Obviously McGregor cant beat Floyd, but he can find some success which will be exciting to see.

Mixfight

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Obviously everyone knows Conor cant win and will most likely be humiliated after 3 rounds of Floyd getting his rhythm and timing down. Once Floyd measures him he will put on an absolute boxing clinic on Conu and will put hands on him. However for the first 3 rounds there will be some possibilities for Conor to find success in some areas based on his size and southpaw stance.

Conor is 5'9 160lbs with 74'' reach

Floyd is 5'8 150lbs with 72'' reach

The last guy Floyd has KOd (outside of that bullshit Ortiz KO) was Ricky Hatton who is 5'7 145lbs and 65'' reach and that was 10 years ago and it took him 10 rounds to do it. Im not trying to compare Conus box skills to Ricky Hatton Im just trying to put things in perspective for idiots who think Floyd is going to go out there and KO Conu in the first round. Sorry but if you understand boxing and Mayweather's style there is no way he KOs Conor in the opening rounds.

Now when you think of Mayweather's style he has struggled with southpaws in the past. Furthermore its not always his most skilled opponents that have given him his toughest fights. Someone like Juan Manuel Marquez or Canelo are far more skilled than Marcos Maiadana but it was Maidana's style of constant pressure and brawling that gave Mayweather the most discomfort. Canelo and JMM didnt give Floyd any problems at all, really. Again Im not trying to compare Conu to Maidana, Im just trying to keep things in perspective for people who think its the most skilled guy who will give Floyd the most problems and "Conor isnt skilled enough"

When you consider those things and take into account that Floyd is a 40 year old man and Conor is a 27 year old, young man you cant help but expect Conor to find some success in this fight even if the final result is him getting completely outboxed in the end. Even Nate Diaz who has been in the cage with Conu and has been in the ring in real sparring with the likes of Andre Ward said that he feels Conu will have a chance in the first 3 rounds against Floyd before Floyd measures and figures him out and I think that will be interesting to see.

For me its not about seeing if Conu can win or lose because we all know his chances of winning are extremely, extremely slim, but its more about seeing where he can find some success which will be impressive to behold. Its great to see an MMA fighter putting the sport into the mainstream like this and getting our sport major exposure on such a grand stage. He will get filthy rich doing this and may have some bright moments in the fight based on the variables which will be exciting to see.

conor-mcgregor-floyd-mayweather-boxing_3466309.jpg

One more thing.. A lot of idiots think that the glove size will make any kind of difference and Floyd will be able to "hide behind his big gloves" you morons please dont derail with your thread with such nonsense and lunacy. Floyd doesnt use a conventional blocking style. He uses footwork and angles to stepd off and bob and weave, slide back and counter with his right, and shoulder rolls to stay out of the way of punches. He would find the angles and counters on Conor even with small gloves or even if they slap boxed. Please keep that noob ass opinion out of this thread. The gloves make no difference here.

He's been getting slapped around by fighters who don't have 5% of of the skill of Floyd lol

no, no he cannot.

you're comparing an olympic medalist and 49-0 professional, who despite his age has not shown even an ounce of deterioration, to a guy who has no amateur or pro boxing credentials, but has been at times outboxed by nate diaz. yes, i'm sure he will find success against mayweather.

conor would get murdered by any top 50 boxer around his weight, never mind floyd.

no, no he cannot.

you're comparing an olympic medalist and 49-0 professional, who despite his age has not shown even an ounce of deterioration, to a guy who has no amateur or pro boxing credentials, but has been at times outboxed by nate diaz. yes, i'm sure he will find success against mayweather.

conor would get murdered by any top 50 boxer around his weight, never mind floyd.

Not shown an ounce of deterioration?

Utter nonsense.

Not that it would make a single bit of difference in this joke of a fight but he has obviously aged in many ways. His skills are still ridiculous but that is because he is able to adapt to how his body and timing has changed over his decades in the ring. If you think the Floyd that for Berto is the same exact guy physically as the Floyd that fought Corrales you are delusional.

