Television Oct 1! Curb Your Enthusiasm Returns!

episode one was much better than two.. still enjoyed both though

This episode validates that Cheryl was always a C

Ted Danson is a douche in it as well. But Larry ultimately crushed Danson time after time after time. In some sense this was Dansons revenge.

The best part was Mary saying "Larry wasnt his type" then the guy she ends up going out with {<jordan}

I liked the 2nd episode it was pretty funny. The whole cookie thing and asking the girl who runs the cookie operation in the lobby. The security guard needs only certain type of foods and fresh towels. The whole Iran thing and angel is kind of annoying but that's a jew comedy for ya.

Great episode. Lots of great guest stars. Salman Rushdie and Elizabeth Banks were funny. The disturbance in the kitchen bit was great. The restaurant manager who wouldn't give a direct answer played that part perfectly. I wanted to punch the guy.

The whole Fatwa appeal was a nod to Seinfeld's Kavorka episode, where Kramer attracts women because of his Kavorka.

Just started this show on Friday and on Season 5 now. Binged a lot of it on the weekend.

Next weeks funeral episode is way to similar to the sienfeld funeral episode. But instead of George it’s Larry David. Same story with the funeral hello and all

Everything isn’t super forced now. Larry also overplayed the disguise thing.

Okay so Episode 3 had some damn good stuff.

- The manager with his vacant cheeriness in trying to diminish the disturbances was hilarious to me. Exactly the type of person Larry would not like. I loved the payoff of him not even being able to give straight answers to Damon Jr the cop even though he would have no reason or incentive to protect Larry. His deliberate, perpetual vagueness actually bought L-vd and Elizabeth some time.

- Larry getting into a yelling match with the chef was funny. The guys horror as Larry gives the hypothetical with the unconscious kids and then his anger when Larry is gloating that his point was proven ("that's a very specific situation, sir!")

- Rushdie cameo was gold. The Seinfeld episode where Kramer thinks he sees Salman in a gym in NYC was always one of my favorite random storylines.

- Banks is beautiful as ever. Her horrific, cinrgeworthy retelling of the cover lie was good.

Susie is always great but thought her subplot was sort of meandering. I did, however, really like Larrys completely unsympathetic request for Susie to search for the Dr. Stangelove glasses when she's inside when she's not searching for the little sister outside.

Subtleties of the horn is vintage Curb stuff. Danson trying to play the celebrity card to get out of a beating was good (said Becker before Cheers lol- cmon now).

It was better than episode 2, but the show still doesn't feel anything like it used to. Is it just me? Larry's going out of his way to start arguments now, making it feel forced. Glad he ditched the disguise though. So far episode 1 is my favourite.

I thought the 3rd was the funniest this season

third episode was fantastic & could probably make it onto a “top best curb episodes” list if you ask me.

Great episode. Lots of great guest stars. Salman Rushdie and Elizabeth Banks were funny. The disturbance in the kitchen bit was great. The restaurant manager who wouldn't give a direct answer played that part perfectly. I wanted to punch the guy.

Also as someone who has previously ran a kitchen I can absolutely vouch that "a disturbance" is exactly where the specificity stops in talking with customers about delays. You don't get to hear about spoiled milk, thrown out steak, refired potatoes, fuck all of that we hit you with our best floor guy to bullshit your ears off until you stop asking questions and eat your comp tiny plate we brought you

"you think sammy was talented at that age?"
"no i dont"

hahah and we know that for a fact from that great episode where he encroaches on Phillip Baker Hall the doctor's life by asking for his phone number, stumbling upon his address, and then actually trying to hide out in his house.

Sammy singing Frankie Valli to Ted and Mary and then Larry clapping as though it's over to end it early. Such a classic moment.

As for episode 4- certainly not one of the better episodes I've seen, but enjoyable. Cranston basically is awesome in whatever you see him in. HIs scenes in this episode were the high point for me. Well along with Richard Lewis' art exhibition and his self-portrait.

“When I sit on the toilet, my johnson hangs in the water.”

Back