OBI-WAN KENOBI TV Series (Premieres May 27, 2022)

If you have seen the OBI-WAN KENOBI series, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I'd like to see McGregor again. He was a good Ben despite the prequels sucking. Plus he's aged into the role assuming it's set between 3 and 4.

Prequels were weak because of Lucas flaking out with cgi.. And the first had a bad script. They get a little too much hate. A little.

Update: August 17, 2017

OBI-WAN KENOBI Movie in the Works with Stephen Daldry in Talks to Direct

YTjcXlC.png

Stephen Daldry is Star Wars’ new hope. The Oscar-nominated director behind Billy Elliot and The Hours is in early talks to direct a Star Wars standalone movie centering on Obi-Wan Kenobi, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Sources say talks are at the earliest of stages and that the project has no script. If a deal makes, Daldry would oversee the development and writing with Lucasfilm brass. It's not known at this stage if Ewan McGregor will reprise his role.

The Obi-Wan Kenobi standalone is one of several projects being developed by Lucasfilm and Disney that fall outside the trilogies telling the saga of the Skywalker family. A Han Solo movie is now in the final stages of shooting under new director Ron Howard and Lucasfilm is also looking at movies featuring Yoda and bounty hunter Boba Fett, among others.

In the original Star Wars trilogy, Kenobi was at first a desert-dwelling and war-weary hermit who later proved to be a wise and powerful warrior, brandishing a light saber. He was briefly a mentor to a young Luke before being cut down by Darth Vader, his former pupil. Alec Guinness played Kenobi, garnering him an Oscar nomination to boot.

The character got star treatment in the George Lucas-directed prequels which told the origin of Vader and his betrayal of Kenobi and the Jedis. McGregor has said he would be open to playing the character again. Sources stress, however, that since there is no script, no actor is attached.

Daldry hails from the theater world and made his feature debut with Billy Elliot, which netted him his first directing Oscar nomination. He followed that up with searing dramas The Hours and The Reader, which also netted him directing nominations.

He most recently directed episodes of Netflix’s period drama The Crown, which put him into play in this Emmy season.

'Star Wars' Obi-Wan Kenobi Film in the Works (Exclusive)

This is a young Kenobi right, or set during his hiding years? During his hiding he was on Tattooine. How many interesting stories can that be, just cutting down those nomads?

The other McGregor is too old to play a young Kenobi. Conor can probably portray him better.

The fact that they have such a dramatic oriented director is a great sign, imo.

In the new Star Wars comics Marvel puts out, there are some cool stories about Kenobi being on tattooine while Luke is growing up. Dunno where they're gonna go with this but there are possibilities.

I'd like to know his lineage... Show his parents & how they gave him to the Jedi order as a 6 month old... trained by Yoda, & then turned over to Qui-Gon. Would prefer a teen Obi story to follow up that back story & be the majority of the movie from there. Great excuse to give Qui-Gon Jinn some more face time on camera too! :D

If make-up can at least match the look Mcgregor had in the first ep, they could bring Mac in at the end to tie right in to Ep 1.

I've all ready talked about this, but I'll add it here too that it would be cool to show the relationship with Satine... & reveal that they had a child. Him & Qui-Gon were her protectors for a year & Obi was willing to give up the Jedi order to be with her... so it makes sense that they probably hooked up.

Their child or grandchild could be a major player in the main series. Rey could very easily be their grand-daughter... but anyone with Kenobi blood would be pretty cool imo. maybe even someone else all ready known & don't expect. Like mind blown when that character turnz out to be a Kenobi.

If it starts with him as a child, with his adopted parents on some dirt planet I'm going to leave the fucking theater.
He waz turned over to the Jedi order at 6 months old... so that won't happen.

Sith movie would be amazing. I think Rogue One showed everyone with that Vader/Jason Voorhees scene, how bloodthirsty the Star Wars fans are. We wanna see some dark, twisted stuff!
It really seems to be what people gravitate toward. In 4 - 6 "the Big Bad"... was really big & bad. There was an ominous feel to the Big Bad... where-as the prequils didn't have that same ominous feel to their villains. God help me for bringing this up again... but to be honest... the plot of 4 -6 is completely boring as an overall plot. The good guys want to get the bad guys & vise versa. That's literally it. Everything else is Character driven.

It reminds me of the people who like the original godzilla more than modern versions. The laughable graphics are so dated... & seemingly one of the only good actors is the narrator. What the original movie had though waz that Godzilla was ominous. He was the big bad. Modern Godzilla movies are more plot driven... & even have humor in it. the original had an ominous feeling throughout. No room for comic relief there.

I think that ominous feeling is so powerful that it makes some people not even enjoy a great story like the Star Wars prequils delivered... as they don't have that same ominous feeling. So to your point. A sith movie would hit home... but they'd have to do it right. You wouldn't want comic relief in there. You'd want to make it so damn dark & ominous that it would give everyone the creeps.... & then it would hit home.

Just my opinion. Hopefully I don't get to brutally attacked again for mentioning that the prequils were much better than 4 - 6 imo :D

for mentioning that the prequils were much better than 4 - 6 imo

<Kpop775>
He is one of my best buds in this place but this triggers me just as much as anyone. :D

Must resist.. arrghhh

I still need to say something just that his favorite line is "I got the high-ground!" and for good measure his favorite movie of the alien franchise is AVP 1. :D

Ok done, here buddy I helped, payback for the Judge Dredd thread.