Nah. He won't find much success at all. Any success will come from awkwardly trying to maul Floyd when he stumbles into a clinch. Long arms don't mean shit when the skill gap is this wide. Floyd didn't struggle one bit with Guerrero who was a southpaw and Guerrero is a much better boxer than Conor is. No matter how you try and spin it and find ways for Conor to win, Floyd has already dealt with and dispatched a far superior practitioner of the same tactic.

Utter nonsense.

Not that it would make a single bit of difference in this joke of a fight but he has obviously aged in many ways. His skills are still ridiculous but that is because he is able to adapt to how his body and timing has changed over his decades in the ring. If you think the Floyd that for Berto is the same exact guy physically as the Floyd that fought Corrales you are delusional.
poor choice of words on my part - i'm just annoyed by people who will cling on anything and pretend like his age can play a factor here in this fight. obviously floyd at 38 is not the same physically as floyd at 23 (and 130lbs, lol), but his skills and physical abilities are still impeccable.

Utter nonsense.

I think he was saying that only to establish the point. Mayweather showed real deterioration against Berto, I thought. His timing was off. He was still miles better, but not nearly as sharpt.

Floyd is 40 but doesn't the mileage he should have after 49 fights. His footwork is going to make McGregor look foolish.

poor choice of words on my part - i'm just annoyed by people who will cling on anything and pretend like his age can play a factor here in this fight. obviously floyd at 38 is not the same physically as floyd at 23 (and 130lbs, lol), but his skills and physical abilities are still impeccable.

Understood. I agree totally. It's pretty funny that an old Floyd is still too skilled for every other boxer at near weight class. I also think it says a lot about how not draining weight can truly extend the longevity of a fighters career.

Some non-boxer who gassed out in two rounds without boxing gloves on doesn't have a prayer though.

I think he was saying that only to establish the point. Mayweather showed real deterioration against Berto, I thought. His timing was off. He was still miles better, but not nearly as sharpt.

Yeah in several of his recent fights his had moments where he looked off and is often more flat-footed than he was before. Still doesn't lose fights and rarely even loses a single round but he is obviously getting old. Nice that he is just old physically though instead of mentally like punch drunk Sugar Shane or Kirkland or Bradley(after a few more wars).

Understood. I agree totally. It's pretty funny that an old Floyd is still too skilled for every other boxer at near weight class. I also think it says a lot about how not draining weight can truly extend the longevity of a fighters career.

Some non-boxer who gassed out in two rounds without boxing gloves on doesn't have a prayer though.
i think it's both the lack of weight cutting and the way he fights. he obviously trains like a maniac and that takes its toll over the decades, but he takes almost no damage in his fights. yes, a few have landed cleanly on him and stunned him, but i don't remember any fights where he'd take any serious punishment. i think if his hands weren't hurt, he could continue fighting for 5 years easily, and still come out pretty much unscathed.

Nobody who cares about boxing cares. Go away with this nonsense.

Fights like this should not even be allowed.
Is like when Fury was calling out Cain and Cain replied "earn the opportunity".

Fights like this should not even be allowed.
Is like when Fury was calling out Cain and Cain replied "earn the opportunity".
I get what you are saying. But disagree , boxing has always had ties to cross promote .

I think in the old days it aligned with Wrestling (the scripted one ) and this is just a natural extension to it .

Both sports benefit from it , I just hope in the EEUU it takes advantage of the tremendous exposure this is causing

I wanna see Paulie expose Connor before anything else

Just remember 39 have tried and 39 have failed

They were all world class boxers most had belts

Conor is not a boxer and has never fought as a pro

Floyd will embarrass Conor

Conor does not have the gas tank to fight Floyd

I'd be surprised if Conor landed more than 3 punches a round to be honest. Floyd should make him look like a retard.

I do think Conner will be okay in the first 3 or 4 rounds. He will lose those rounds but his chin and the gameplan im sure he will have will allow him to survive. Once the adrenaline dump hits him and floyd times him, it will be brutal and embarassing. I see this fight ending in the 5th with Floyd pinning Conner in the corner and using his head and body like a speed bag till Conner quits or the ref saves him.

I wanna see Paulie expose Connor before anything else

That fight would have made some sense to be honest, problem being that Malinaggi would most likely win and prevent Conor v Floyd happening.

Back