NXT Takeover: New Orleans AKA Chestlevelopment

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
can we agree the weakest match was the women match
No.

I liked that match a lot. Good psychology, good selling, good spots, no botches, made it look gritty/ realistic compared to some of cartoony spots in the mens’ matches.

A match doesn’t need 15 false finishes to be good.

No.

I liked that match a lot. Good psychology, good selling, good spots, no botches, made it look gritty/ realistic compared to some of cartoony spots in the mens’ matches.

still was the weakest match on this card doesn't mean i didn't like it.

No.

I don't think anyone said it was bad, just out of the 5 matches, it was the weakest.
Still a solid 3-3.5

The heat on Ciampa at the start was amazing. That's what a heel should be.

LTR: What are they saying?
Me: They're calling him a bad word.

10 minutes later

LTR: What are they saying now?
Me: Another bad word.

5 minutes later:

LTR: Is that another bad word?
Me: Actually, that's the same one as last time.

Johnny Wrestling made himself a new fan tonight. Kid fought sleep to stay awake and watch it, marked out hard for the finish, then passed the hell out.

I don't think anyone said it was bad, just out of the 5 matches, it was the weakest.
Still a solid 3-3.5

Agreed, I thought the girls put on a perfectly fine women's match, but it was the weakest of the matches on the card. I expect Asuka/Charlotte to be better and Bliss/Jax to be worse.

some great matches tonight, Adam Cole getting that push

Great show. 4/5 matches were at least **** IMO

johnny gargano can definitely be a nice mid-card white meat babyface
Dude is gonna be a star. He transcends his size. Only thing that can stop him on the main roster is booking. And not even that maybe.

Good ladder match. The spot where VD went up a ladder and then jumped onto Richochet was stupid though. He had basically won.

Still a solid 3-3.5
I actually preferred it to some of the other matches that felt overbooked. Everything in the woman’s match mattered. I prefer that over matches that use power bombs as transition spots. Old school, I guess.

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen someone move as fluidly in the ring as Ricochet

Takeover does ROH better than ROH let alone Impact does Impact.

Ladder match was 4* because too many spots were stupid. Take them out and it would be 5*.

Women’s was not on the level of NXT Takeover. Amber isn’t good enough.

C vs G was awesome, 4.5*.

It was a good card. Strong finally joined the midget alliance. They should have given him one of the tag team belts.

Well, that was the first time I watched a Takeover as it happened....I'm guessing from you guys' reactions that that was one of the best ones ever.

I sure as hell enjoyed it.

Back