Nunes vs Shevchenko II is the main event for UFC 213

You WMMA haters are hilarious. You act like UFC brass are full of feminist SJWs who are pushing WMMA on everyone, when in reality, none of them give a fuck and they are just creating women's divisions and making them more divisions because that's what sells! People outside of Sherdog enjoy WMMA. They wouldn't do it if it wasn't making money.

It doesn't make money. If it did, the chicks would get their own cards. They're riding the coattails of the men.

It doesn't make money. If it did, the chicks would get their own cards. They're riding the coattails of the men.

We're talking about individul fighters.

And the general public didn't even know who else was fighting on the card when Rousey used to fight.

Women's MMA just came on the scene and fighters like Joanna Jedrzejczyk are hanging out with supermodels and meeting Venus Williams while some of the top men are virtually unknown by the general public. Give it even time and you wont be able to make this claim. But you dont want to give it time because you simply dont like the idea of female fighters.

That's actually an interesting fight though?

Beth not so much
bethe_shaking_dat.gif

If the guys actually fought each other instead of avoiding fights perhaps the anti-WMMA crowd would have less to whine about

We're talking about individul fighters.

And the general public didn't even know who else was fighting on the card when Rousey used to fight.

Women's MMA just came on the scene and fighters like Joanna Jedrzejczyk are hanging out with supermodels and meeting Venus Williams while some of the top men are virtually unknown by the general public. Give it even time and you wont be able to make this claim. But you dont want to give it time because you simply dont like the idea of female fighters.

They're all novelty clown acts who'll be forgotten as soon as they lose, just like your queen ronda. Pride feakshow fights are more relevant. One can't take a chick "fighter" seriously when they'd lose to a local toughman competitor.

They're all novelty clown acts who'll be forgotten as soon as they lose, just like your queen ronda. .

Forgotten as opposed to no one ever even knowing who they are in the first place?

And if im not mistaken even in defeat Ronda remains at the very least the second or third most popular MMA fighter ever. And female MMA has been in the UFC how long? lol

Last edited:
The main event doesn't really matter to me unless there is another fight that deserves the 5 round treatment. I don't expect Lawlor/Cowboy to go the distance so it is what it is.

Besides, that should be a great fight. Nunes comes to bang and Shevchenko knows she can take her into deep water.

Will not buy.
After years of not missing any PPV events at all, recently I have stopped buying cards with WMMA headlining or just too much WMMA on it.

I'm sure I'm not the only one and I'm sure the UFC is losing PPV sales due to this according to the amount of people who are complaining.

I seriously don't get what they are doing here.

Desperate attempt to expand their market to women and testosterone free SJW millenial men I guess.

Forgotten as opposed to no one ever even knowing who they are in the first place?

And if im not mistaken even in defeat Ronda remains at the very least the second or third most popular MMA fighter ever. And female MMA has been in the UFC how long? lol

Sorry champ but you're dreaming with that first sentence.

I don't really care for wmma and I do believe it's being push for other reasons however in this case I don't mine Shevchenko was a legit muay thai fighter has shown that in the ufc and just one by submission and Nunes is coming off a tko victory in like 47 seconds and one by submission in her fight before that these aren't 2 no power has females dancing for 5 rinds theses are legit mma fighters so i will accept this one.

Sorry champ but you're dreaming with that first sentence.

Uhh...most people have no idea who the UFC title holder is in any given division at any given time. They wouldnt even recognize the names if you gave it to them...champ.

Go back and research the PPV buyrates, TV ratings and other metrics for all of the fights you listed that should go above Nunes-Shevchenko. If you conduct objective research, you will find Nunes-Shevchenko has the better metrics. The UFC has all of the data and they can predict which main event will sell more than others--that is why they had Cody-TJ headline at first before Cody's medical issue. Picking the main event is not about emotion or what the hard core fan wants, but what will sell to the casuals. Remember, all of us hard cores loved UFC 211, but it will probably only generate 300,000 buys because Stipe or JDS did not resonate with the casuals.
My research says Ronda was wmma. Holly beating her gave holly a chance to continue what Ronda built but we found out quickly she couldn't. That was the death wmma. You will get your pvz ratings from being on dancing with the stars and nunes-Tate getting good numbers due to the build of the entire 200 card but overall wmma is dead. Ufc is desperately trying to build a new big name fighter buts "it's all over"

Uhh...most people have no idea who the UFC title holder is in any given division at any given time. They wouldnt even recognize the names if you gave it to them...champ.

Sure sweetheart, if you say so LOL.

Back