Obama Portrait artist - Kehinde Wiley controversy

the-national-portrait-gallery-unveils-official-portraits-of-former-president1.jpg

Whoa, that IS racist!

Michelle was just being blunt. To the right that makers her uppity, and the right hates uppity or outspoken Blacks. The right only wants passive docile Blacks who will accept and be content with White dominance. They hate the Obamas, like they hate any liberal or Democrat Black politician, because they (the right) perceives the Obamas as not accepting America as a country where White rule should not be questioned.

White rule has been gone for a long time. It has to do with Michelle’s racism against white people and her intolerance for other peoples beliefs.

It’s 2018 and time to get over it. Michelle has never even experienced racism or this bullshit passiveness you talk about. People like you are the problem.

That floral background shit looks like trash.

White rule has been gone for a long time. It has to do with Michelle’s racism against white people and her intolerance for other peoples beliefs.

It’s 2018 and time to get over it. Michelle has never even experienced racism or this bullshit passiveness you talk about. People like you are the problem.
<Dany07>

They called her an ape dude.

Artist is a racist. Portraying Michelle as a angry black women.

Why is Christianity so popular in Africa?

For example, there are more practicing Anglicans in Africa than in the UK at this point.

Are Subsaharan Africans just more open-minded?

Also, where in the old testament did semities demonize dark-skinned people? Not saying it didn't happen, just curious what you are referring to.

I might have been wrong about it being explicitly instructed in the O.T. I was thinking of the Curse of Ham. Centuries later, some Jews, Muslims and Christians, did come to explain black skin, as being evidence of the Curse of Ham.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_and_mark_of_Cain

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_and_mark_of_Cain

Why Africans embraced Christianity?
Apart from Colonialism , because Africans are not as racially cognizant in matters of religion, as MENA and Europe were and are. Why do so many Blacks believe in Islam despite Islam being racist and Muslims being the biggest slave holders in Africa. Asians , while being racially cognizant, also admire Whites, so they accept Christianity. If Jesus was Bantu, Asians would be far less receptive to Christianity. Christianity's message is part of the appeal but so to is race, because even a popular message can not get much traction if the person delivering the message is dark skinned or looks Black. In most of Eurasia, dark skin is hated or looked down upon.

I know it's not relevant today, but John Sinclair - who was the manager of the protopunk bands MC5, Iggy Pop and the Stooges, my dad's band the Up and a self proclaimed communist revolutionary in the late 60's - was busted with two joints, and was sentenced to 10 years.

John Lennon, Stevie Wonder, my dad's band and some others organized a concert/event called "Ten for Two", and Sinclair was eventually released due to national coverage.

(my dad's band is in the beginning, he's on drums :p)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Sinclair_Freedom_Rally

ColorfulVainIberianmidwifetoad-size_restricted.gif

It's origins go back to the Sumerian epic of Gilgamesh. The conquering Semites adopted the Sumeria creation myth and then over time fashioned the Abrahamic religion. It may technically have a lot to owe to Egyptian religious ideas, but people don't generally associate Egypt with African culture, because the later alludes to SubSaharan Africans.
I know, but I ain't talking about the pre Jesus mythology

PA_NPG_18_55_Obama_R.jpg

@Pseudo Sane I think we need the painting in the your first post.

The painting is not that bad, it's kinda of cool but not really. I'm not a fan of modern, contemporary arts anyway. And TS posting Caravaggio, oh boy that's was just cruel. I'm always stunned and depressed to remember we moved from artists like Caravaggio and Rembrandt to "artists" painting colorful strips on a canvas and calling it art.

I do have a problem with Obama's artist choice. If the artists himself acknowledged that it's a racial thing, a "kill withey thing" then we have a big problem. Did they know and not cared? Or did they pick the guy just because he's black? Either way, an artist like that shouldn't be near the former POTUS and FLOTUS. But now he's eternalized with the Obamas.

They're attacking the artist, which is fine. Accusing the Obama's of racism is retarded because of the artist chosen. This is what people find important?

What else is going on in the country in terms of racism that they should be concerned about? Oh right...
th
th

The painting is ugly. I don’t know much about modern art but I know I don’t like that.

Racist? Don’t know about that. I’d say hiring a racist painter says less than appointing a racist attorney general. But I’d also say people can overlook character flaws and personal ideaology if they think another person will do a good job.

so if Trump picked an artist that painted Nazi stuff, nobody would have a problem w/ that?

I seriously doubt that would be the case

Racist? Don’t know about that. I’d say hiring a racist painter says less than appointing a racist attorney general.

Are you trying to claim an Attorney General should be held to a different standard than a painter?!

PA_NPG_18_55_Obama_R.jpg

@Pseudo Sane I think we need the painting in the your first post.

The painting is not that bad, it's kinda of cool but not really. I'm not a fan of modern, contemporary arts anyway. And TS posting Caravaggio, oh boy that's was just cruel. I'm always stunned and depressed to remember we moved from artists like Caravaggio and Rembrandt to "artists" painting colorful strips on a canvas and calling it art.

I do have a problem with Obama's artist choice. If the artists himself acknowledged that it's a racial thing, a "kill withey thing" then we have a big problem. Did they know and not cared? Or did they pick the guy just because he's black? Either way, an artist like that shouldn't be near the former POTUS and FLOTUS. But now he's eternalized with the Obamas.

From what I've gathered, the paintings aren't a kill whitey thing, but a reference to scripture.

The beheaded "woman" isn't a woman at all but a Babylonian general that was decapitated by Judith.

Are you trying to claim an Attorney General should be held to a different standard than a painter?!

On second thought, no. This painting is clearly scarring many Americans and in this thread alone it’s done more mental damage than the highest ranking law enforcer ever could.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back