NY Times article on college women & hook ups

people just need some sexual release, what better way than for consenting adults to do so.

never understood labelling women in such ways.. just shows how subjective, sexist and bigoted a lot of people in society are.

Read post #19. In this specific case her reasons are so transparent and clearly just an excuse she is trying to convince herself of to justify the situation.

I have no problem with what she is doing, just the bullshit way she is trying to justify it.

Oh shit! He mad!

apocalypse_now_robert_duvall.jpg

I love the smell of recent heartbreak in the morning!

Ok so maybe he was heartbroken. You've pointed out something hurtful but for what reason? What has this accomplished? Does his possible heartbreak make his point any less true?

Take this as you will but you sound like a good hook up partner for that girl.

Read post #19. In this specific case her reasons are so transparent and clearly just an excuse she is trying to convince herself of to justify the situation.

I have no problem with what she is doing, just the bullshit way she is trying to justify it.

Where is the bullshit? You didn't go to college with girls who were obsessed with their own lives and friends and really didn't want relationships? When I went to college it was mostly the girls trying to get into med school. They didn't want anything that would take time away from studying and all the extracurricular activities they were in.

It was the same in law school. Too much studying and networking to get tied to one person and thus miss better opportunities because you're dealing with their needs.

Is it really impossible to believe that she just doesn't want to devote the time to an emotional relationship? And as far as the post #19 - that guy has it completely wrong. But he thinks guys "bait" girls into going home with them and having sex. His theory is flawed from the beginning or his ego is insane. You don't have to "bait" girls into sleeping with you. I've been picked up by enough completely unknown women to know that's a crock.

Plenty of women are at bars looking for a sexual partner. No one is baiting them into anything but some guys need to believe that otherwise it diminishes their sexual accomplishments. They can't crow about their conquests if the woman says "I was looking for a guy to sleep with...you just happened to be the first one that I didn't think would kill me later." :D

Where is the bullshit? You didn't go to college with girls who were obsessed with their own lives and friends and really didn't want relationships? When I went to college it was mostly the girls trying to get into med school. They didn't want anything that would take time away from studying and all the extracurricular activities they were in.

It was the same in law school. Too much studying and networking to get tied to one person and thus miss better opportunities because you're dealing with their needs.

Is it really impossible to believe that she just doesn't want to devote the time to an emotional relationship? And as far as the post #19 - that guy has it completely wrong. But he thinks guys "bait" girls into going home with them and having sex. His theory is flawed from the beginning or his ego is insane. You don't have to "bait" girls into sleeping with you. I've been picked up by enough completely unknown women to know that's a crock.

Plenty of women are at bars looking for a sexual partner. No one is baiting them into anything but some guys need to believe that otherwise it diminishes their sexual accomplishments. They can't crow about their conquests if the woman says "I was looking for a guy to sleep with...you just happened to be the first one that I didn't think would kill me later." :D

It's really a semantics argument. This comes up quite a bit in the S+C forum when someone says they don't have time to train more. People get all butthurt and say "anyone can find the time". People look at it as an excuse, but it's really that the person doesn't prioritize training (or in this case a relationship) over other activities in their life. I really don't see why people care when someone says "I don't have time for it" as if someone saying "I don't want to make time for it" is that much different.

It's really a semantics argument. This comes up quite a bit in the S+C forum when someone says they don't have time to train more. People get all butthurt and say "anyone can find the time". People look at it as an excuse, but it's really that the person doesn't prioritize training (or in this case a relationship) over other activities in their life. I really don't see why people care when someone says "I don't have time for it" as if someone saying "I don't want to make time for it" is that much different.

Agreed.

It's just strange, to me, how many people seem to think that there's something abnormal about a woman who doesn't want to make time for an emotional relationship at a specific time in her life. That she can't like sex while prioritizing other things above a relationship. It's the implication that she should either commit to a relationship and all it's time commitments or remain celibate. I simply can't agree with it.

