports (bus, subway) or wait in lines or walk around in crowded areas, saying police they got theyr bag/backpack opened or wallet pickpocketed

Usually is a pick pocket thing btw, so is mostly about watch your shit and don't be stupid in crowded areas

2- All claim to be the best lol, idk if Immobiliare are :D
Btw you're right on Italy being pricey as fuck when it comes to homes, but there's an extreme price difference between big city and outside little towns near to it

The trick usually is find a nice place close to the city you're interessed, with easy trains link to it

I fucking love Greece (islands) but it's a personal thing, if i have to give a general suggestion i will watch Spain :D

Canary Islands got some nice deals i ear, my parents even considered buying one and go live there.
Few years ago there was homes at very very cheap price there, but from what i understood in recent times they raised

1. I heard a lot about the pickpocketers. Some guy even told me to wear my backpack on my front to avoid someone opening my backpack in a crowded area. I am generally a guy that likes my personal space and none of the city trams were crowded or the city in general had a lot of space. No fish in a barrel feeling at all. So it wasn't like anybody really had the chance to rob me. The thing is, we have gypsies in Norway also. So it's not like most of Europeans shouldn't be aware of this problem already.

2. Yup. It's pricey and also many of the apartments look really old and in bad condition. I have thought about Canary Islands, Spain is still very much cheap. It's the safe choice at the moment, but it's a tad boring. It would be easy to rent it out when i am not there so i am not just tying up a bunch of capital with no return on investment. It seems because of this some locals are really angry. Bunch of foreigners are buying all the real estate. At least that's what i have heard about Mallorca.

2. Yup. It's pricey and also many of the apartments look really old and in bad condition. I have thought about Canary Islands, Spain is still very much cheap. It's the safe choice at the moment, but it's a tad boring. It would be easy to rent it out when i am not there so i am not just tying up a bunch of capital with no return on investment. It seems because of this some locals are really angry. Bunch of foreigners are buying all the real estate. At least that's what i have heard about Mallorca.

Cool thing of Canary Islands under that pov is awesome climate that basically allow to rent at short holyday prices (aka much higher than rent to peoples that want live there) basically 12 months at year, there are no "dead months" from what i understood

If you want a not boring place i'm just returned from Ios (greek island) and was pure awesomeness, specially in july with the australian crowd full of blond girls and friendly peoples.
Then in august is started the italian invasion lol

But tbh give the idea of a place pretty dead outside jun-jul-aug-sep and it have no airport, you have to fly to Mykonos then 2h boat

Will absolutely go there again if is another holyday with friends, but tbh will never buy home there

Will absolutely love have an home in Santorini island though

Dont borrow money from people. They probably be loan sharks and will kill if you dont pay them back.

Cool thing of Canary Islands under that pov is awesome climate that basically allow to rent at short holyday prices (aka much higher than rent to peoples that want live there) basically 12 months at year, there are no "dead months" from what i understood

If you want a not boring place i'm just returned from Ios (greek island) and was pure awesomeness, specially in july with the australian crowd full of blond girls and friendly peoples.
Then in august is started the italian invasion lol

But tbh give the idea of a place pretty dead outside jun-jul-aug-sep and it have no airport, you have to fly to Mykonos then 2h boat

Will absolutely go there again if is another holyday with friends, but tbh will never buy home there

Will absolutely love have an home in Santorini island though

You are right about the Canary Islands. It's the most popular place for a reason. My neighbour goes there Mid December every year and he tells me it's usually above 20 celsius, which is basically summer for us Northerners. Canary Islands is the only European (Technically it's in Africa i would say) whole year tourist destination. Buying an apartment in the Canary Islands is the most rational thing to do financially. Greek Islands are legendary jun-sep. I have been to Rhodes, Crete and Cyprus. Best summer memories. I am not much of a summer guy anymore though. Anything above +25 makes me feel like total shit. I will be going between October and March and rent it out May-October.

Positano is a DREAM! Try to appreciate all that you can while you're there!

Back