Objectively speaking, Conor from the Max fight Is a superior striker to current Max

MescalineDreams

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Might get some hate / nuthuggery claims from this

But, I'm a long time student of striking / boxing myself.

Conor back then was a superior striker than max Is now. Very clearly In fact.

I could argue that Conor even back then would beat Current max

Which Is why I think It's funny when people say Max definitely beats Conor In a rematch. Comments like that are clearly based In hatred and bias, not In reason or thoughtful analysis.

What do you guys think?

74c03d23-4319-4c65-a574-e92525511cd8-gif.114168

Which Is why I think It's funny when people say Max definitely beats Conor In a rematch. Comments like that are clearly based In hatred and bias, not In reason or thoughtful analysis.

What do you guys think?
I don't think Conor back then is better than Max now, but I do think it's a fight that is worth watching and I wouldn't be surprised to see either have their hand raised.

If I’m looking at the fight unbiased and just straight of what both fighters have shown it’s hard for me not to lean to Max to take a 5 rounder. In that first fight Conor was tagging max and Max wouldn’t go away. In a 5 rder I think Conor gases in 4 and fails to keep up with max and tries his “patented” double leg. Then max sprawls. Gets his back and tkos him. Yeah Conor is more technical but can he keep it up?

Back then Conor had uninjured knees and as a result endless cardio. He has had cardio issues ever since. Current Conor is definitely better, but the Conor in the max fight has some advantages over current Conor.

not even close. I dont buy the max hype whatsoever. beats midgets with his length. Has no defense has a very basic one two spinning back kick while super close to his opponent. Hes overrated as fuck

Back then Conor had uninjured knees and as a result endless cardio. He has had cardio issues ever since. Current Conor is definitely better, but the Conor in the max fight has some advantages over current Conor.
That's a good point actually. Apparently he used to do road work, now he does not.

I heard he also retore his acl leading up to the chad fight. It's fucking 2018, how have they not invented an ACL regeneration serum yet.

I think if he just dedicates more time to his cardio, he could fix It though. Him and floyd and boys now, I would Imagine they've talked and he's gotten some advice from him or others In the boxing community. No better place to get that sort of knowledge from.

There Is more of an emphasis on him fixing that hole In his game than ever

his next fight will be very telling In that sense.

I don't think Conor back then is better than Max now, but I do think it's a fight that is worth watching and I wouldn't be surprised to see either have their hand raised.
Striking wise, he was.

Max has improved his boxing a lot though. Conor back then was the superior striker though If were deeply comparing the two.

Please someone tell me what max does better then conor? Please tell me whats so great about his boxing. Make a reference. Point something out that he actually does that would give conor trouble. Max < conor no question about it

Max is just one of many that Conor will no longer dare to fight.
that's a popular narrative.

but I've been around sherdog since 2006.

This forum Is wrong about most things, almost all the time.

I don't think that will ever change haha

What do you guys think?

I think you are full of shit, but then again, you could be an honest blind nuthugger that just don't know better

Purely in terms of technique perhaps but then again Aldo was arguably outlanding Max for a couple of rounds both times as well, both fights were desided by the latters toughness and cardio which we've seen be issues for Conor with Nate.

Any version of Holloway gets rekt by McGregor

Back