Obama allowed a global drug network led by Hizbollah smuggle cocaine to the US to secure Iran deal

Ah, now I'm starting to understand.
aryI7VI.gif

Gonna need some evidence of Obama and drugs.

Because the evidence of him droning a metric ass ton of people including an American citizen is somehow less important.

Did you read the article?
The thread/article title is hypebolic. The implication is more that the DEA was sidelined in favour of the CIA and State Department, and those involved (from the DEA) attribute the sidelining to the Iran deal.
It's not that Obama gave Hezbollah open season for transatlantic narco-terrorism. In 2008 the CIA assassinated Hezbollah's head of their "Business Affairs Component" (aka drug and weapons smuggling) Imad Mughniyeh, in collaboration with Israeli agencies, and the details of this were "leaked"/publicised at the peak of the Iran negotiations in 2015 (when Israel killed his son, Jihad Mughniyeh and also an Iranian general).
Again in early 2016 there were also a swathe of arrests of Hezbollah narcoterrorists.
The story actually details more interagency turf wars and bickering, which really isn't surprising at all.

MaltzDerek MaltzSenior DEA official who as head of Special Operations Division lobbied for support for Project Cassandra and its investigations., the longtime head of DEA Special Operations, who retired two months after the Tampa summit in 2014, has lobbied since then for better interagency cooperation on Hezbollah, to tackle both the terrorist threat and the criminal enterprise that underwrites it.

Turf battles, especially the institutional conflict between law enforcement and intelligence agencies, contributed to the demise of Project Cassandra, Maltz said. But many Project Cassandra agents insist the main reason was a political choice to prioritize the Iranian nuclear agreement over efforts to crack down on Hezbollah.

“They will believe until death that we were shut down because of the Iran deal,” Maltz said. “My gut feeling? My instinct as a guy doing this for 28 years is that it certainly contributed to why we got pushed aside and picked apart. There is no doubt in my mind.”

Did you read the article?
The thread/article title is hypebolic. The implication is more that the DEA was sidelined in favour of the CIA and State Department, and those involved (from the DEA) attribute the sidelining to the Iran deal.
It's not that Obama gave Hezbollah open season for transatlantic narco-terrorism. In 2008 the CIA assassinated Hezbollah's head of their "Business Affairs Component" (aka drug and weapons smuggling) Imad Mughniyeh, in collaboration with Israeli agencies, and the details of this were "leaked"/publicised at the peak of the Iran negotiations in 2015 (when Israel killed his son, Jihad Mughniyeh and also an Iranian general).
Again in early 2016 there were also a swathe of arrests of Hezbollah narcoterrorists.
The story actually details more interagency turf wars and bickering, which really isn't surprising at all.

Nobody is going to care because it's Obama.
Dude is a God for some reason, might have something to do with the color of his skin even though he's half white.

Picture Trump doing the same thing and get back to me.

CIA has been killing people for years. It's nothing new. Turf wars between CIA running drugs and DEA trying to stop them is nothing new either.

The new thing is a President that doesn't want that shit anymore.
I fully expect Trump to get CIA-ed.

Nobody is going to care because it's Obama.
Dude is a God for some reason, might have something to do with the color of his skin even though he's half white.

Picture Trump doing the same thing and get back to me.

CIA has been killing people for years. It's nothing new. Turf wars between CIA running drugs and DEA trying to stop them is nothing new either.

The new thing is a President that doesn't want that shit anymore.
I fully expect Trump to get CIA-ed.

Are you joking? Didn't he nominate Pompeo? You think Pompeo is going to stand up against special interests?

Are you joking? Didn't he nominate Pompeo? You think Pompeo is going to stand up against special interests?

No, I said I fully expect Trump to get CIA'ed.
For standing up against 'special interests'

But I'm not so sure anymore. Dick was up with Saudi Arabia.

I still don't get it. They don't have more oil than us and it's not like we couldn't take it.

TS makes it sound as though more cocaine is a bad thing....

Different culture, hard to judge.

There is much more in this great article:
This is utterly despicable, the deal with Iran was more important than crushing a global drug network and they allowed them to smuggle cocaine into the U.S.
Hezbollah has been an international crime organization for a while now. The connections they have around the world and not just in this country should cause people to pay more attention, but we don’t. From cars, cocaine from the Tori-country area of South America, cigarettes and the abuse of charity orgs, all these have happened in this country and have been successfuly prosecuted.

But just in the past couple of years the way a terrorist, like Hezbollah, has changed. Iran does have an interest in keeping Hezbollah healthy and alive, but much of the funding for such activities in the article might not have come directly from Iran.

This nuke agreement is way more important then cocaine.

There is much more in this great article:
This is utterly despicable, the deal with Iran was more important than crushing a global drug network and they allowed them to smuggle cocaine into the U.S.
The very first example that this article gives is of the Canadian Lebanese Bank case. Which was settled in court by the Southern district of New York in a civil forfeiture. So is that considered letting them off the hook? Maybe but I don’t think so.

HSBC had fines levied against it because they were using their Mexico branches to help cartels launder money. Is that letting cartels off the hook?

What's more important: averting a nuclear crisis / and potential war that could have resulted in thousands of deaths or rolling up part of a drugs business that will never go away. The answer is fairly straight forward to me.

Hezbollah used arms from drug money to fight ISIS. If ever there was a good use of illicit finance this is one of them.

Sounds like fake news like how Trump said Obama gave them millions when it was unfreezing their own money invested abroad.

......... He did give them millions. How out of touch do you have to be to say something like that, or to see Congressional testimony as "fake News".

War on drugs is BS anyways. I would prefer cocaine over a nuclear Iran. All this kvetching about Hezbollah trafficking drugs is just useful idiocy for the Jews anyways. Hezbollah is not a terrorist organization anymore.

Gonna need some evidence of Obama and drugs.

Because the evidence of him droning a metric ass ton of people including an American citizen is somehow less important.

You should read the link....

War on drugs is BS anyways. I would prefer cocaine over a nuclear Iran. All this kvetching about Hezbollah trafficking drugs is just useful idiocy for the Jews anyways. Hezbollah is not a terrorist organization anymore.

You're a moron

What's more important: averting a nuclear crisis / and potential war that could have resulted in thousands of deaths or rolling up part of a drugs business that will never go away. The answer is fairly straight forward to me.

Hezbollah used arms from drug money to fight ISIS. If ever there was a good use of illicit finance this is one of them.

Oh, stop it with the "averting a nuclear crisis" nonsense. That's the last thing we did. We gave Iran a gift on a silver platter, and apparently Hezbollah and the Cartels as well, so Obama could talk about his "legacy" which if you paid any attention to his presidency at all was his real driving force and what he was really concerned with.

Back