Last edited:
Agreed.

It's just strange, to me, how many people seem to think that there's something abnormal about a woman who doesn't want to make time for an emotional relationship at a specific time in her life. That she can't like sex while prioritizing other things above a relationship. It's the implication that she should either commit to a relationship and all it's time commitments or remain celibate. I simply can't agree with it.

certainly agree with what you're saying, but its just the way perceptions in society are. guys get praised or at worst not criticized for sex outside of relationships (and i dont mean cheating, i mean sex when single) but girls do not. and since many of the single guys who are doing their thing are getting together with girls who are also not in relationships, it presents a rough quandary whereby the guy can rest assured knowing its not going to look bad but the girl has to drink or do something else to reassure herself she can get through it because she knows its not something that is viewed favorably by and large.

Sluts are only good for fucking. Most guys don't want sluts to mother their children.

If you consider what she's doing enough to render her a slut then chances are you'll have no choice but to trust a slut to mother your children.

Face the facts.

funny how everyone calls women sluts but there have to be men to sleep with these women.

what about yourselves, are you ready to denigrate yourselves based on gender and sexual activity?

of course not, for all of the sexists and bigots out there.

This is nothing new. I graduated college in 1991, and it was the same then.

I did pretty well in HS, but I would not say I was a player. I was a popular jock. Between 10th and 12th grade, I had sex with 5 girls, and hooked up with and/or got hand jobs/oral sex or whatever from 12 others. That sounds like a lot, but spaced out over 3 years, it's really not a prolific body of work. That is basically making your way to another chick every other month or so.

When I headed to college I was expecting a slight pick-up in business so to speak, but I was not prepared for the explosion of activity. Especially from the freshmen. It is amazing how differently a girl will behave when she is living on her own for the first time. There were 4 or 5 chicks from my HS that were very well known for keeping their legs together. Great Girls. Great dates. Just not the ones you would want to call up if you were trying to get laid. They went to Clemson as well. And without exception, most of them spent their entire Freshman year on their backs, servicing all manner of penis.

There are very few things more enjoyable than a freshman college chick living away from home for the very first time.

Ok so maybe he was heartbroken. You've pointed out something hurtful but for what reason? What has this accomplished? Does his possible heartbreak make his point any less true?

Take this as you will but you sound like a good hook up partner for that girl.

apocalypse_now_robert_duvall.jpg

I love the smell of butthurt in the morning!

$30 for a year of no annoying pop ads

I hope you're rolling in the dough, because $30 to get rid of pop-up ads is a giant waste of money. Unless you spend your entire life on Sherdog, then maybe.

I hope you're rolling in the dough, because $30 to get rid of pop-up ads is a giant waste of money. Unless you spend your entire life on Sherdog, then maybe.

Haha.. $30 is a huge waste of money... You're a baller aren't you?

Sounds like an excuse that she can't find guys that actually want to date her. Not enough time? Lmao.

Usually you don't hear the girl outright saying casual sex with someone she doesn't particularly like is what she's seeking.

I know one girl in particular who freely admits this and I used to know more than a few in high school. It makes me scratch my head at the fact that people are only now realizing this but I do have the luxury of actually being a part of the generation so whats normal to me is probably is odd to older individuals. When I say luxury I'm referring to the fact that I understand this from an early age, not that I'm necessarily benefiting from it atm, though that may change soon. Why I'm now rambling about my personal life I do not know but I got my point across.

I think her and the reasoning of those like her(male or female) is an excuse. I think the wording of the article compared to the title is pretty idiotic. That's the cliff notes version of what I was getting at.

I only read the first page but it seems like she explicitly says a relationship isn't her priority so while she could make time she just doesn't want to.

I only read the first page but it seems like she explicitly says a relationship isn't her priority so while she could make time she just doesn't want to.

We've been over that ad naseum. Some people just can't grasp the idea that she wouldn't want to.

Last edited:
Back