NYT using sailors deaths as opportunity to push agenda

• Thread starter Deleted member 196663
  • Start date
as for grenade launchers, I have a 203 personally (don't ask) but I'm more of a MK 19 guy personally

when in doubt, wreck the whole shop
You aren't carrying that Mk 19 with you on your back. And mounted, I'll take a .50 cal any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Especially in Afghanistan where the mountains create issues with getting those 40mm grenades on target.

Yeah I think the big difference between the SAW and 240 comes down to the fact that I still had to make entry and clear buildings with the SAW, while the 240 is more of a legitimate machine gun role for the squad. The SAW just gets you some extra rounds downrange when gaining fire superiority.

Yeah nobody seemed to like the M320, but my only experience firing it was on a range with smoke and TP. There were a few M203s in my company but several guys just got the M320 instead. The ones with the 203s got some extra sight attachment but I can't remember it's name.
You guys put a SAW in your stack? I'll put a SCAR in a stack, but never an open bolt weapons system.

No one likes the 320 unless they're using it like an old M79. Haha, thing is garbage.

You aren't carrying that Mk 19 with you on your back. And mounted, I'll take a .50 cal any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Especially in Afghanistan where the mountains create issues with getting those 40mm grenades on target.
man I was pog'd out to the max, I only ever shot either in training/the field. I did get the Schuztenschnur and we used the Panzerfaust instead of the MG3, good times.

I'd much rather carry the USMC's M27 IAR over the SAW any day, granted it has a much smaller magazine size originally

Should only allow immigration from countries inside this box

GTlpSi6.png

I don't see how that relates at all.

Really?

They find the one instance where the story seems to fit their narrative and they run with it when the norm is the opposite.

Really?

They find the one instance where the story seems to fit their narrative and they run with it when the norm is the opposite.
There is no "one instance" of ethnic diversity in the Navy. If you served you would realize how weird your statement sounds.

is being an immigrant / 2nd gen not a part of who they are? is the NYT not allowed to state the facts? whats the opposite of trying to enforce and silence using PC agenda?
You can point to facts and pretend that's what the article is about, but you'd be lying to yourself. The purpose of the article is to "celebrate diversity". It's not to remember these sailors or to honor them as individuals. This isn't even a debate. Read the title FFS.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 240 is awesome. I always loved the SAW as well because it's so portable. You can slam it down and rip, whereas the 240 takes a little more effort to get situated.

I don't know anyone who thought the 203 needed to be improved upon. We ended up adopting the M320, and I don't think it was better than the 203. It's just so much more cumbersome when attached. The last thing you need is more shit that can catch on your kit or whatever else you have with you.
I haated the SAW with a passion. It always jammed. I didn't like the 240 either. I just wasn't good at controlling its kick. It was like a jackhammer to me. I loved the M60, but only got to fire it in basic. Soo comfortable to fire.

I haated the SAW with a passion. It always jammed. I didn't like the 240 either. I just wasn't good at controlling its kick. It was like a jackhammer to me. I loved the M60, but only got to fire it in basic. Soo comfortable to fire.

"using this sir, is like trying to buttfuck a virgin underage Phuket whore with chalk... when clearly KY is needed"

The NY Times is no different than the rags that headline "Elvis is alive and living with me".

Most all conservatives support legal immigration of people that want to become American and love and support the country that gave them a better life.

There is no "one instance" of ethnic diversity in the Navy. If you served you would realize how weird your statement sounds.

Lol, at this going over your head and trying this card. This is missing match you ain't got the dick for

is being an immigrant / 2nd gen not a part of who they are? is the NYT not allowed to state the facts? whats the opposite of trying to enforce and silence using PC agenda?

*WARNING as to language used in that clip for the easily triggered*

I think the thing is military members give zero fucks about your background. Yeah, you might be second gen half Japanese but all that matters to them is do you shoot straight, in the right direction, and when push comes to shove are you willing to help your fellow squadmates.

The racial shit only matters when they're ripping on each other.

You can point to facts and pretend that's what the article is about, but you'd be lying to yourself. The purpose of the article is to "celebrate diversity". It's not to remember these sailors or to honor them as individuals.

it seems plain as day to me that both are taking place. i dont even see how it could be argued otherwise.

Back