Obama called Libya a sh*t show....

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Bloodworth, Jan 12, 2018.

1. PrinceOfPain

PrinceOfPain Silver Belt

Yep, it was a mess.
    Unfortunately, the blood-thirsty Obama, much like Bush before him, left the world in a far worse state than he found it in when he took the American presidency.

Dalarna3, bufetadanacara and Tobacco like this.
  2. Viva

Viva Dragon Energy

No doubt the context differs in each respective case of "imperialism". Isolationism in the past might have been an unobtainable ideal based on an assortment of reasons, but in the contemporary world it's hard for me to defend any sort of form of military intervention as there's always seemingly underlying motives that are purposefully withheld to make invasive actions seem morally acceptable.

Can't argue with that. I'd argue that since the US' inception we've had no legitimate reason to waste our resources and kill our young men in the name of foreign affairs.

3. tonni

tonni Yellow Card Yellow Card

American Imperialism seems fit.

HomerThompson likes this.
  4. Trotsky

Trotsky Social Capitalist / Capitalistic Communist

I have prodded and still been unable to elicit an actual philosophical distinction for neocons. Even historically, it seems to had quickly become a misnomer, as the neoconservative platform wasn't "neo" at all, but in fact more conservative than previous conservative generations.

Like, if it were being applied to Hillary Clinton, it would at least make etymological sense.

5. InternetHero

InternetHero Titanium Belt

I have no problem declaring the term as useless.

From what I have read it was generally a way to try and zero-in on the Weekly Standard variety of educated, fiscal Conservatives with aggressive foreign policy views and a kind of "compassionate Conservative" set of reform minded views about future American society.

During and after the 2nd Iraq war though the term spun out of control to mean literally anyone who is in favor of any form of preemptive and interventionist policy, and of course as a pejorative.

That said, how about we start a campaign to retire the term and create a better and more accurate set of terms?

6. hillelslovak87

hillelslovak87 Silver Belt

Yeah, I'm going to place the terrible conditions in Libya more on Gaddafi than the USA. We didn't help, but we were not the principle creators of the situation in the first place.

7. InternetHero

Hmm, imperialism is a bit of a loaded term, but I have no real logical or moral complaints besides the possibility of the idea being overly emotional for some to handle.

In other words the shoe fits.

As well we can always attach "neu" to the front of the word if future mutations of the philosophy emerge.

8. M3t4tr0n

M3t4tr0n Globalist Deep State Soros Bot

Bu bu but time once again ;)

9. Trotsky

Trotsky Social Capitalist / Capitalistic Communist

I had thought I read that it was originally used to describe up and coming blue dog liberal types who had become disenchanted with foreign policy inaction in the American left particularly with regard to communism. But, with the marginal difference between D's and R's on domestic economic policy during the 1970s, that seems silly to begin with. From wiki:

But that definition is completely inconsistent with the persons they describe, who were not liberal at all, as GWB's administration were big government Reaganites.

Sounds good. Quasicon it is.

Or Pseudocon.

HomerThompson and InternetHero like this.
  10. InternetHero

Hmm.

I like Quasicon personally.

11. Scrody

Scrody Gold Belt Platinum Member

Libya had one of, if not the, highest standard of living in Africa before Obama and Hillary's fun run.

bufetadanacara and uppercutbus like this.
  12. fonzob1

fonzob1 Red Belt

A "sh*t show?" How racist!

13. hillelslovak87

hillelslovak87 Silver Belt

Yes, and it was still teetering due to Gaddafi and his regime. That being said, Gaddafi was like the cork of a powder keg, and not enough can be said about Hilary Clinton's bloodlust and lack of foresight in taking him out in the way she helped do.

Something had to be done about his actions pertaining to Misrata. A rebellion was bubbling by the time Clinton got her foolish hands on the nation. He straight up said he would defeat NATO on national television, and vowed to defy the International Criminal Court.

Like Iraq, I agree with our leader's aims, but feel their prosecution of the conflict was terrible as to constitute war crimes.

Tobacco likes this.
  14. Tropodan

Tropodan Red Belt

If I were to use the rationale of the left id say that because Obama called Libya a shitshow, he called Libya shit. And therefore called the people of Libya shit.

So Obama thinks Libyans are shit.

There you go lefties I DID IT!!!

Bald1, uppercutbus and ShadowRun like this.
  15. WalkenWouldOwn

WalkenWouldOwn Steel Belt

You are talking to a guy who often says "Obama sounds like Osama, therefore he is a terrorist" and ISN'T being satirical. He legitimately believes Obama is a Muslim terrorist.

Kafir-kun likes this.
  16. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

Obama NEVER wanted to intervene in Libya. He was pushed to by Hillary, Neocons, UK and France. The GOP was critical of Obama's reluctance to overthrow Ghaddafi, that they would derisively say he is "leading from behind".

What a lot of Palecons and old school non-interventionist Conservatives might not admit, is that Obama is very much like them when it comes to foreign intervention. Obama was very reluctant to intervene anywhere, unless it was self-defense, like with Af-Pak.

Kafir-kun and HomerThompson like this.
  17. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

Your rationalization is shit (pun intended). Calling Libya a shitshow is not analogus to Trump's comment. Obama's comment refers to the Civil war and overthrow of Ghaddafi. He never said it is a shit country.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    Kafir-kun and HomerThompson like this.
  18. kahiljabroni

kahiljabroni Brown Belt

Overthrow a leader, leaving a country in ruins and destabilizing the region.

Obama: "whoops my bad", didn't see that coming.

Libs: how mature. ...so much brave....

19. Cuauhtemoc

Cuauhtemoc Red Belt

That guy has the most names I've ever seen

Anung Un Rama and Kafir-kun like this.
  20. Bloodworth

Bloodworth Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

Who had the hard on for Syria?
    Obama asked for war with Syria and 90 percent of Americans at the time were, wtf, Syria???

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018