Objectively speaking, Conor from the Max fight Is a superior striker to current Max

yea

and imo max is superior fighter now than conor is.

max can go for 5 rounds HARD where as conor starts breathing heavy come round 3

Ok
I buy it.
Objectively tell me,outside that Connie beat Max once ,in a fight where both fighters got injured in the first round.
How is Connie a superior martial artist comparing with Max today?
Conor can beat people with out eating a single punch. He can starch elite fighters like Aldo in 13 seconds. Or he can put on a masterful performance like the Eddie fight stuffing every TD attempts and just tooling them on the feet.

Max had to tire out Aldo and then trade. It was entertaining, and Max has one hell of a chin. I'm a fan. But he ate a massive amount of hard punches from Aldo.

Please, take that fight style into the cage against Conor. Please, I'd love to see it. Stand and bang with Conor and see how long it lasts.

To answer your question more specifically. Conor has better boxing fundamentals. Conor has way more power. Conor has better timing, and a VASTLY superior understanding an utilization of distance.
Conor is at the very LEAST equal to or better than Max at takedowns and grappling. I would dare say he is probably better actually. I would also say its clear Conor has a higher fight IQ and gameplanning.

Max's only edge is cardio. He has much, much better cardio than Conor. I just dont see that getting him a victory. What some dont understand is you dont need insane cardio when you set the pace by landing brutal counters on your opponent. Max would get caught left right and center. The only question is it his jaw would hold up again.

Max beats a man Conor beat more impressively and everyone loses their minds...the hatred of Conor clouds their judgement.

conor is a one trick pony - slide back, slide in and counter.

Touch of death is myth and hyperbole that ufc tried to shove down everyone's throat. Unless you're running in chin first there is no touch of death.

The mayweather fight showed how much a scrub he is - he is supposed to be one of the if not best boxer in mma and he is joke.

Current Max is diverse, slick and has more than one tool in his shed.

conor is a one trick pony - slide back, slide in and counter.

Touch of death is myth and hyperbole that ufc tried to shove down everyone's throat. Unless you're running in chin first there is no touch of death.

The mayweather fight showed how much a scrub he is - he is supposed to be one of the if not best boxer in mma and he is joke.

Current Max is diverse, slick and has more than one tool in his shed.
well, all the pro boxers, analysts and other boxing minds in attendance would disagree and that tends to hold more weight than the randoms of sherdog who probably don't know much about boxing and are trying to validate a confirmation bias.

That said, Floyd is one of the greats and has been one of my inspirations for a long time. I don't think using him as a frame of reference, at least in the way you're doing produces a very accurate picture.

Conor can beat people with out eating a single punch. He can starch elite fighters like Aldo in 13 seconds. Or he can put on a masterful performance like the Eddie fight stuffing every TD attempts and just tooling them on the feet.

Max had to tire out Aldo and then trade. It was entertaining, and Max has one hell of a chin. I'm a fan. But he ate a massive amount of hard punches from Aldo.

Please, take that fight style into the cage against Conor. Please, I'd love to see it. Stand and bang with Conor and see how long it lasts.

To answer your question more specifically. Conor has better boxing fundamentals. Conor has way more power. Conor has better timing, and a VASTLY superior understanding an utilization of distance.
Conor is at the very LEAST equal to or better than Max at takedowns and grappling. I would dare say he is probably better actually. I would also say its clear Conor has a higher fight IQ and gameplanning.

Max's only edge is cardio. He has much, much better cardio than Conor. I just dont see that getting him a victory. What some dont understand is you dont need insane cardio when you set the pace by landing brutal counters on your opponent. Max would get caught left right and center. The only question is it his jaw would hold up again.

Max beats a man Conor beat more impressively and everyone loses their minds...the hatred of Conor clouds their judgement.
Not feeling ANY objectivity in here.

Conor can beat people with out eating a single punch.”

He got hit in pretty much every single fight he had in the UFC.
Even in the day He starched Aldo he got hit pretty hard in the exchange.
Everybody knows Connie is very ease to hit.

1)you are overrating his power
,he have ONE KO in his record.
His best assets are his control of range and timing.
He is basically Anderson Silva in a hurry.
Main differences are one is boxing oriented and the other MT and Connie have an offensive approach while Anderson is defensive.

Conor is at the very LEAST equal to or better than Max at takedowns and grappling.”

2)Max have more submissions wins and less submissions losses against same or better competition. You can say that Connie have better grappling training partners but we still have to see ANY objective result of his training in actual combat.

I would also say its clear Conor has a higher fight IQ and gameplanning.

3)that’s arguable,he needed two fights and a six months fighting camp to figure Nate Diaz style.
Something that have NO mystery whatsoever.

SO:

He didn’t put a foot Brocken Max to sleep in three rounds and impressively twisted his own ACL trying to
Grapple with him.

And that was training in his own garage Max not the FW undefeated champion Max.

Also people are giving all the credit to Max and almost zero to Connie because one gave Aldo an opportunity to rematch his loss while the other never even thought about even after he himself tell Aldo they would “do it again”.

Max actually PROVED his IS BETTER then Aldo by doing it twice.

Connie left the “naysayers” in doubt if he can repeat the feat.

IMO in a rematch,that is never going to happen,Max is 45/55 against Connie at FW or LW until the end of the second round and the difference will turn in his favor after the end if the second,I would even say he finishes Connie if he passes the storm and puts a beating maybe finishes him with a TKO or a sub since Connie defense and awareness disappears after two rounds.

Conor looks as spectacular as you described him for about 8 minutes. Past this 8 minute mark, he is flat-footed, gulping air like a carp, and has zero finishing ability.

So yes, he would have massive problems with a guy like Max, who rolls with the shots as he piles on the pressure.

Conor looks as spectacular as you described him for about 8 minutes. Past this 8 minute mark, he is flat-footed, gulping air like a carp, and has zero finishing ability.

So yes, he would have massive problems with a guy like Max, who rolls with the shots as he piles on the pressure.
And that was he being objective on the issue...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back