NYC: Record Drug Bust, Enough Fentanyl to Kill 32 Million People

4479954B00000578-0-image-a-8_1505828329178.jpg

th

What's the alternative? Letting it hit the street doesn't sound great either.
If the resulting violence happens amongst the dealers, while not good, it seems better than people dying from the product their pedaling.
Am I missing something?

Other than the fact that the drug war is a huge disaster that costs a ton of money and doesnt seem to do anything but cause more destruction no you arent missing much,

Here in BC where I live, already over 900 people here have died of fentanyl since Jan 1st. Expected to be well over 1000 by the end of the year.

Other than the fact that the drug war is a huge disaster that costs a ton of money and doesnt seem to do anything but cause more destruction no you arent missing much,
Could be a darned if you darned if you don't scenario, no matter which one you run with the opposing side can win the argument till they run there's.
Messing people's lives up because they got caught with pot is over the top but when it comes to the hard stuff I'm not sure what decriminalizing would look like. It's a mess no matter what, we know that.

China is much harsher on drug possession than we are. They execute dealers quickly after a short trial. Same goes for Singapore. Surprise, surprise: drug use is far lower in these countries than in the USA. There is also much less drug-related violence.
If you get caught with drugs in China, they can drug test you for the rest of your life and put you in jail if you fail the test. There was a recent story where the police used facial recognition at a Beer Festival to identify people with prior drug convictions.

Could be a darned if you darned if you don't scenario, no matter which one you run with the opposing side can win the argument till they run there's.
Messing people's lives up because they got caught with pot is over the top but when it comes to the hard stuff I'm not sure what decriminalizing would look like. It's a mess no matter what, we know that.

Portugal looks like its working out alright. I dont want hard drugs to be over the counter at 7 11 but I dont want to pay to lock those people up either and I think drugs should be treated asa medical issue not a legal one

For most of human civ drugs were available and it wasnt the end of the world but the black markets that come with them being illegal are really vile and we should do what we can do keep money out of the hands of cartels. Cocaine is against the law but that hasnt stopped americans from doing a shit load of it it just means that the users bought an unclean product and all the proceeds went to the worst people imaginable . At least if there was some kinda legal system you would create taxes save money and not have shit like Fent laced H on the street and im pretty sure all of that would be better than what we have now. Its not a damned if you do damned if you dont situation in the slightest.

• Authorities seized nearly 270 pounds of illicit drugs like fentanyl, heroin and cocaine in a new record-breaking drug bust in New York City
  • Prosecutors said in a shocking statement the amount of fentanyl confiscated from one bust could kill as many as 32 million people
  • Four suspects were arrested in the separate busts over the past several weeks
  • Special Narcotics Prosecutor Bridget Brennan said 'the sheer volume of fentanyl pouring into the city is shocking,' while 'a record number of people are dying'
Edwin Guzman

447BD48600000578-4899286-image-m-41_1505840584315.jpg

Manuel Rivera-Santana

447BD48000000578-4899286-image-a-42_1505840590947.jpg

Rogelio Alvarado-Robles

4479954600000578-0-image-m-7_1505828320433.jpg

Blanca Flores-Solis
4479954B00000578-0-image-a-8_1505828329178.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4899286/Officials-seize-fentanyl-kill-32-million-people.html

All Germans, Brits, Swedes and Greeks I assume.

China is much harsher on drug possession than we are. They execute dealers quickly after a short trial. Same goes for Singapore. Surprise, surprise: drug use is far lower in these countries than in the USA. There is also much less drug-related violence.
LMAO, we should definitely be more like China and Singapore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back