Nunes v Cyborg.

Echo_Bliss

WHAT?!
@Green
Reaction score
I believe Nunes can be the one to beat the one, and become the one to have ruined Ronda, Holm, and Cyborg - the holy trinity of MMA, and she shall rise above them as the undisputed goddess.

Nunes' strengths: Unafraid of Justino. Knows how to bull-rush. Knows how to endure a bull rush. Has been in the cage with some of the best in the world.

Her concerns: Her cardio could become an issue if the fight goes long, considering Justino's more frequent use of body shots. Being smaller, Justino wouldn't have that hard of a time bullying her around in close quarters, forcing Nunes to fight from the outside.

Justino's strengths: Master of the bull rush, the new Bob Sapp - unlike Sapp, she is known to have a good chin, great cardio, and a diverse platform of combat arts to choose from. She has a very high Fight IQ, as did greats like Jones and Fedor of days old (It could be argued that Fight IQ was the real factor behind the great success of both Jones and Fedor).

Her concerns: She has faced a long list of... well, 40 year old's, mothers, women who've either had a record at the time of 0-2, 1-3, 1-2, or some other bad record and retired shortly after. Very few of the fighters Justino has defeated have gone on to have interesting careers and top fights, which is why I call her the new Bob Sapp (I do acknowledge, on the other hand, she's dabbled in several combat arts and has demonstrated effectiveness in defeat and victory alike). I also believe that while most of her reputation was built against unworthy opponents, she will be forever image-broken the first time she takes a legitimate loss - and Nunes is exactly the kind of fighter it might take to beat Justino.

Who do you have winning and why?

No need to speculate because they won't fight each other.

I don't care what the others say but this is the next big fight for WMMA and I won't mind paying to see it.

I do think Nunes does have a strong chance cause unlike most of Cyborg's opponents, Nunes is younger, I think will have a speed advantage and will be more technical sound. Plus Nunes is not that small compared to Cyborg, I saw her in person and she was bigger than I expected. I guess it depends how durable she is and if she can survive with that gas tank of hers.

I believe Nunes can be the one to beat the one, and become the one to have ruined Ronda, Holm, and Cyborg - the holy trinity of MMA, and she shall rise above them as the undisputed goddess.

Well so far she has only ruined one of them so this all seems very premature

I seem to remember an article a few months back wherein Nunes said she would fight de Randamie when she was champ but she was not interested in fighting Cyborg, because Cyborg was much bigger.

Justino's strengths: Master of the bull rush, the new Bob Sapp - unlike Sapp, she is known to have a good chin, great cardio, and a diverse platform of combat arts to choose from.?
I like your analysis overall, but I'd just like to say that Bob Sapp actually has a fantastic chin. He just doesn't have the mental toughness to take damage. In terms of not getting rocked/knocked out, Bob's chin is great.

I like your analysis overall, but I'd just like to say that Bob Sapp actually has a fantastic chin. He just doesn't have the mental toughness to take damage. In terms of not getting rocked/knocked out, Bob's chin is great.

Get off Bob Sapp's chin bro...

Better rewatch that bro.......Nunes WON a split decision
But these round by round breakdown clips show otherwise. I see Nunes getting outstruck for 4 rounds. Even while she's in Shevchenko's guard she's getting outstruck.

Nunes hits harder than most Guys! She kos Cris

She's never even beaten Holm before dumb ass.

And she wants none of Cyborg either, she all but admitted that in an interview earlier in the year. She said she was interested in fighting Germaine for the title and then immediately vacating it if she won it, but once GDR got stripped and it ended up around Cyborg's waist, she suddenly had no interest in it anymore.

Why are people in this thread ignoring the fact that Nunes said she wouldn’t fight Cris because she’s too big?

If Nunes thinks she’d be at a disadvantage and wants no part of Cyborg there is nothing to debate.

But these round by round breakdown clips show otherwise. I see Nunes getting outstruck for 4 rounds. Even while she's in Shevchenko's guard she's getting outstruck.

I see what you are saying....and Hillary is our President as well.....

I see what you are saying....and Hillary is our President as well.....
Shevchenko 2,3,4,5

~Bullet Bless

giphy.gif

Back