O Canada: Government set to alter the National Anthem for "gender neutral" purposes.

Arkain2K

Si vis pacem, para bellum
@Steel
Reaction score
O Canada: parliament votes to make national anthem lyrics gender neutral
Reuters in Ottawa | Wed 15 Jun 2016

3500.jpg

Canadian lawmakers have voted to change the country’s national anthem to make the lyrics gender neutral, a move that comes as the new Liberal government focuses on being more inclusive toward women.

The bill would change the English version of O Canada to remove the words “in all thy sons command” and replace them with “in all of us command”.

The changes, brought forward as a private member’s bill by a Liberal party lawmaker, passed easily in the House of Commons, which is controlled by the Liberals. It now goes to the appointed Senate, which generally approves measures passed by the elected House.

The status of women minister, Patty Hajdu, speaking before the vote, said the change was an important step toward ensuring inclusivity in Canada’s cultural symbols.

“I think it’s really important as a very strong symbol of our commitment to gender equality in this country,” she told reporters.

Some Conservative lawmakers opposed the change, which they said was being made without adequate consultation with Canadians. The former Conservative government suggested changes to the anthem’s lyrics in 2010, but backed off after a public outcry.

The song was composed in 1880 and the original lyrics were in French. The English-language version, which is not a direct translation from French, was penned in 1908 and tweaked over the years. It was adopted as Canada’s official anthem in 1980.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ional-anthem-lyrics-gender-neutral-parliament

Last edited:
Well if ot originally was in french it should be changed. French is the language of surrender

I would have suggested changing it to another version of Oh Sherrie.

You should've been gone
Knowing how I made you feel
And I should've been gone
After all your words of steel
Oh, I must've been a dreamer
And I must've been someone else
And we should've been over

Oh, Canada, our love
Holds on, holds on
Oh, Canada, our love
Holds on, holds on

This will be Canada's new national anthem under Trudummy.

More pandering from the left. More campus feminism creeping into the government.

And here we go...anti she movement making a big deal over nothing and acting like the sky is falling.

Congrats Canada! I can end my personal boycott of your country! This is a change that is a long long long time coming.

i just had another thought though. whenever we talk about a country, we usually call it "her." are you guys gonna change that too?

Hrm...

"The bill would change the English version of O Canada to remove the words “in all thy sons command” and replace them with “in all of us command”."

Is it just me, or did they change it to something that doesn't 100% make sense?

Well if ot originally was in french it should be changed. French is the language of surrender

If you are going to make jokes on history, or statements or assertions based on history, read some fuckin history.

That was a quote from the following video, btw, it's not from me.

So, here, you are welcome, go educate yourself for 8 minutes, instead of making yourself look like a total fuckin twat (also a quote from the vid) :

If you are going to make jokes on history, or statements or assertions based on history, read some fuckin history.

That was a quote from the following video, btw, it's not from me.

So, here, you are welcome, go educate yourself for 8 minutes, instead of making yourself look like a total fuckin twat (also a quote from the vid) :

No one cares about you cheese eating surrender monkeys

Funny_Pictures_this-is-probably-the-most-murica-action-figure-ever_14024.jpeg

^^^^^^^
Whatever floats your boat breh.

But did you even watch the vid, between two bowls of freedom fries, you fat f*ck ?

should def let Drake write a new national anthem. Could have Biebs sing harmonies in the background. Shit goes plat in under 3 hours.

Last edited:
^^^^^^^
Whatever floats your boat breh.

But did you even watch the vid, between two bowls of freedom fries, you fat f*ck ?

being on a mma forum one would think you know well you are only as good as your last fight.

Lets face facts the last big fight the frogs were in they folded like bitched gave up quickly surrendered in the most pathetic fashion and then collaborated with the facist nazi trash, failure and cowardice does not get any bigger then that. So for all their previous war mongering, when the really really big one came they face planted into their vaginas.

That's our country. We are VERY PC, VERY Liberal.

Back