<Kpop775>
He is one of my best buds in this place but this triggers me just as much as anyone. :D

Must resist.. arrghhh

I still need to say something just that his favorite line is "I got the high-ground!" and for good measure his favorite movie of the alien franchise is AVP 1. :D

Ok done, here buddy I helped, payback for the Judge Dredd thread.
Thanx for being gentle... & yes my favorite movie of the Alien franchise is AVP1. :cool:

However, I've never said anything about "I got the high-ground" being my favorite line. I would expect misunderstandingz like this from someone who gave a low rating to Suicide Squad though.

<{nope}>

Jar Jar Binks?
Darth Jar Jar is actually the mastermind behind the whole thing. Snoke included.

iu

He was sitting behind a tree as a young Palpatine spoke of his dreams to move into the government. Sensing his force abilities Jar Jar used Sith force to manipulated the pure & innocent kid's ambitions through dreams & thought manipulation. Palpatine waz a puppet throughout his early development & eventually Jar Jar put him in the care of his apprentice Darth Plagueis. Using the ultimate disguise of playing the fool, Darth Jar Jar waz the engineer behind the entire Empire... even being the one who put Palpatine into power over the Senate.

The whole time working on his end game apprentice Snoke. At one point Snoke tried to overthrow Jar Jar & ended up with a light saber in his cheek & several places in his neck. Burned to deformity & on the edge of death, he pledged his allegiance to the all powerful one, trading his very soul for glamour & the fame of being the face of the new world order.

Make no mistake though... Jar Jar is behind it all.

Thanx for being gentle... & yes my favorite movie of the Alien franchise is AVP1. :cool:

However, I've never said anything about "I got the high-ground" being my favorite line. I would expect misunderstandingz like this from someone who gave a low rating to Suicide Squad though.

<{nope}>

Eh might as well be.. :D

Also how much riot will we have if we find out Snoke is Jar Jar deformed by the dark side. :D

Darth Jar Jar is actually the mastermind behind the whole thing. Snoke included.

iu

He was sitting behind a tree as a young Palpatine spoke of his dreams to move into the government. Sensing his force abilities Jar Jar used Sith force to manipulated the pure & innocent kid's ambitions through dreams & thought manipulation. Palpatine waz a puppet throughout his early development & eventually Jar Jar put him in the care of his apprentice Darth Plagueis. Using the ultimate disguise of playing the fool, Darth Jar Jar waz the engineer behind the entire Empire... even being the one who put Palpatine into power over the Senate.

The whole time working on his end game apprentice Snoke. At one point Snoke tried to overthrow Jar Jar & ended up with a light saber in his cheek & several places in his neck. Burned to deformity & on the edge of death, he pledged his allegiance to the all powerful one, trading his very soul for glamour & the fame of being the face of the new world order.

Make no mistake though... Jar Jar is behind it all.
Ha, awesome. Can't wait to see Snoke chat with Jar Jar via hologram

Eh might as well be.. :D

Also how much riot will we have if we find out Snoke is Jar Jar deformed by the dark side. :D
Darth Jar Jar is all powerful, so it wouldn't surprise me if he could shape shift.

The deformity is just a tactic he decided to put on. :cool: our minds could never grasp the depth of why he would use that form, but then again, he surprised us all with his playing the fool while being the true puppet master behind the entire empire.

Ha, awesome. Can't wait to see Snoke chat with Jar Jar via hologram
Haha... I had fun dreaming that BS up... but on the real, there's no doubt there'z more to Jar Jar than the casual observer understandz.

Haha... I had fun dreaming that BS up... but on the real, there's no doubt there'z more to Jar Jar than the casual observer understandz.
Oh for sure, Lucas got scared off when he heard the feedback after Phantom Menace. He was playing the long con and then sold it short

Oh for sure, Lucas got scared off when he heard the feedback after Phantom Menace. He was playing the long con and then sold it short
For sure... but he'z still out there.

I've all ready contacted Disney to make sure they put Darth Jar Jar in the background of one of the Snoke palace scenes sitting back getting a manicure & a back rub by some hot Togrutaz :p

I just read the book recently where they give Jar Jar a quick glance, in the After Math trilogy, now he's a sad clown in the streets trying to entertain the children for money. Other than that, the books were very good. Currently I'm actually reading The Force Awakens, just to see how it was actually written. Trying to read all the canon stories, even read the C3P0 comic where he gets his red arm. Must say, the comics by Marvel are actually pretty good. The current Vader series is good, where you get to see him kick ass to find a kyber crystal

Don't be so sure that a Gungan film wouldn't have a strong appeal to young children. Children's movies make big money.

Maybe. But I wager Disney is wisely ignoring the prequels for the most part. So far the new Star Wars movies haven't been kid oriented.

This is a young Kenobi right, or set during his hiding years? During his hiding he was on Tattooine. How many interesting stories can that be, just cutting down those nomads?

The other McGregor is too old to play a young Kenobi. Conor can probably portray him better.

I would write it that Darth sensed Luke and sent some squads after him, Obi had to protect Luke while remaining somewhat hidden.

Back