Nunes vs Shevchenko II is the main event for UFC 213

Perfect !
That means I can watch everything important then turn that crap off and still get to bed early enough to go fishing.

That's some redneck ass shit!

Go back and research the PPV buyrates, TV ratings and other metrics for all of the fights you listed that should go above Nunes-Shevchenko. If you conduct objective research, you will find Nunes-Shevchenko has the better metrics. The UFC has all of the data and they can predict which main event will sell more than others--that is why they had Cody-TJ headline at first before Cody's medical issue. Picking the main event is not about emotion or what the hard core fan wants, but what will sell to the casuals. Remember, all of us hard cores loved UFC 211, but it will probably only generate 300,000 buys because Stipe or JDS did not resonate with the casuals.
If you think nunes is the reason ppvs shes on do well then I got some magic beans to sell you.

Imo Nunes vs Shevchenko II should be the 4th fight on the card. You definitely don't want people walking out before the "main event" begins, a la UFC 200 when people were walking out after Brock's fight. Main events and fight order should be decided on popular appeal, not titles. Me personally, I'd rather watch Whittaker - Romero, Overeem - Werdum and Cowboy - Lawler before the chick fight. Nothing against WMMA, but not all championship fights should be pushed to the front of the queue.

From my understand Brock wanted more $ for main eventing so they did some math and preferred to take a loss at PPV buys because of the leading main event name then pay him what he was asking extra. (Mark said he lost some money when they decided to put them back on co-main)

Now I think they were hoping for a better main event but plans kept sinking, no GSP, no Diaz etc what other plans they had then they lost Cody/TJ and Bisping refused to fight so they said screw it let's push this WMMA angle like last time and have Nunes again.

Whatever this card will do like 300k buys okay max 400k if they promote the shit out of it just cause International Fight Week.

One of the best wmma fights ever. Nunes just beat Ronda and Schev is a fan favorite so It's a no brainer really. I'm not a huge fan of wmma but i can't complain about this one. Nunes and Schev are LEGIT fighters and I'm looking forward to this one.

Valentina and Amanda are the best 135 BUT I have a feeling that this will be a poor fight. @ first 2 minutes they are going to circle each other without punches, Valentina will wait for counter punches and then Amanda will bring the fight to the ground.

For whatever reason this made me laugh. Cool AV though!

I'm actually really looking forward to this fight. I'm really hoping that Valentina can pull off the win. She seems really cool and down to earth. Not to mention she's representing Peru which is awesome.

You're welcome, that's a sick ass fight.

Whats the card looking like for this?. I'm gonna be away on vacation for most of july so haven't checked. I'll be UFC free for 4 weeks which is a relief these days..

It's the way of the future.....

giphy.gif

(Shit)

Last edited:
So title shots are based in popularity, but match order is not. Makes zero fuckin sense.

You WMMA haters are hilarious. You act like UFC brass are full of feminist SJWs who are pushing WMMA on everyone, when in reality, none of them give a fuck and they are just creating women's divisions and making them more divisions because that's what sells! People outside of Sherdog enjoy WMMA. They wouldn't do it if it wasn't making money.

Gawd damn , that's an amazing card! I'm gonna watch for everything except the main even as will hundreds of thousands of others then Dana will tell us how much of a draw the women really are. Fucking bums me the fuck out but w/e. Guess ill watch illegally.

If you think nunes is the reason ppvs shes on do well then I got some magic beans to sell you.
He's god damn right !! Amanda is massive draw. Take a look at UFC 200 & UFC 207. She headlined her first 2 title fights and both made 1 million PPV.
Joanna for comparison competed SIXTH time for women's strawweight title and did not get a single chance.

AMANDA is going to sell 1 million+ PPV buys at UFC 213.
Mark my words!!<Y2JSmirk>

You would have to pay me to watch that match. After the Co main Event is done, off I go into the sun set

Imo Nunes vs Shevchenko II should be the 4th fight on the card. You definitely don't want people walking out before the "main event" begins, a la UFC 200 when people were walking out after Brock's fight. Main events and fight order should be decided on popular appeal, not titles. Me personally, I'd rather watch Whittaker - Romero, Overeem - Werdum and Cowboy - Lawler before the chick fight. Nothing against WMMA, but not all championship fights should be pushed to the front of the queue.

Popular appeal would not place all of those fights above Nunes Shevchenko. I think what you mean is the femle fight should be at the bottom because you dont like them.

Last edited:
Back