Obama Portrait artist - Kehinde Wiley controversy

Obama is unemployed currently.

Also, that wasn't the only person in American making racist comments about Obama.

Obama hired an artist who has painted pictures of black people holding severed white heas. You cannot possibly defend these black supremacists anymore. It’s fuckinf disgusting

PA_NPG_18_55_Obama_R.jpg

@Pseudo Sane I think we need the painting in the your first post.

The painting is not that bad, it's kinda of cool but not really. I'm not a fan of modern, contemporary arts anyway. And TS posting Caravaggio, oh boy that's was just cruel. I'm always stunned and depressed to remember we moved from artists like Caravaggio and Rembrandt to "artists" painting colorful strips on a canvas and calling it art.

I do have a problem with Obama's artist choice. If the artists himself acknowledged that it's a racial thing, a "kill withey thing" then we have a big problem. Did they know and not cared? Or did they pick the guy just because he's black? Either way, an artist like that shouldn't be near the former POTUS and FLOTUS. But now he's eternalized with the Obamas.

I don't know why anyone would compare him to Caravaggio. He should be compared to the artists who painted previous Presidents and other notable people. Though since this guy's work is obviously not just a portrait, it has some expressive elements going on to.

Obama hired an artist who has painted pictures of black people holding severed white heas. You cannot possibly defend these black supremacists anymore. It’s fuckinf disgusting

The picture you're referring to is a reference to biblical scripture,

The story of Holofernes and Judith.

The artist in question is known to use ordinary people off the street as models for his work.

I've heard some interviews from the artist and he doesn't strike me as the overtly racist black power type.

He's more of a fruity high art type of guy.

From what I've gathered, the paintings aren't a kill whitey thing, but a reference to scripture.

The beheaded "woman" isn't a woman at all but a Babylonian general that was decapitated by Judith.
Did you not read the OP or the interview posted? He said it was sort of kill the withey thing while using the Judith famous story as a theme.

Did you not read the OP or the interview posted? He said it was sort of kill the withey thing while using the Judith famous story as a theme.

It was a reference too, sure.

I don't think it's supposed to be taken literal though, it's "high art".

So the artist's claim to fame is taking famous portraits from white culture and redoing them, but replacing the models with Black people. That's cultural appropriation :D

[/QUOTE]

Seriously though, somebody in the other thread said the artist was a Black Hebrew Israelite. If that's true that's not a good look as they are a Black separatist hate group.

i'm more concerned about the total capitulation of the media to the messiah figure of obama. it's like everybody is hit with schizophrenia. closing in on north korea levels of worship. and for a bland and mediocre president no less.

The artist in question is known to use ordinary people off the street as models for his work.

I've heard some interviews from the artist and he doesn't strike me as the overtly racist black power type.

And that redhead idiot comedians picture was a reference to biblical scripture. It is unacceptable to promote racism like the artist and the Obama family has done. This is 2018 and this shit should have ended a long time ago.

And that redhead idiot comedians picture was a reference to biblical scripture. It is unacceptable to promote racism like the artist and the Obama family has done. This is 2018 and this shit should have ended a long time ago.

No it was just bad performance art.

It was a reference too, sure.

I don't think it's supposed to be taken literal though, it's "high art".
It's art, not literal but he decided to make it a racial thing. That was his choice, his vision.

I like the Obama portrait aside from the background.

The real story here is Michelle's portrait. That shit is embarrassingly inaccurate.

Yea except how he only paints black people, and paints black people holding severed white heads to give it a, in his words, a "kill whitey" feel to it... nothing racist about that.

Trump should go find an artist who specializes in painting whites hanging blacks to do his portrait.

I don't know why anyone would compare him to Caravaggio. He should be compared to the artists who painted previous Presidents and other notable people. Though since this guy's work is obviously not just a portrait, it has some expressive elements going on to.

It’s not his Obama portrait that is compared to Caravaggio, but his earlier paintings which depict the same subject matter.

Add one more thing to the list of bizarre things the right gets rustled about LOL

Back