Obviously McGregor cant beat Floyd, but he can find some success which will be exciting to see.

people or talking like this is prime floyd. The guy is over 40 and hasnt boxed in couple of years. How much has he been in the gym? not saying conor will win, but this fight will be closer than most people think. I expect a clear dec win for floyd or maybe stoppage in the last 3 rounds. But there are many boxers that would stop conor quicker than floyd. Either way conor has nothing to lose.......he will make more money in this than he has rest of his career and will retire once he gets his millions

I would bet money Conor couldn't even win the us junior Nationals at 145

Yeah in several of his recent fights his had moments where he looked off and is often more flat-footed than he was before. Still doesn't lose fights and rarely even loses a single round but he is obviously getting old. Nice that he is just old physically though instead of mentally like punch drunk Sugar Shane or Kirkland or Bradley(after a few more wars).

No question Floyd isn't the same athlete now as he was in his "prime." But the Berto fight must have been real hard to get up for. I thought his movement against Canelo was superb. All that being said, Conor has been tagged by bums. Conor also has average cardio at best. In a 12 round boxing match against a defensive guru, he will be exposed BADLY. Outside of that one in a million lucky punch, he will be gassed by round 4/5. At least he will get a fat paycheck. On a side note, not only does Floyd not fluctuating in weight help prolong his career, but the very fact that he does not drink/smoke etc...is a a testament to his discipline. He treats his body like a temple (i also always found it interesting that he wasn't into getting tattoos).

It's going to be a close fight with Floyd winning on the judges score cards, if you think it's not, then you know nothing about the fight game and how much it could earn these 2, if they have a second or third fight.........

It's going to be a close fight with Floyd winning on the judges score cards, if you think it's not, then you know nothing about the fight game and how much it could earn these 2, if they have a second or third fight.........
and if you think floyd will risk holding back and having a competitive fight with an amateur making their debut, in order to have a rematch... then you know nothing about floyd.

I wasnt commenting on money, I was commenting on the fight. Conor doesnt stand a chance. That being said, I agree with you totally about a rematch. My prediction for the fight is, it goes the distance, floyd wins on points so they can sell a rematch. I am sure floyd could drop him any time he wants, but thats not how it will go down. Floyd will not take a paid loss and ruin his record, and theres no way he will loose if they were to just go at it. But he will play with him for 12 rounds to get paid. It being a close fight is exactly what they want you guys to think, when in reality floyd will carry him 12 rounds and will just play with him, capable of stopping it any time.

saying conor can beat him in a boxing match is the equivalent of saying floyd would beat conor in a mma match. and anyone that would think that, obviously doesnt know mma.

I know nothing about the fight game? I fight/compete. Do you?

and if you think floyd will risk holding back and having a competitive fight with an amateur making their debut, in order to have a rematch... then you know nothing about floyd.

And you think Floyd is just coming out of retirement for a fight.......Easy pay day.......He needs the money and wants to hit 51 wins.

McGregor is the 2 fights, he's not going to make it look easy, it's all about the show.

I wasnt commenting on money, I was commenting on the fight. Conor doesnt stand a chance. That being said, I agree with you totally about a rematch. My prediction for the fight is, it goes the distance, floyd wins on points so they can sell a rematch. I am sure floyd could drop him any time he wants, but thats not how it will go down. Floyd will not take a paid loss and ruin his record, and theres no way he will loose if they were to just go at it. But he will play with him for 12 rounds to get paid. It being a close fight is exactly what they want you guys to think, when in reality floyd will carry him 12 rounds and will just play with him, capable of stopping it any time.

saying conor can beat him in a boxing match is the equivalent of saying floyd would beat conor in a mma match. and anyone that would think that, obviously doesnt know mma.

I know nothing about the fight game? I fight/compete. Do you?

My post was not pointed at you but good to see you understand what I am saying.

He's been getting slapped around by fighters who don't have 5% of of the skill of Floyd lol
Like?

Even Nate said he has a chance while he has gas but like others with the amateur style, he'll gas after a few rounds. Floyd is a notorious slow starter and just has great boxing conditioning, can box better in the 12th than the first. However, Conor's style is to start hard, fast and Floyd will likely just play defense for a few rounds, figure out his timing and then chill.

I actually think Conor could even knock him down, but Floyd has such good defense that he will be able to recoop unless he goes out cold. The odds of Conor getting the finish are almost impossible (and that's the only way he wins) but I do agree that he will have some success, even if he is punching shoulders, the crowd will go wild (ala Maidana).

And let us also admit, Floyd has looked worse and worse as time has went on and is only freakin' 40! -- Heck, he even looks like he is getting increasing down's syndrome. I'm just 34 and feel totally different from even 30.

Back