Nutrition to recover from training

G

greenocelot

I have been training at open mat for 2-3 hours a day, on top of walking 6 to 8 miles a day, 7 days a week.

I eat about 2500 calories a day, and still lose weight on the amount of calories (this is last fact was niether pertinent or relative). My goal is just to lose weight.

I just wanted to ask, sometimes I feel rundown. What is good nutrition to recover from training?

I have been training at open mat for 2-3 hours a day, on top of walking 6 to 8 miles a day, 7 days a week.

I eat about 2500 calories a day, and still lose weight on the amount of calories (this is last fact was niether pertinent or relative). My goal is just to lose weight.

I just wanted to ask, sometimes I feel rundown. What is good nutrition to recover from training?
How long have you been on a deficit for? If you're training pretty hard while eating at a deficit you're going to feel it.

Wait, you train everyday with no rest days or are you on a 7 days on then 1 day off type arrangement? If the former, then its obvious why you're feeling the dig

01. Take zinc and magnesium, after workout. You lose this minerals during workout.
02. You can try creatine. For some it works, for others not so much.
03. Go for denser foods. After training, you need some good fats for testosterone, you need some carbs for the glicogen in the muscles, and also proteins. Beef, salmon, pork, some sweet potatoes/potatoes, veggies.

Don't lose weight too fast. Eat generally healthy food (fresh, all veggies, all meats, all wholegrains, all nuts, all fruits, all beans, low sugar, low alcohol, no junk food, no candy, no soda, nothing special). If you feel you don't get in enough food then try whole grain macaroni and spaghetti as it is easy to make and easy to eat a lot of, put in a decent amount of meat and veggies in it and extra olive oil.

2-3 hours is a little of training. Are your training partners much bigger?

Don't do that everyday, take one or two days rest (wednesday and sunday for instance), but do your sessions at higher intensity.

And reduce the calorie intake.

Are you taking any days off ?

Diet wise, just make sure you eat clean and make sure your water intake is high (from the way your describing your workouts you want at least 1.5 gallons of water daily).

The only real supplement I take for post MMA soreness/fatigue is Xtend

www.amazon.com/Scivation-Xtend-Watermelon-Madness-Servings/dp/B00M0FLNZY?th=1

I basically live on it, great stuff (reduces soreness/fatigue and gets some electrolytes in my system during and after workouts).

Back